and a little boy waits

NZmuzzy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Ok, settle in, this simple story of frustration is one that is getting just a tad tired.

I'm in New Zealand and waiting the arrival of my new Muzzy. In NZ we don't have quite the length of wait I am seeing in Australia but I ordered mine in August 2016 and they promised April and well here it is, almost delivered. Sounds fair enough except for the teasers I have got all the way along.

See the car was put on a ship prior to Christmas. Early shipment, I got excited. :headbang:

It arrived in the country and was released to the company doing some little upgrades the second week of January. I got excited. :cheers:

Upgrades were delayed a week while they sourced a 3.73 rear gear from the states. Potential downer but not the end of the world. :doh:

All upgrades loaded and finished by the end of January, trial run and there was a drive shaft vibration. Solution found but the company didn't have any one time bearings left. Ford NZ had none. A shipment was needed from the states. Disappointment started. :shrug:

3 week delivery from Auckland to Christchurch (really, what did they do push her all the way????). Disappointment. :shrug:

Finally she arrived mid March. Should be about a week I was told to PD and make sure all was good. Getting excited. :clap2:

End of the week and they rang. Just sent your extra bits to the painter. WHAT??? You've had 3 weeks notice of arrival, after delays and only now with the car ready did you send the parts out for painting??? Yeah, bit of an oops eh. :mad:

Maybe in a week.

A week goes by, yep next week. Feeling despondent but its nearly over eh.

Today. Hey we got your parts back from the painter and all set to go. Oh great when can I pick her up? Oh, umm we've just noticed some paint imperfections in the roof and boot, she has to get those panels repainted. Oh you have got to be joking <insert several family unfriendly words and phrases>. So when? :frusty:

Maybe the end of next week? :brokenheart:

Gutted and advised them that the joys of the purchase are quickly running low. No, I have not paid them and I know they want their money so there doesnt seem to be a reason for a staff but geez guys the factory QA, the arrival inspection, the after trucking inspection and the PD didn't pick up the paint imperfections and only the guy buffering for final delivery noticed them???

It will be great, she's dyno'd at 550 hp, 410KW, running street fighter exhaust, performance lowering kit, amongst other things, normally aspirated and what us riders call a stage 1, harley tax position and still more goodies stocking up in the garage (no-one ever leaves a car like this stock).

My wife is laughing as she drives her R8 Commodore, shoulda got a Holden she says, it'd have been through the first set of tyres by now. She's right.

I've wanted a Muzzy since I was old enough to see and couldn't, wouldn't drive a left hook (I'd be a danger to not only me but everyone else on the road, it's a passing thing, I see it, have to pass it, you understand), had to be righty.

And still I wait. :(
Sponsored