GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Do dealerships bring in more inventory after mid-March?
I can't find my 2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium in the color / options I want.
Here in SFLA they are offering 2k incentive until 4/3. I know spring is normally
a terrible time to buy a car, wanted to wait til Fall. But by then I don't think I will
find what I want on a dealer lot. And April 30th is the cut off to order a 2017. :confused:
Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Mustang inventories rise in spring and summer and decline in winter.
Mustang (and any sporty type car) sales rise in spring and summer and decline in winter.
Basic automotive concept 101.
Better deals in winter- duh.
Less choice in winter- duh.
Buying a left over car missing options you really wanted, taking a second choice color or buying a car with $1700 in options you didn't want just to save $1500 on a left over car- stupid- duh.
If $2000 is a make it or break it margin you shouldn't be in the market for a Mustang- build a life first (house, savings, retirement fund). Or take your self out of the market, get a part-time job at McDonald's and earn the extra $2k and then go buy.
A 2017 left over will be cheaper in 6 months, a left over 17 will be even more cheaper in 12 months, a left over 2018 will be cheaper in 18 months......everything will eventually be cheaper...probably best to wait for 2021 and the changeover.

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Well....

Mustang inventories rise in spring and summer and decline in winter.
Mustang (and any sporty type car) sales rise in spring and summer and decline in winter.
Basic automotive concept 101.
Better deals in winter- duh.
Less choice in winter- duh.
Buying a left over car missing options you really wanted, taking a second choice color or buying a car with $1700 in options you didn't want just to save $1500 on a left over car- stupid- duh.
If $2000 is a make it or break it margin you shouldn't be in the market for a Mustang- build a life first (house, savings, retirement fund). Or take your self out of the market, get a part-time job at McDonald's and earn the extra $2k and then go buy.
A 2017 left over will be cheaper in 6 months, a left over 17 will be even more cheaper in 12 months, a left over 2018 will be cheaper in 18 months......everything will eventually be cheaper...probably best to wait for 2021 and the changeover.
It was a simple question but it had to get personal
Bottom line I am trying to time this right to get a better deal. I have a Plan A and a Plan B to get the car I want. It might be the last Mustang I purchase because of my situation.

Last edited:

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
And 2k shouldn't be a make it or break it . But 2k is a lot of money still so the incentive to buy is there

sphinx

Mr. Whipple
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang GT Fastback
Don't mind the prognosticator, there seems to be an inordinate amount of involuntary muscle contractions occurring ...

First ...
You need to mention the color/options you're looking for, so others can help.

Second ...
You used the word can't. That is an absolute. You can find what you're looking for with a little persistence. You may have to travel a bit to get what you want.

Being in Florida, anytime is a good time to buy, but production volumes are based on tempered states that affect 65% of that forecast. Not to worry.

You may not always find dealer inventory on an Auto Trader type website. I have found plenty searching the actual dealer website.

Would not sweat the incentive, as a new set of unknowns will be implemented April 4th.

I'm waiting for the 2051 jet pack option.
Sponsored