Sponsored

Anyone else notice increased road rage toward you?

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
road rage? no, but I do notice passive aggressive behavior from cars in front of me from time to time, making turns extra slow, swerving way out to the right, along with taking their time turning, my wife says I'm insane, but when they can be seen looking back at you in their side view mirror constantly.......yeah
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
In my 20+ years I've been flipped off maybe twice and a handfull of horn honks. Cut off a ton but not aggressively, just because a car length of space communicates the opportunity to change lanes (cut off) around here. But never had this amount of aggression.
How much of your reaction to that being "aggression" is your perception? Where with previous cars they were "just cars" and they were just squeezing in ahead of you?

Is it possible that you were paying less attention to other drivers with past cars?

Norm

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Do an experiment.
For one day, drive absolutely perfectly.
Do the speed limit, use your signal, be courteous, don't tailgate, stay in the right lane etc.

See how that goes.
^^^
This

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
It's funny you mention this because I was just talking about it yesterday. I drove about 6 blocks in my mustang yesterday and it seemed like the whole world was pissed off at me. I had a bicyclist a block away point at me to not go, I had plenty of space and time (an entire block) so I went. He caught up to me at the light and had some choice words.

Now if I drive my beat to hell, dented, scratched dodge ram, everyone is nice to me. If I make s mistake people just smile and wave. In my mustang everyone yells, flips me off etc.

Also lately I've had A TON of shit boxes try and race me. Mostly cheap Toyotas and mini vans. But I am young and look younger than I am so they probably think my parents bought the car for me or something

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
There's another thread called "Is this my life now" that you should read as well. It's the exact same topic. I agree I think people drive more aggressively towards sports cars in general. It's like people have a chip on their shoulder and want you to know it. Just this morning I had a guy almost cream me. He got in my lane inches away from my right fender. The guy switched lanes without a turn signal and WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING. People are idiots. We need more good teachers to educate kids these days so more people like this guy don't exist.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I haven't had a lot of hate necessarily, but yesterday I was definitely yelled at randomly twice, and possibly a third.

I have noticed that the attention the car gets almost always is when it's freshly cleaned. When it's covered in pollen or road dust the comments and such are much less frequent. GT's are pretty uncommon in the area where I live, and I don't even know if there's another S550 GT in my small town. But yesterday in a town of 30k people where I've seen 2-3 550 GT's I had an identical shadow black pull up beside me. That's not happened ever. I looked out the window and gave the guy a thumbs up but he wasn't looking. I'm guessing he was looking when I wasn't though..lol. I also realized how freakin quiet the car is on the factory exhaust. You wouldn't even know it was a V8 in regular traffic.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
There's another thread called "Is this my life now" that you should read as well. It's the exact same topic. I agree I think people drive more aggressively towards sports cars in general. It's like people have a chip on their shoulder and want you to know it. Just this morning I had a guy almost cream me. He got in my lane inches away from my right fender. The guy switched lanes without a turn signal and WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING. People are idiots. We need more good teachers to educate kids these days so more people like this guy don't exist.
You're attributing other people's behavior to what you drive. I assure you it has nothing to do with it 99% of the time. The person that cut you off would have done so no matter what you were driving, it has nothing to do with your car. Yes, people are idiots, but your car doesn't make them so.

There can be the occasional person wanting to race a bit, but that's about it. Or maybe someone just wanting to compliment you.

99% of people are A-B transportation appliance drivers. They don't care about what they drive themselves, much less what you drive. They don't care about your car. They don't notice it, they don't give 1/2 a shit about it.

It's 99% perception, not reality. Too many people here are so obsessed with their car, they act like everyone else is too. And some drive faster, so they do piss people off, mostly by startling them by being somewhere they didn't expect. If you accelerate hard, another driver may think the next lane is clear, but it isn't because you romped on the throttle and showed up in their blind spot un-expectedly.

Other drivers may pull out in front of you. Not because they're dicks, but because they didn't expect you to accelerate so fast and be so close when they pulled out. They thought they had more time.

Ya'll need to stop blaming other drivers. It's both your perceptions, and the way you drive.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
people try to kill me daily when I am out driving.
I almost get sideswiped everyday... People will pull out in front of me and come to a dead stop in the middle of the 45MPH road....
I'm certain that someone is going to hit my mustang within next few years.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

You're attributing other people's behavior to what you drive. I assure you it has nothing to do with it 99% of the time. The person that cut you off would have done so no matter what you were driving, it has nothing to do with your car. Yes, people are idiots, but your car doesn't make them so.

There can be the occasional person wanting to race a bit, but that's about it. Or maybe someone just wanting to compliment you.

99% of people are A-B transportation appliance drivers. They don't care about what they drive themselves, much less what you drive. They don't care about your car. They don't notice it, they don't give 1/2 a shit about it.

It's 99% perception, not reality. Too many people here are so obsessed with their car, they act like everyone else is too. And some drive faster, so they do piss people off, mostly by startling them by being somewhere they didn't expect. If you accelerate hard, another driver may think the next lane is clear, but it isn't because you romped on the throttle and showed up in their blind spot un-expectedly.

Other drivers may pull out in front of you. Not because they're dicks, but because they didn't expect you to accelerate so fast and be so close when they pulled out. They thought they had more time.

Ya'll need to stop blaming other drivers. It's both your perceptions, and the way you drive.
It's perception. And I also do accelerate faster than my old TDI I used to have. But people's judgement just isn't good in general. I'd much rather be hit in my old TDI than my new Stang. I hate going through the accident process.

Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
When I started that thread I had no idea it would stay on page 1 so long. I've got a lot of entertainment out of it.

Tall Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 2015 F350 Lariat 6.2L
I get more people doing stupid shit when I'm driving the F350 than when I do the Mustang..
As a long haul trucker of just over 24 years I get use to being hated a loooooong time ago.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
You may be driving too slowly. That will set people off in Houston. That and camping in the left lane or late starts at red lights.

socalx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I myself drive like a dick anyways so this is normal behavior.

Where I live, it's keep right except to pass. However, no one adheres to that law nor is it enforced. So when someone is in the left lane, I'll drop 2 gears and give them an earful as I get around them.

At this stage in my life, I ignore 90% of the people on the road. I don't really care what they are doing. I just drive defensively as much as I can.

One day I was pulling into my neighborhood and was almost to my house when I noticed someone was tailgating me. Come to find out, I cut them off about 4 miles back. I didn't know. Then I started to think about it. I made a turn in front of a car that was driving 20 mph in a 55. So I said, that wasn't you was it? Sure enough, she was mad because I made a turn and was on my way instead of waiting for her to make a turn. The lady was no where near the turn and wasn't getting there anytime soon.

But people are people. If I'm behind you, you're driving too slow. If you're behind me, you're driving too fast. That's generally the mentality. So I ignore everyone and just focus on my driving habits. If you are behind me, I'll get over and let you through. If I am behind you and you don't get over, enjoy the noise for a minute. I know I am.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
People are plain stupid on the road, it's a bit scary to be honest. Yesterday I witnessed a guy get into a left turn lane and as soon as he got the arrow... turned right instead.

I get a lot of tailgaters in the Mustang, maybe trying to play "keep up". I let them pass me or I move over most of the time. Occasionally I'll just hit the gas and pull away to let them know that "no, you can't keep up with me". Pickups seem to be the worst for some reason. Funny thing is, almost all fast cars I encounter never do this.
Sponsored