Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Well my brother came up and gave me a hand. Had it done in an hour and a half :shrug:. Not really sure what exactly we did differently except somewhat starting from scratch. I did buy another jack. Wanted a better, low profile one anyways. I do think that may have made a difference, having 2 jacks to maneuver on each side. I appreciate that tip. I also used the jacks on the previously mentioned areas of the subframe instead of the pumpkin.

The roads were cool and wet tonight so didn't push the short test drive too hard, but did feel tighter in the back from what I could tell. Didn't notice any increased NVH thus far. Happy to have them on.

Appreciate you guys chiming in with help. Glad to have some support when I'm worried I've effed my car up lol.
Sometimes all it takes is to take a break, and get another hand involved.

Glad you got it done! Don't forget to check the alignment and have it corrected if need be.

I want to officially welcome you to the team! #TeamCB005 :cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
[MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] - sent you a PM a week almost ago. Pls take a look.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
@BMR Tech - sent you a PM a week almost ago. Pls take a look.
I will answer it here. Much more efficient to do it that way.

"I have a squeak or creak with your CB005"

It is not "too" uncommon to occasionally have some odd noises that were masked by the OEM components, poke their ugly head once doing the CB005 or other components (from any company) that mount chassis and suspension components more rigidly.

To date, the only time I have had a report of an actual noise being emitted from our CB005, is when they are either installed improperly OR have a rear cradle that does not match the manufacturing tolerance of the cars we have here. I have only learned about this somewhat recently, when pulling my hair out trying to resolve a friend of mine's issue he was having.

I have come to find out, the welds and the positions on the frame to bushing cups on the cradles can be somewhat "off" OR inconsistent. The first picture below shows the area I am speaking of. The BMR Lockout Ring can interfere with the welds on the cradle. If this happens it can cause the assembly not to sit as it is intended to, and can cause noises. The solution at this time is to mark the BMR ring, grind some clearance into the ring and position it / ensure it is flat and non-interfering with the cradle.

The other issue I have seen is when people install the upper lockout rings like pictured below (upside down). Seems like the impossible, but it happens..
CB005 Issue.jpg
Correct and Incorrect.jpg

Dak2Zeke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 428
Will these void the warranty? Better bang for your buck, lockout kit or lowering springs? I take it one helps with acceleration traction and the other handling?

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
Will these void the warranty? Better bang for your buck, lockout kit or lowering springs? I take it one helps with acceleration traction and the other handling?
Void Warranty??? The aftermarket parts have to be the cause of the problem, and that's unlikely with the CB005. Lowering springs will likely kill your shocks early, but that's kind of to be expected. These parts accomplish different things, it's hard to compare them without knowing what you're hoping to accomplish.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
As of this morning, I have already put 16,447 miles on the set on my 2016 PPGT - and LOVING every mile of it!

Car is absolutely abused. I try to break parts with the car, and these things are holding up great and not making a peep of noise - as expected.

How are all you guys and gals liking them?

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As of this morning, I have already put 16,447 miles on the set on my 2016 PPGT - and LOVING every mile of it!

Car is absolutely abused. I try to break parts with the car, and these things are holding up great and not making a peep of noise - as expected.

Single best mod I've done thus far. Combined with the springs and vertical links, zero hop. I'm not much of a twisty guy, more straight line, but the body roll seems nearly non-existent. Also, zero sacrifice in ride quality or NVH. I rarely DD the car, but 2K on it since install and couldn't be happier. BMR FTW!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Loved it since the day I installed. I have about 15k on the parts and no complaints! Much better rear end feel and control and almost all wheel hop gone. Most simple and cost effective IRS control package. :headbang:

Eisman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang.... Duhhhh
I haven't had mine on the car for too long, but so far I'm happy with how much of a difference they've made.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Here are a few informational vids of our super popular CB005!

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

Sponsored
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
BUYERS BEWARE!

BUYERS BEWARE!

It has come to my attention that there may be a company selling counterfeit BMR products on eBay and possibly through other outlets.

We have received the CB005 from the seller on eBay, and I am very certain these components are counterfeit and not authentic BMR manufactured components.

The seller on eBay is "SoCalPartsDirect"

https://www.ebay.com/sch/socalpartsdirect/m.html?_trksid=p3692

You will also see various "Steeda" products, and also unauthorized reproductions / copies of products like Steeda's IRS Brace and the Fays 2 Brand Watts Link Kit.

I believe this to be their actual web-site: (not 100% certain)

https://squareup.com/store/socalponyparts/

Please be advised, BMR will in no way warranty or provide product support with these items. If you do not have proof of direct purchase, OR we cannot trace your purchase through one of our authorized resellers we will not support your needs related to these items, unfortunately.
Copy Quality.jpg
Copy vs BMR coating.jpg
CB005H_1_1600.jpg

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
And nobody should expect you to support them if they get sacked with counterfeit product. Especially if they KNOWINGLY buy a knock off (a'hem, SR Performance).

Thanks for posting this.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
^ thanks [MENTION=21494]wildcatgoal[/MENTION]

Even if these were our actual products, the MAP pricing violation and the fact they are not a direct or authorized BMR dealer, automatically negates and voids any warranty for the product.

Buyers, make sure you buy direct or from an authorized reseller when acquiring a BMR product - this ensures product support and full warranty. ;)

Witj85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT Base 6spd in Shadow Black
Installed these along with other suspension components and my car handles night and day better then stock! Would definitely recommend as one of the first mods to do.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Installed these along with other suspension components and my car handles night and day better then stock! Would definitely recommend as one of the first mods to do.
Great to hear! Enjoy!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.