Sponsored

Steeda 2 point brace install - review

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
This thing is probably by far the best car mod I have ever done with respect to cost/benefit. I cannot tell you how much I am pleased as the tramlining has considerably been reduced if not disappeared as well as the front of the car feeling much more planted. This is not the placebo effect as I drove the car over 150 miles today in various roads and I knew how the car felt in those roads under similar conditions and the difference is substantial.

Regarding the install, I had the metal pieces there which prevented the washer from going in. The video says to use a file, but I used a large flat head screw driver to bend those pieces and once they were fully bent, they just fell off. After that inserting the washer was easy, although it took some effort to fully line it up and fully press it in.

I did use an extra washer with the nut (and a washer with the bolt). Torquing to 60 ft/lb isnt easy if you dont have an helper, and it feels like it is a lot but it's not. Just make sure to use a quality torque wrench not one of those cheap ones which sell for $30 that click as they have no accuracy in the low torque figures and work better around 90-100 (not I am not saying all click torque wrenches are bad, just the ones that sell for $30).

I did the entire install in 20 minutes including getting the car on the lift.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
This thing is probably by far the best car mod I have ever done with respect to cost/benefit.
Still a couple hours to go ... but this is the best statement I have seen all night :)

We appreciate your support & feedback - truly appreciated.

Let us know if we can add some more mods ... so we can add to the "best"!

Have a great night.

TJ

MGD444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Sorry to Hijack, but I have an install question....

I screwed up and couldn't figure out how to get the spacers installed, so I installed without them. Now I see how to do it, but after removing the brace, I see the subframe got indented and now I can't get the spacers in. I tried to bang them out with a chisel with no luck. Any advice on how to get them in, or is it ok to reinstall without the spacers?

Other than that, install was easy and you can definitely feel the difference, well worth the price

Thanks in advance

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Torquing to 60 ft/lb isnt easy if you dont have an helper, and it feels like it is a lot but it's not.
did I miss the torque-spec in the installation guide that came with it? I just set is as hand-tight as possible.

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
did I miss the torque-spec in the installation guide that came with it? I just set is as hand-tight as possible.
There is no torque spec on the instructions. I did it 'very tight by hand'. Later I got curious and checked with a torque wrench - about 50 ft/lb.
I also like the result. The tramlining did not really bother me since I have been running MPSS on my previous car for more than 5 years and that was tramlining a lot too. But what I like is the immediacy and 'one piece' feel of the front end after the install.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Any link to that brace, their are quite a few on their site. Thx
IMG_1789.jpg

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Shows y'all for voting for Justin Trudeau... :D
Believe me , he didn't get my vote. I'll leave it at that.....:rant:

Let's see if TJ @Steeda can chime in and get me a discount. ;)

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
There is a torque spec in the youtube video. I can tell you 60 ft/lbs is a ton more than hand tight. It took me a while to get it there given I was laying under the car. I would definitely use a torque wrench since difference between hand tight (around 15 ft/lbs) and 60 ft/lbs is huge.

If you havent used the washers then you will severely bend your subframe though.

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
ah wow - gotta get under there again I guess...got the washers installed

thanks

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Did anyone have parts left over? These 4 pieces were in the kit but no mention in the install directions of them. They fit the flat angled piece the bolt goes thru perfectly but I see no need for them and again, no mention of them.
IMG_6231.jpg
Sponsored