Yes

OP
OP

CoolWhip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
That's 82 Celcius, average on most cars are 90, as soon as you get to 70 it starts to become difficult to use as an every day driver

Is this the case with the mustang? What's the lowest you can go without having HUGE warmup times, etc

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
That's 82 Celcius, average on most cars are 90, as soon as you get to 70 it starts to become difficult to use as an every day driver

Is this the case with the mustang? What's the lowest you can go without having HUGE warmup times, etc
We recommend the Reische Performance 170deg stat. We've been using them in all of our shop cars over the last few years with great results.

Here's the link to them.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/reische-performance-ford-50-170-performance-thermostat.html

Let us know if you have any other questions or need assistance placing an order.

Thanks, Jared

OP
OP

CoolWhip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
What performance gains are we looking at? (Roughly)

Is it suitable for a daily driver? Bit concerned mainly due to living in the UK (20 Celsius is high) :lol:

What are warm up times like?

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What performance gains are we looking at? (Roughly)

Is it suitable for a daily driver? Bit concerned mainly due to living in the UK (20 Celsius is high) :lol:

What are warm up times like?
There's no actual performance gains to be seen as far as HP/TQ goes. The main reason to install one is to help keep the engine cooler and prevent detonation during high performance driving or racing.

The Reische Performance thermostats are definitely compatible for daily drivers. As mentioned I run their thermostats in all of my cars which range from 450rwhp to 1250rwhp. All of which are driven both on the street and the track.

Here's the description of the thermostat taken off of Reishe Performance's site.
FORD-50
This is a custom built thermostat and all of it's components are 100% made in the USA. Whether you are using an aftermarket radiator or not, this thermostat will provide the best possible heat dissipation from your setup along with a faster warm up time and better cold weather performance than a 160° unit or a thermostat with holes drilled in the diaphragm. We believe the 170° opening temp is the ideal balance for high performance engines, providing high flow to your radiator by mid-180 temps while still providing good all season performance. With proper fan settings your coolant temps in cool weather will be in the 170s and in hot weather the 180s, giving those running high levels of timing and/or boost added protection against engine-damaging detonation as well as maximum power output.
SEAL/GASKET REPLACEMENT: Stant 25282, Gates 33619 or Duralast/Felpro 35710

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

OP
OP

CoolWhip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I meant performance gains with a tune, cooler air more power

I'm worried about oil viscosity

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
We are running the even flo 160 in our car now. Temps are much better, it will keep the car in its best power range. combined with our lund custom tune and the fans on earlier, the car will be much happier, less chance of pulling timing.

free shipping available with code evenflo

and they are almost 1/2 the cost of the reische

http://teambeefcakeracing.com/2655-160.html

OP
OP

CoolWhip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
How will it be in cold weather like the UK, I'm worried by the oil viscosity and the engine burning it, what's your professional opinion?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How will it be in cold weather like the UK, I'm worried by the oil viscosity and the engine burning it, what's your professional opinion?
Here's what Joel from Reische says about your cool temperature and oil viscosity concerns.

"Another concern is oil temperature and viscosity. If the engine oil does not get hot enough to burn off certain contaminants then the oil's effective life will be reduced. Lab testing has not shown any significant contaminant increases using our 170° thermostats in cold weather, but to be safe, I recommend changing your oil more frequently if you plan to operate your vehicle regularly in cold climates. Also, effective oil viscosity is increased with lower temperatures so I would recommend using a quality 0W-30 (or 5W-30) synthetic oil for most late model applications. Even though Ford recommends 5W-50 oil for many of their late model high performance applications I would still recommend the 30W oils stated above when it is being operated regularly in cold weather with our 170° thermostat installed.

In extreme cold environments it may be best to run an OEM temp thermostat but above all just monitor your coolant temperature carefully when you have concerns. If you observe sustained engine coolant temps below 165° then I recommend swapping in the OEM thermostat for the colder months"

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
We are running the even flo 160 in our car now. Temps are much better, it will keep the car in its best power range. combined with our lund custom tune and the fans on earlier, the car will be much happier, less chance of pulling timing.

free shipping available with code evenflo

and they are almost 1/2 the cost of the reische

http://teambeefcakeracing.com/2655-160.html

Just ordered 1 from ya! :clap2:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
OP
OP

CoolWhip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Is a tune required to set the fans or is it all automatic once the part is installed?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
typically with our lund tunes, they set them to come on early

OP
OP

CoolWhip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So it doesn't need a tune but it would compliment it nicely?

Adding that to the Black Friday, Cyber Monday List

Thank you!
Sponsored