Sponsored

Think any of the stage/phase 1 superchargers will come down in price in about1-2years

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
A BIT too expensive ATM, especially considering installation and usd-cdn conversion, and upgrading all the other parts. Plus i'm waiting for my warranty to be up anyway.

Btw do you need 91 octane or even higher with a supercharger?
Sponsored

Jackie Chan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Corvette ZR1
I hvent seen the price of sc kits go down in the last 15 years on anything so maybe

My take on it is if the price of the kit alone is too much you really should reconsider. Cost of ownership goes way up when modding cars to make 50% more rwhp

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
Adding forced induction to your car is not cheap. Prices have actually come down from what they used to be. Just because you see kits in the 5500 to 6000 USD range expect to still pay closer to 10,000 USD for the kit. Plus a few supporting modifications to support them. That is just scratching the surface.

91+ is also going to be a requirement once you go to forced induction.

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The prices for the S550 FI base packages aren't going to come down anytime soon unless some manufacturer decides to start a price war with the others.

You're cheapest entry besides a used S/C is getting one of the centrifugal base kits around black friday; where you might get 5-10% off.

You will have to decide if you want any additional supporting mods (OPG/TG/axles for a M6 going to the strip, sticky tires). You can buy the base kit and not spend another penny and be good to go; but there is always potential for blowing the motor when adding this much power.

However; you don't need to spend $10k unless you are counting a replacement motor or chasing very high HP#'s or super low ET's.

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
The prices for the S550 FI base packages aren't going to come down anytime soon unless some manufacturer decides to start a price war with the others.

You're cheapest entry besides a used S/C is getting one of the centrifugal base kits around black friday; where you might get 5-10% off.

You will have to decide if you want any additional supporting mods (OPG/TG/axles for a M6 going to the strip, sticky tires). You can buy the base kit and not spend another penny and be good to go; but there is always potential for blowing the motor when adding this much power.

However; you don't need to spend $10k unless you are counting a replacement motor or chasing very high HP#'s or super low ET's.
He is talking cost of blower and installation cost. Plus if he has MT that is going to be a clutch as well.

6000 F/I Choice
1000 - 1500 install
1000 to 1300 clutch
400 to 500 clutch install

Right there he is already in the 9K range.

Sponsored

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
He is talking cost of blower and installation cost. Plus if he has MT that is going to be a clutch as well.

6000 F/I Choice
1000 - 1500 install
1000 to 1300 clutch
400 to 500 clutch install

Right there he is already in the 9K range.
:amen:

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
If your mech skills are up to par and you dont drive like you stole it. its not 9k+

got my paxton during xmas special, installed myself and had a local pro dynotune it
less then 5500 total cost. add a set of drag radials and some steeda cradle braces and bushings and i still havent hit 6500. Daily driven by my wife on stock clutch and axles at 705rwhp.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
prices of the kits never change, never seen it happen, if anything they'll go up due to inflation and cost of materials

just go for one of our custom packages and put a smile on that face :)

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Of course they'll go down in price now that I recently bought one. :lol:

Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
When you think about it, the price really isn't that bad consider how much reliable power you gain and no, prices aren't coming down, why would they? Coming from a supercharged NSX, $11k got me only +60-70HP to the wheels.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
When you think about it, the price really isn't that bad consider how much reliable power you gain and no, prices aren't coming down, why would they? Coming from a supercharged NSX, $11k got me only +60-70HP to the wheels.
You're right, for the money spent for what you get it's awfully hard to beat. I should've done it sooner.

Rhamlinii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronald
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (Base)
No, I doubt it.
Sponsored