Sponsored

Child's harnessed booster that fits?

TheMrs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Convertible GT/CS
I'm looking into a harnessed booster seat for my 4 year old. She's currently in the Recaro ProRide which fits pretty well in the backseat. Like most moms do, I've done extensive research on the safety of various models, but I'm nervous about buying one without knowing if it will fit well in the bucket seat. I don't want my seat damaged! Does anyone have a harnessed booster that fits well? If so, what brand and model?
Sponsored

IsolatedSnail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS
Subscribing to the thread as I'll need a booster soon. Please update with whatever you choose and how well it works. :)

OP
OP
TheMrs

TheMrs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Convertible GT/CS
Will do!

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I'm using a Graco from Walmart. The one with the removable back so the seat belt sits right across her body correctly. Fits well and my daughter loves it.

IsolatedSnail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue GT/CS
Any chance you could snap a pic of how it fits in the backseat?

Sponsored

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
The general agreement is that the Diono Radian R100 is one of the most narrow convertible car seat / boosters available on the market.

I currently have it in my car (not a Mustang), and I can confirm that it is much narrower than other seats that I've used. It's currently in a forward facing harnessed seat format (my daughter is 4), and will soon go to a booster with seat back, and then just booster base.

I believe it's 17" wide at the widest point, which won't fit perfectly between the Mustang's bolsters. Many report that it fits "well enough", though Diono makes a booster pad that is designed to tilt the car seat while in rear facing mode - a side effect of the pad is that it also can be used to fill in some of the bolstering.

FYI - the Diono is not cheap or lightweight (it has a steel sub frame). With that said, its build quality is very high.

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I'm looking into a harnessed booster seat for my 4 year old. She's currently in the Recaro ProRide which fits pretty well in the backseat. Like most moms do, I've done extensive research on the safety of various models, but I'm nervous about buying one without knowing if it will fit well in the bucket seat. I don't want my seat damaged! Does anyone have a harnessed booster that fits well? If so, what brand and model?
at 4 years and 3 months I had my daughter out of harnessed booster (it was Evenflo) and into a booster using seat's belts. And had a seat protector underneath since it was held pretty tight to the latch anchors.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
$30 or $40 graco that's the color of my car off amazon works just fine for my going on 5 yr old. very small footprint and back comes off when he gets older for a regular booster seat.

OP
OP
TheMrs

TheMrs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Convertible GT/CS
The general agreement is that the Diono Radian R100 is one of the most narrow convertible car seat / boosters available on the market.

I currently have it in my car (not a Mustang), and I can confirm that it is much narrower than other seats that I used. It's currently in a forward facing harnessed seat format (my daughter is 4), and will soon go to a booster with seat back, and then just booster base.

I believe it's 17" wide at the widest point, which won't fit perfectly between the Mustang's bolsters. Many report that it fits "well enough", though Diono makes a booster pad that is designed to tilt the car seat while in rear facing mode - a side effect of the pad is that it also can be used to fill in some of the bolstering.

FYI - the Diono is not cheap or lightweight (it has a steel sub frame). With that said, it's build quality is very high.
Thanks Bravo! The Diono is one of the brands I was considering. I knew it was a little slimmer than most others and I prefer the steel frame, so it's good to hear that it's a decent fit. If anyone has one of these seats in their mustang please post pics! Thanks y'all :thumbsup:
Sponsored