thermostat

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Mine was around 196 too until I got retuned and had the fans come on sooner.
I may have to try that ..My I2 hand held lets me change the fan settings .. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I live in Tampa bay also , with a 170 stat mine runs 195 196 in traffic and I'm always in traffic lol ... But I also have a big old intercooler blocking air flow to the Rad ..With the stock stat I was seeing 210 and up .. So the 170 stat did help a bit .. I could turn the fans on a bit sooner and I'm sure that would help ..

One thing I have noticed is my data logs show coolant temps 10 deg lower than what my dash gauge reads ..
there is no coolant temp sensor

lots of "inferring" goes on with these cars

ifly680g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have an Even Flo 160 right now in the car.
I have a Reische 170 on the way.

I will post a cold start video with both and drive them up to temp.

We will see if there is a difference.
Same location, same car, same tune/fan settings, etc.

Will probably be next week.
Looking forward to your results.

I am also curious to see if any member will test the two out by changing the coolant ratio. I have both TStats but don't want to go through the trouble of changing to a 60/40 mix. I am sure the vendors may have the data but would like to see a member do it that does not have a preference to one product or the other.

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hope this helps. Evenflo 160F thermostat. ECT: 183F / CHT: 190F

77F ambient temp with 90% humidity (raining).
IMG_20151203_165450.jpg

Last edited:

ifly680g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hope this helps. Evenflo 160F thermostat. ECT: 183F / CHT: 190F

77F ambient temp with 100% humidity
Did you change the coolant ratio?

Sponsored

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Did you change the coolant ratio?
When I flushed my coolant, it was my first time doing it, so I'd say I'd still have some left in there. I'd say 95% water / 5% coolant.

If someone wants to send me a couple of bottles of 50/50, I'll put it in and grab another pic. :)

ifly680g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
When I flushed my coolant, it was my first time doing it, so I'd say I'd still have some left in there. I'd say 95% water / 5% coolant.

If someone wants to send me a couple of bottles of 50/50, I'll put it in and grab another pic. :)
So, you just added water? I thought according to Livernois that the 160 worked better with a rich mixture of glycol to water 60% glycol and 40% water.

That Glycol is $23 a bottle at the ford dealership but it is concentrated.

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So, you just added water? I thought according to Livernois that the 160 worked better with a rich mixture of glycol to water 60% glycol and 40% water.

That Glycol is $23 a bottle at the ford dealership but it is concentrated.
I can't speak to that, but my race track requires all antifreeze (glycol) to be removed before racing. Most have the same rule.

Living in South Florida it never gets near freezing so I have no plans of putting glycol back in anytime soon.

Last edited:

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I can't speak to that, but my race track requires all antifreeze (glycol) to be removed before racing. Most have the same rule.

Living in South Florida it never gets near freezing so I have no plans of putting glycol back in anytime soon.
I wonder why that is? Probably due to its slippery nature if there is a leak? I know I hate when there is coolant spilled in the shop. That shit is still slippery even with reduced skid work shoes.

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I wonder why that is? Probably due to its slippery nature if there is a leak? I know I hate when there is coolant spilled in the shop. That shit is still slippery even with reduced skid work shoes.
It's dangerous to other racers and it's a major pain in the butt to clean up.

Few things are more boring than watching the drag strip zamboni going up and down the track for an hour.

Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
there is no coolant temp sensor

lots of "inferring" goes on with these cars
Not inferring anything , just telling you what I'm seeing .. Don't like it Terry don't read it ..:mad:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Not inferring anything , just telling you what I'm seeing .. Don't like it Terry don't read it ..:mad:
lee, relax brother, this is the internet.

please reread what i posted.

"there is no coolant temp sensor in this car, the temperature reading that is seen in the datalogging is an "inferred" temperature reading

just as the digital boost gauge that is seen in the dash is an "inferred" boost reading.

so when i say lots of inferring going on with these cars. I mean lots of "inferring" going on with "the cars"

hope that makes sense

lots of the readings we see on these cars are calculated loads / temps / etc.. "inferred readings"

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
No one said you were inferring anything. There's lots of inferring going on by the ECU of the car - for example there is no coolant sensor so the ECU has to infer the coolant temperature from the CHT.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
So with all this being said, when does the ecu start to pull timing due to an elevated temperature??? When CHT reaches xxx or ECT reaches xxx?

My ECT hover around 188-198 tops via nGauge, CHT is 205-220 via dash information. If the magic temperature amount of 200 degrees is what Ford says to start pulling back the reigns, I'm being screwed by my CHT. If it looks soley at a ECT reading, I'm not going to worry anymore.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
So with all this being said, when does the ecu start to pull timing due to an elevated temperature??? When CHT reaches xxx or ECT reaches xxx?

My ECT hover around 188-198 tops via nGauge, CHT is 205-220 via dash information. If the magic temperature amount of 200 degrees is what Ford says to start pulling back the reigns, I'm being screwed by my CHT. If it looks soley at a ECT reading, I'm not going to worry anymore.
Good question...
Sponsored