Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
If you are or just for the heck of it, how are or would you order the 2015 Ford Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition ?

Sponsored

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
That's a tough choice, definitely a manual, but I can't pick a color. Wimbledon is a special color, and looks cool, but I loved Kona blue on the 10-12's.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Wimbledon Getrag.

I want a 50th Edition GT350 with a Martini themed paint job.

...and a Gulf inspired GT350...

MYs197

I'm still wondering why they chose Kona Blue instead of Guardsman. The average person will think it's the DIB car, they could have really made it stand out with Guardsman Blue.
Anyhow I chose WW manual.

OP
OP
Husker

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Pretty much ''50<->50" Manual VS Auto...

Wonder if the same spread is gonna happen for all versions of the S550-->:shrug:

Sponsored

Mark's M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'15 L.E. Auto WW
Don't know. On my way to the dealership on Friday to settle things up. Love the WW for its nod to the heritage of Mustang. And I've always liked white cars so I thought it would be a no brainer.

Love the Kona 'cause I honestly think it looks better on the car. But there's zero that Kona has to do with the heritage and I would have popped for Guardsman Blue without even a blink if they'd have offered it.

Just don't know. Sorry...said that already.

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
Wimbledon Getrag.

I want a 50th Edition GT350 with a Martini themed paint job.

...and a Gulf inspired GT350...

Pill, is that Troy Trapanier standing in the middle of that one photo with the other gentlemen?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I, too, wish it had been Guardsman Blue, if only from a historical viewpoint.

Me, I'll take mine in Kona with the autobox :)

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
My dealer offered me one of their two. I'm going in Tuesday to order white with auto. Will be my first slush box mustang but I'm sick of manuals in traffic going to and from work now. It's getting worse.

I still have a manual in my 65 cobra replica so I'll get my fill lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
After breaking my wrist a few days ago and driving home with it in my current 2014 with manual and I am rethinking and possibly going auto on my Kona. I'll get the TrackPack so why not

Sponsored
OP
OP
Husker

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Love the Kona 'cause I honestly think it looks better on the car. But there's zero that Kona has to do with the heritage and I would have popped for Guardsman Blue without even a blink if they'd have offered it.
I thought I saw a Video or maybe Read it-->:shrug:<--That Ford was offering the Blue on the LE to pay homage to the Blue Oval...

Mriley

Yep they said the WW and KB represented Ford's colors. I think they could have done just the same with OW and DIB and given the limited editions some truly unique colors. Not interested in one myself, but for the people that are, I imagine it would have been extra special.

fender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini JCW/50th LE
I have never owned an automatic, ever.
I think the last time I drove an automatic was a few years ago for two days on a rental and the first few minutes I keep pushing on a ghost clutch.
If I had to drive in bumper to bumper traffic 5 days a week I would probably get an automatic but thankfully I don't have to do that so no need for an automatic.
I race tracks as an hobbyist and for high performance cars 'automatics' are the norm…different set up obviously but same principle so automatics have come a long way on the track with paddle shifters.
Having said that though: If you are getting a GT Mustang, to me anyway it seems a contradiction to get an automatic. The whole point is the driving experience, the fun of it, the connection to the car.
Just my humble opinion but I understand its a tradeoff but if your priority is comfort than just get a something else altogether. If you are set on a Mustang and are in a daily commute in traffic, the 2.3 EB automatic is the way to go, skip the LE altogether because it drinks gas with a 5.0 and the Performance Pack is useless at 10 mph in bumper to bumper traffic anyway.
The 50th LE even more so, I was surprised it even came in an automatic.
Kinda of like going for swim in the ocean in the south. Gorgeous day, beautiful sandy beach, nice waves rolling in, perfect water temperature…but wait…you have to put on your Dry suit because you don't want to get Wet !!
Forget the suit, get the manual and jump in:)

5.0 Coyote

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I have never owned an automatic, ever.
I think the last time I drove an automatic was a few years ago for two days on a rental and the first few minutes I keep pushing on a ghost clutch.
If I had to drive in bumper to bumper traffic 5 days a week I would probably get an automatic but thankfully I don't have to do that so no need for an automatic.
I race tracks as an hobbyist and for high performance cars 'automatics' are the norm…different set up obviously but same principle so automatics have come a long way on the track with paddle shifters.
Having said that though: If you are getting a GT Mustang, to me anyway it seems a contradiction to get an automatic. The whole point is the driving experience, the fun of it, the connection to the car.
Just my humble opinion but I understand its a tradeoff but if your priority is comfort than just get a something else altogether. If you are set on a Mustang and are in a daily commute in traffic, the 2.3 EB automatic is the way to go, skip the LE altogether because it drinks gas with a 5.0 and the Performance Pack is useless at 10 mph in bumper to bumper traffic anyway.
The 50th LE even more so, I was surprised it even came in an automatic.
Kinda of like going for swim in the ocean in the south. Gorgeous day, beautiful sandy beach, nice waves rolling in, perfect water temperature…but wait…you have to put on your Dry suit because you don't want to get Wet !!
Forget the suit, get the manual and jump in:)
Its funny,you DON"T like A/T transmissions in a Mustang because it RUINS the driving experience, and they should buy something else,BUTyou think it is OK to put a 4 BANGER Eco Boost engine in a Mustang that looks like a cross between a what used to look like a Mustang and a Fusion and that is ok,putting a 4 Banger in is sinfull.

fender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini JCW/50th LE
BTW.
My guess is the GT will be better on handling and on feel with the new front/rear suspension compared to existing model, but I still think it will not offer 'superior' nimble feel and handling.
My guess is on the corners my JCW will kick ass and on the straights the GT will kick ass.
For me too the car is a tradeoff. I wish I could could have the nimble feel and handling of the Mini while having the HP of the mustang along with its great new fastback looks.
Sponsored