Corsa sport or switchpath

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
i want people to know it has an exhaust and know that theres a monster v8 around ... with that being said switch path or corsa sport? lol

i may just do a res delate and save for 3 months or so
I prefer the tone of the Corsa, though the AWE sounds great too. The Corsa stuff is so racy and exotic sounding. It fits the style of the S550 better than anything else, IMO. Visceral is the best way I would describe it.
Sponsored

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes, I would say it is louder than the Corsa Sport catback.

You can still drive it at constant RPM when cruising, and it is very quiet and drone free, but when you accelerate it is definitely louder. In general the tone is deeper, so you get a rich deep tone.

I'm sure at WOT, the volume is pretty close between the two, but in general driving the AWE is louder.
Awesome that you had both of these exhausts. Which do you prefer after owning both? Any positives and negatives with each? Im looking at these two and want something with ZERO drone, but sounds nice when you step on it. Nothing too loud though. Thanks

MustangPapi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would imagine the exterior volume is very, very similar but the AWE sounds louder inside because it's deeper/doesn't cancel some of those frequencies. The Corsa systems are very, very quiet inside compared to most of the other offerings on the market. For instance, the S-type catback is about the same volume as mine, but it's about twice as loud inside the car.
Is it safe to say the Corsa is the quietest in the cabin when cruising? This is an often overlooked point, with everybody looking for something that just screams.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Is it safe to say the Corsa is the quietest in the cabin when cruising? This is an often overlooked point, with everybody looking for something that just screams.
I would put some money down that they are, yes. Their systems do an almost surreal job of directing the sound rearward. I had a JBA axleback with an X-pipe this past summer, and it sounded a lot like a Magnaflow Street: smooth and bassy. The problem was, it was quite loud inside all the time. The really deep tones go through everything and make the trunk and cabin a big drum. When I swapped axlebacks to the Corsa Sport, on the first start up I was like "where did the sound go???"...and then I got a chance to step on it :D. They really are very quiet inside when you want them to be. I ended up taking the X-pipe out because it was just like the Xtreme and definitely too loud, but holy cow I understood then why the fanboys are such big fanboys, and still do. You will not be disappointed if you decide to go with one.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
i want people to know it has an exhaust and know that theres a monster v8 around ... with that being said switch path or corsa sport? lol
Then choose the AWE. It has a deeper V8 rumble, and has a glorious sound at WOT.

Corsa Sport is undeniably a great sound, but having had both systems on my car, I'd pick the AWE as my favorite. As you said, I wanted more V8 sound, and this hit the nail on the head, and still maintained that crucial zero-drone quality.

Last edited:

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
both are great systems, we have both available.

the switchpath will def be quieter on the cold stars in what i would call mid mode

it's like 6 out of 10, then the button makes it 10 out of 10

either way you go, you'll be happy, but we really love the bi mode on the switch path.

hit us up for either system

beef

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Deciding on the same two exhausts, the AWE sounds deeper which is what I think I will go with. Wanted the GT350 quad but the 2.5 inch tubing and raspiness is kind of throwing me off. Let me know what you choose!
Just got the SwitchPath installed over the weekend and it isn't quiet, but it sounds sooo good. A friend that works at Ford did the installation for me and he happens to have a GT350 and was able to hear both exhausts side by side. I would say they are equally as loud, equally glorious with the SwitchPath having a lower note. I was also considering the Corsa but on the reviews I saw and read it seems to be very loud inside the car. The SwitchPath is loud inside the car only during acceleration, but it quiets down dramatically when cruising.

The sound on this thing is unreal. It is a combination of pure Mustang sound with an exotic flare. Nothing I have heard before, really good. The AWE videos do not do it justice, it sounds way better in person. The "quiet" mode is loud but not overbearing, the "loud" mode is off the hook. Love both. And the gargle on downshifts is crazy, something you can't hear on the AWE videos because they are driving an auto.

I will be making a video review soon and will post here.

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Dunno about the Corsa, but the AWE is just like stock when cruising. You can barely hear it at 80 or 90 mph. Now I don't have to turn the radio up as much compared to the Magnaflow I used to have. Don't get me wrong, the Magnaflow sounds really awesome as well, but it wasn't what I was looking for.

fcarpio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I would put some money down that they are, yes. Their systems do an almost surreal job of directing the sound rearward. I had a JBA axleback with an X-pipe this past summer, and it sounded a lot like a Magnaflow Street: smooth and bassy. The problem was, it was quite loud inside all the time. The really deep tones go through everything and make the trunk and cabin a big drum. When I swapped axlebacks to the Corsa Sport, on the first start up I was like "where did the sound go???"...and then I got a chance to step on it :D. They really are very quiet inside when you want them to be. I ended up taking the X-pipe out because it was just like the Xtreme and definitely too loud, but holy cow I understood then why the fanboys are such big fanboys, and still do. You will not be disappointed if you decide to go with one.
LOL, totally this. I had the same experience when I went from the Magnaflow Street to the AWE SwitchPath.

Sponsored

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Installed Corsa Sport cataback on Friday, dude go for it. No words can't describe it, videos just don't do justice. I was asked whether it's V10 engine. So many thumbs up all over the place. I enjoy driving my car 10x more now. And it's not annoying at all, the sound is absolutely handsome and during cruising it's like a stock exhaust. 10/10 for Corsa.

kanniiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 Ebony Black
R3v, have you heard the corsa sport with headers before? I am thinking about installing the sport on mine but I already have headers installed. How are your cold starts currently? REALLY loud?

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
R3v, have you heard the corsa sport with headers before? I am thinking about installing the sport on mine but I already have headers installed. How are your cold starts currently? REALLY loud?
i had SP OR headers and corsa sport and cold starts are loud, but it quiets down quickly. its a sound you will not regret if you pair em:cheers:

hypermotive has some youtube vids of that combo if you're curious, unfortunately i never got vid of my car before the wreck

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you're worried about overall volume with headers (including cold start), you could get the Touring axleback (mufflers from the Sport catback) and a resonated X-pipe.

kanniiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 Ebony Black
well right now I have the corsa extreme with the catted long tubes... the first start of the day is possibly the loudest thing iv'e ever heard for 30 seconds. Once i'm on the road for a minute it's great. That said, the cold starts are so obnoxiously loud that I really want to make a change. I wish I could have the best of both worlds but I leave really early in the morning. I start my car in the garage for 15 seconds now then throw it in reverse and get the heck out of the hood but I know one guy is fixing to burn my house down.

I really just need to know if the touring mufflers will make that much of a difference. I can't get corsa on the phone but I was going to just swap them out and see what happens. Knowing in advance that it's worth it would be very helpful.
Sponsored