Sponsored

Cutting Base model circuit board

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Does anybody know if cutting the original circuit board in half at the CD slot will mess up the rest of the circuit board? I am trying to frankenstein my original climate controls to the scosche kit.
Sponsored

OP
OP

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
in case anybody is wondering if you can cut the circuit board just above the climate controls for DDIN head unit install, and still have functioning climate controls......

NOPE

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
If that's the route you really want to go you can usea premium bezel. That's what I'm doing till we get the 8 inch android units. Another possibility would be mounting one of the new joying android units behind the base bezel with the screen in front since they connect with a wiring harness.

OP
OP

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I was just trying to bastardize my busted scosche kit. I installed the metra last night and everything is gravy. The scosche had better fit/finish, but both brains lost climate controls.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I modded my Tomtop to work with Premium circuit board, just had to cut the benzal to fit the premium parts. Rest was plug and play for a/c and switches. Drive mode will unlock if you program using Forscan. Should be easy if using new Android unit as well.
Sponsored