Sponsored

Daily Chat Topic Europe

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
From what I could tell from taking off the small trim part on the right is that the plastic is covered/wrapped with the aluminum trim, it looked really difficult to take of the aluminum without damaging it and get the dent out this way.

Here's a quick pic btw, the dent only annoys me under the right reflection and also I can feel the wobble :doh: I do admit I'm nitpicking though!

A wrap would be another solution but I don't feel like doing this...
dash dent.jpg
Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
You are right, the dash trim is plastic covered with a thin aluminium foil.
I'm doing the standard-to-PP conversion and I'm working on vinyl wrap the PP dash trim for a while now.. I tried a brushed aluminium wrap but didn't like that so changed to a dark brushed aluminium that is way better.

I should complete it in the next few days.. just in time for the Tuscany coast and hills meetup :)

Last edited:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
You are right, the dash trim is plastic covered with a this aluminium foil.
I'm doing the standard-to-PP conversion and I'm working on vinyl wrap the PP dash trim for a while now.. I tried a brushed aluminium wrap but didn't like that so changed to a dark brushed aluminium that is way better.

I should complete it in the next few days.. just in time for the Tuscany coast and hills meetup :)
Interesting, you changing it to get the gauges in the center as well?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Did you find a way to make them work too? (the gauges)
There is probably no connector in the dash for it. So connecting to the ODB or ODB with a splitter in case you wanna add another device like the COBB AP could be an option.

Makes me think of the questions I had before I had the car. I was told that the factory only makes one wire loom, option/upgrade ready... meanwhile I still haven't found the connector for the memory seats etc.

Yeah, that's the main reason :D
Btw, what did you order? Dash, gauges, China? I'm a bit confused :-)

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Itll drift!

[ame]

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Did you find a way to make them work too? (the gauges)
Only the boost\vacuum gauge works atm, but I'm not worried since I don't really need the data on it.. it's primarily aesthetics :D

There is probably no connector in the dash for it. So connecting to the ODB or ODB with a splitter in case you wanna add another device like the COBB AP could be an option.

Makes me think of the questions I had before I had the car. I was told that the factory only makes one wire loom, option/upgrade ready... meanwhile I still haven't found the connector for the memory seats etc.

Btw, what did you order? Dash, gauges, China? I'm a bit confused :-)
There is no connector but the way to do it's not via obd2: you 'simply' have to get CAN signal from the back of sync2 screen.
There is a huge thread in the technical subforum about that.

I found on ebay US a PP dash trim with GT gauges at a ridiculous price ($169) that had a small dent in paint and it was perfect for me since I already planned to change paint to match my brushed aluminium dash.
At the moment I'll keep the GT gauges set (oil pressure + vacuum) instead of using an EB gauges set (oil pressure + boost\vacuum) because I want to see how they work first.. and then maybe spend $200+ for and EB gauges set.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Only the boost\vacuum gauge works atm, but I'm not worried since I don't really need the data on it.. it's primarily aesthetics :D

There is no connector but the way to do it's not via obd2: you 'simply' have to get CAN signal from the back of sync2 screen.
There is a huge thread in the technical subforum about that.

I found on ebay US a PP dash trim with GT gauges at a ridiculous price ($169) that had a small dent in paint and it was perfect for me since I already planned to change paint to match my brushed aluminium dash.
At the moment I'll keep the GT gauges set (oil pressure + vacuum) instead of using an EB gauges set (oil pressure + boost\vacuum) because I want to see how they work first.. and then maybe spend $200+ for and EB gauges set.
Interesting! Thank for the link to the other thread!

Itll drift!

Nice catch at 1.20, was this a test run for Lux 3 :D

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Dammit, I just noticed that my seat is tearing out! Fast fun & affordable... yes... but this is one of the downsides then I guess!
dammit, my seat!.jpg

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, seats ""leather"" is really cheap..

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
ouch :( I should also check that close if there is something
The scary part is when you zoom in, my car was cleaned 2 weeks ago :doh:
On the other hand it's just normal tear & wear from repeated friction or pressure on the same area('s) that causes it.
Sponsored