Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
This one is for the naysayers... told ya ;)

Ford has just confirmed a limited run of one-hundred 2015 Shelby GT350 Mustangs (50 with track pack, 50 with tech pack) to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the vehicle and has also announced that only 37 GT350R models will be built for the 2015 model year.
2015 Shelby GT350 Mustang Confirmed.jpg

Ford Announces Limited Run for 2015 Shelby GT350; Only 37 GT350R Models to Be Built

• Ford to produce limited run of 2015 Shelby® GT350 to commemorate the nameplate’s 50th anniversary

• 2015 Shelby GT350 comes with a unique 2015 VIN – the envy of Shelby enthusiasts everywhere

• Limited run of 37 Shelby GT350R models to be built in homage to original GT350 competition model of 1965
In recognition of the 50th anniversary of the Shelby GT350, Ford will build a limited run of Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustangs for 2015.

The original Shelby GT350, introduced in 1965, established Mustang’s performance credentials on racetracks around the world. The all-new Shelby GT350, featuring the most powerful naturally aspirated Ford production engine ever, re-establishes Mustang as a world-class sports car.

Only 100 Shelby GT350 models will feature a 2015 model year designation before production switches over to 2016. Of these, 50 will be equipped with the Technology Package and 50 equipped with the Track Package.

“Fans of the Shelby brand are among the most passionate in the automotive industry,” said Henry Ford III, Ford Performance marketing manager. “To honor the passion of our fans for Shelby GT350’s 50th anniversary, a limited run of GT350 models will be built in 2015; these cars will be highly coveted by both Mustang and Shelby enthusiasts alike.”

2015 Shelby GT350R: Celebrating 50 years of a pony car legend
In 1965, Carroll Shelby developed and sold an FIA-homologated Mustang called the Shelby GT350 competition model. This race-ready Mustang took to tracks around the world, competing in the most prestigious races and against the stiffest competition there was. In addition to winning the Sports Car Club of America’s B Production national championship in 1965, 1966 and 1967, the car entered races throughout South America and Europe, including the 1967 24 Hours of Le Mans.

There is heated debate among Shelby enthusiasts over how many 1965 GT350 competition models were built during the extremely limited production run. While Carroll Shelby insisted two prototype cars and 35 production models were built, most records show only 34 production models received serial numbers from the Shelby production facility.

For 2015, Ford will make sure there is no confusion about the number of GT350R models constructed; 37 cars will be built in Carroll Shelby’s memory.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ounces-limited-run-for-2015-shelby-gt350.html
Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Wow I wasn't a doubter but still shocked to find this at 12:35 on a random Tuesday morning. :ford:

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
It'll be interesting to see how they dole these out. I assume a lottery type system or maybe the top 100 dealers.

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
Wow I admit I did not see this one coming... but definitely hoped! Thanks for posting. So it turns out lots of bad info from so called insiders on other sites being spread about this.

Now that the cat is out can any dealers on here tell us if there are any special anniversary things being planned like unique colors, badges etc?

Sponsored

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
Oh, the dealer mark-up on those cars.:eyebulge:
Can we stop with the ADM discussion please? This has been buried so deep into the ground, it has reached the earth's core.

On another note, I kind of knew that Ford was going to do a 50th anniversary limited edition run. Time for M6G to make another subforum! Let's just hope they all get louvered glass and a Wimbledon White option and other amenities/options. Maybe Liquid Blue as an exclusive color as well being that it is a limited run?;)

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
No sense in us even discussing them. There will be so few made that we won't get our hands on one. I think even "THE COLLECTOR" from the Avengers movies will have trouble getting one. You will have just as good a chance of getting one of the infinity stones! LOL. My only shot to get one is if Military Auto Sales for overseas military gets one and then enter a lottery where hundreds will apply and then get picked and luckily get one! I will watch Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and dream about getting one of these special editions.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
LOL it's still a relevant topic of discussion so long as we forego the arguments for and against.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
No sense in us even discussing them. There will be so few made that we won't get our hands on one. I think even "THE COLLECTOR" from the Avengers movies will have trouble getting one. You will have just as good a chance of getting one of the infinity stones! LOL. My only shot to get one is if Military Auto Sales for overseas military gets one and then enter a lottery where hundreds will apply and then get picked and luckily get one! I will watch Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and dream about getting one of these special editions.

MAS doesn't know anything about this yet...I just spoke to my rep who I currently have a 15 GT on order pending my PCS in July.

Sponsored

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think MAS will get a shot at one of these. They are on tab to get 31 2016 shelby allocations. MAS sells more Mustangs than any other Ford Dealer. I am sure they will get at least one. Poor military folk would never get a shot at one of these otherwise. Collectors are going to pay through the nose for one of these. Only 137 made???? Big name + Rare Car = Stupid money. I don't even hope to get one. It is near impossible so I will continue my plan for the 2016 Shelby GT350.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Wasn't THE COLLECTOR from Guardians of the Galaxy?

I guess I'll wait for a 2016 model.

-T

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes the Collector was in Guardians but he was also in Thor too.

Last edited:

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This guy will have one of the special edition shelby GT350s. Maybe you can trade an infinity stone for one!

[ame]

Last edited: