Sponsored

Anyone else notice increased road rage toward you?

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I have noticed the pickup truck phenomenon. More often than not, if the truck "murdered out," has huge tires, rolling coal, a big LED lightbar slapped onto the grille, toting NRA stickers, has a push bar on the front, etc...they're not going to like you challenging their road-superiority. These guys often get straight up mad at the sight of a GT.

Otherwise, I think any angry faces I see while in the Mustang, I'd probably see in my Jeep or whatever I'm driving. I always try to be safe and courteous but I do tend to be on the aggressive side...like most folks here, I imagine.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I have noticed the pickup truck phenomenon. More often than not, if the truck "murdered out," has huge tires, rolling coal, a big LED lightbar slapped onto the grille, toting NRA stickers, has a push bar on the front, etc...they're not going to like you challenging their road-superiority. These guys often get straight up mad at the sight of a GT.

Otherwise, I think any angry faces I see while in the Mustang, I'd probably see in my Jeep or whatever I'm driving. I always try to be safe and courteous but I do tend to be on the aggressive side...like most folks here, I imagine.

Down south, those lifted trucks are everywhere. I call them "brodozers"

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....I always try to be safe and courteous but I do tend to be on the aggressive side...like most folks here, I imagine.

Tall Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 2015 F350 Lariat 6.2L
I've seen all the lower 48 states and parts of Canada through the windshield of a Peterbilt.
I can assure you people drive like assholes everywhere...Some places are worse than others though..

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP

They make good rabbits

[ame]

Sponsored

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I've noticed none of it, nor have I experienced it. I'm always a respectful driver and considerate to my surroundings; including other drivers, and pedestrians. No one's acted with rage towards me at any point for anything in the eight months I've owned my Mustang. Some might even say I'm too considerate and too nice to be driving a Mustang. :)

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
I've never noticed anything weird like this, I do not drive the Mustang aggressively around other cars. People already think we're dicks, there's no sense giving them more evidence. But the other day I had about 4 cars act weirdassed around me. I usually travel 20 over, so I'm no roadblock, but I had 2 of these cars tailgate the crap out of me despite having lots of passing opportunities. The other 2 were gawkers and cutter - offers. So maybe there's something to this. Weirdest of all is that 3 of the 4 were women drivers.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Pretty noticeable driving the GT350 around. I'd say out of every 2 to 3 thumbs up I get about 10 to 15 dirty looks or people acting / driving like morons around me. I think the sheer loudness of the exhaust pisses some people off. Meanwhile, I'll get in my 1989 Nissan 240sx and everyone is all smiles.

OP
OP

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I've never noticed anything weird like this, I do not drive the Mustang aggressively around other cars. People already think we're dicks, there's no sense giving them more evidence. But the other day I had about 4 cars act weirdassed around me. I usually travel 20 over, so I'm no roadblock, but I had 2 of these cars tailgate the crap out of me despite having lots of passing opportunities. The other 2 were gawkers and cutter - offers. So maybe there's something to this. Weirdest of all is that 3 of the 4 were women drivers.
I'll be honest, few things are bigger turn-ons than fast/aggressive female drivers who can actually do it well! :love:

-Emt1581

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
I haven't noticed hate, but I do have people try to race me from time to time.

Today at Les Schwab the nice young man that helped me track down my rear wheel clunk admitted to me he didn't like "mustang" guys.

Of course insinuating I was different we had a short talk about his old trans am and even though they could have billed me an hour of shop time they let me go free of charge and asked I visit them when my tires wear out.

He also mentioned he didn't care for wrx guys even less.

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
What it is called in psychology.

Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
I have noticed the pickup truck phenomenon. More often than not, if the truck "murdered out," has huge tires, rolling coal, a big LED lightbar slapped onto the grille, toting NRA stickers, has a push bar on the front, etc...they're not going to like you challenging their road-superiority. These guys often get straight up mad at the sight of a GT.]

Its called P envy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Meaning Pony of course. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is a rated G Forum - Guys & Gals be nice. :cheers:

Last edited:

iSpeed27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DiB GT
How people respond to you depends on what area you're in. For some responding here they don't see this type of behavior, but that's because it doesn't happen where they live. For others, it's a daily occurance.

It happens to me every day. Between bro-trucks, ricers, college kids, it's gotten old. I had a kid in a Hyundai on the service road of a local toll road try to block me as I was coming down an off ramp. When I slowed down he would match my speed, when I would speed up a little he floored it to keep up with me. With the on ramp coming up I had to floor it to get around him. If there had been a cop there he would've pulled me over and arrested me for that.

But the worst of it are the middle-aged guys in used entry level luxury cars. One entry level model above all others. BMW 3 Series. I've had a few Cadillac ATS and one Mercedes C Class. But it's always the guys in BMWs who have to prove to me they have the bigger dick. A couple weeks ago a middle aged guy in an 328xi blew past me, shift into neutral, rev his engine at me then, as I continued past, would put it back in drive and blow past me again. I was just minding my own business on my way home from work. It was late, the sun had already gone down, I had my windows down, and I was exhausted. After the third time he did it I looked over at him and wagged my finger at him. The woman in the passenger seat was so embarrassed she had to hide her face. After that he backed way off, about 10 under the limit, and he turned off at the next major intersection.

And I live in the suburbs. It's the same in Dallas. But when I go out driving in the country the people there are so much nicer.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
When other drivers see the 5.0 on the fender and start singing Ice Ice Baby in their heads. After a minute or two they realize how stupid that song was and then decide to kill you or themselves. It's not rage it's insanity.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Road-rage

I commute 80 miles round trip 3-4 days a week on coastal hwy's at 75 mph here in Texas and the lifted trucks are sometimes an issue but the women drivers are worse, especially in town. I rarely see camaro or challenger drivers so I can't judge their reactions as of yet. I enjoy every time I drive my pony and am ready for any reaction as I am a "defensive driver" Mom taught and proud of it!
tn_DSCN1314.JPG

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
When other drivers see the 5.0 on the fender and start singing Ice Ice Baby in their heads. After a minute or two they realize how stupid that song was and then decide to kill you or themselves. It's not rage it's insanity.
"Cruising in my 5.0"...lol except today its imagration control..." ice ice baby"...lol
Sponsored