Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
That is correct - they are spacers if needed.

Best Regards,

TJ

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Did anyone have parts left over? These 4 pieces were in the kit but no mention in the install directions of them. They fit the flat angled piece the bolt goes thru perfectly but I see no need for them and again, no mention of them.
It mentions them in the instructions in your pic as "shims" and "spacers" (same thing) they are â…› inch each, if double them ÂĽ inch... I imagine on some particular S550 models the bar may hit something in the way (tranny, exhaust, etc.) so this will bring it down a little. Mine didn't come with them.

Last edited:

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
So just installed mine, really happy with result, 90% reduction in tramlining. I didn't expect it, but thrilled with result. Torqued to 60 ftlbs, noticed that at anything under this the spacers were not really "pinched" well. Maybe those that haven't noticed an improvement need to tighten theirs so there is no free play, as the bolts fit loosely in the frame holes and leaves some wiggle room if not engaged.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Pretty sure mine are not torque to 60. I did crank them down pretty good. I will get out the torque wrench this weekend. I have not had enough seat time to make the call 100% on an improvement, but seemed to be less. I watched the video and did not read the paragraph about the shims. Did not see them in the pic on the instructions and no mention in the video so I assumed no mention in the instructions. Way to be more through than I. LOL.

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Pretty sure mine are not torque to 60. I did crank them down pretty good. I will get out the torque wrench this weekend. I have not had enough seat time to make the call 100% on an improvement, but seemed to be less. I watched the video and did not read the paragraph about the shims. Did not see them in the pic on the instructions and no mention in the video so I assumed no mention in the instructions. Way to be more through than I. LOL.
When you torque them down I found it easiest to use a large box end wrench to hold the nut still on top, and angle it so it is hitting the Steeda bar itself to keep the nut from turning while applying torque to the bolt head.

The highways around me are constantly under construction and lanes are often different heights causing ridiculous tramlining when changing lanes, this has much improved, not resolved, but I would say tramlining on most roads has been eliminated.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
I ordered one the other day, but have a question: Has anyone changed their oil with this in place? Is the drain plug below or is this going to get bathed in oil while draining? TIA

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
any tricks to getting the spacers into the subframe? I've got the leftover slugs out. I'm stumped or I'm brain dead today..

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
I ordered one the other day, but have a question: Has anyone changed their oil with this in place? Is the drain plug below or is this going to get bathed in oil while draining? TIA
The brace is far enough behind the drain plug that it doesn't get in the way of draining the oil, no oil will touch it.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
any tricks to getting the spacers into the subframe? I've got the leftover slugs out. I'm stumped or I'm brain dead today..
The spacers have a 4" wire welded to them that helps you guide them through the larger forward hole to the rear hole where they are mounted. Mine inserted easily, then after torqued down wiggle it back and forth (:gossip:) about a hundred times and the wire will break off.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Oil passes right by it.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Using the guide wire in combination with a thin screwdriver I was able to push the spacer close to the hole. When it's pushed over far enough to get an awl or different sized punches into the spacer use them to line it up properly. I covered the wire with a vacuum line and pushed it back up into the frame to prevent rattles. I didn't clip the wire as instructed in case I ever wanted to try and take the spacer out for some reason. Torqued to 40 ft lbs and then finished with the required 60 ft lbs.

The Steeda G-Trac brace performs as advertised.
Good call on the tubing. I cut mine dead even with the center of the hole and then pushed the wire up centering it in the middle of the frame. That way I can get them out and reuse them (not likely but just in case). I doubt they will vibrate around enough to hit the frame and if they did, no way it could he heard I don't believe.

I did the same thing with a small screw driver to get the spacer centered. Once it got over the lip from the slug punch-out it was easy. Getting it over the lip was the challenge.

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
Thank you. That makes sense. I just can't seem to turn the spacer after it's inserted. Will try again with a small screwdriver.

Punching out the slugs was pretty easy, and I just used a magnet to get them back.

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Thank you. That makes sense. I just can't seem to turn the spacer after it's inserted. Will try again with a small screwdriver.

Punching out the slugs was pretty easy, and I just used a magnet to get them back.
Don't lay them on their side when putting them in, keep them upright, then you don't have to turn them (which I'm not sure is possible due to space constraints).
Sponsored