Sponsored

TPMS and New Wheels?

Ritchie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any old shite.
when I had a flat battery, it took about 10 miles to re-set and when i had my wheel switched and the battery disconnected, took around 5 miles
I recently bought a genuine set from Steeda.

Robbie told me that you don't need the tool, just reset as above.
Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
I fitted new TPMS (OEM) when I changed my wheels and got an error message after about 2 days driving, and I'd read somewhere about just doing the reset in the Driver Assist 5 times in succession on the system, which I did, and it sorted it straight away and there's never been any issues since.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
This is weird..... I have 2 sets of wheels, original and P6G, both sets have genuine Ford sensors.:)

Whenever I change from one set to the other, I just swap the wheels, do a reset in the centre dash, and the sensors read the new wheels straight away..

I've even way over inflated them to check the readings, and it's definitely reading the wheels that are fitted at the time..

Elnrgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ollie
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If the previous US type worked, then surely(shirley) you would have to replace them with US type new ones?
US type TPMS wont work with our EU/UK Mustangs different MHZ or something .

Myweepony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
US type TPMS wont work with our EU/UK Mustangs different MHZ or something .
I see, I think, the US type did not originally come with the car. My mistake :doh:

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I recently bought a genuine set from Steeda.

Robbie told me that you don't need the tool, just reset as above.
You SHOULDN'T need the tool. Sometimes you will. :shrug:

Try popping along to your local tyre place and asking if they can do a reset.

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
So, Can I transfer the TPMS from my current alloys to the new ones, I'm also using the same rubber on the new alloys regardless? (I assume I can?)
These should work: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/for..._screw_from_2015_onwards_f_5300064_c_1628.htm

Then you can transfer the TPMS sensor from the one valve to the other. It's a tiny allen key you'd need. Nothing wrong with the sensors (unless the fitter brakes them obviously) if the battery hasn't died yet. The chance of hurting the valve stem if you try to get it out is just to big IMO. And if it is hurt and leaking, you'd have to start over again anyway. At least this way, you can reuse the sensors :)

And if you get the correct sensors (the ones on FPUK should be good), you shouldn't need a training tool. Driving about 30K did the trick for all customers we had so far. No promises though :D

Edit: PS1: note that depending on the brand, you'll need 2 sets of valve stems. F.e. Niche. normal ones for the outer bead and the Ford Performance TPMS for the inner bead.
PS2: if the fitter decides to set the sensors with a tool, make sure they hit inside of the wheel :D It won't work if they do it like otherwise, cause the TPMS would be on the inside of the wheel.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION] Gonna test and see if the fitters can removed the TPMS, if they can't i'll buy some new ones I guess :p! I'll mention it to them before I go, I'm hoping they arrive today PJ, if they do, i'll mail Mike at Modurstang and ask if they can do that whilst my vents are being fitted, that would have allowed the c5 cerum the 12hrs to cure :).

#PrayingTheyComeToday

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a pic of the valve stems with and without TPMS:

34029119480_850cf6461b_z.jpg

And this is the small bolt they'd have to loosen to transfer the sensor from one valve to the other

34372509566_60329c6f30_z.jpg

:cheers:
Makes sense, will leave that with the fitters lololol ;)!

New wheels are sexual!
Sponsored