2016 GT base model suspension seems sloppy

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
strut tower brace is really just for looks. I think you guys may notice slightly quicker turn in but I doubt there's any real difference in "handling" benefit.
Yep, that's why it's on the GT350R, which doesn't have an engine cover for looks but has a big hunk of metal for just that. Take yours off and go drive the car hard.
Sponsored

ZanarkO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2000 C5, 2006 Eclipse GT, 2003 Evo 8
Yep, that's why it's on the GT350R, which doesn't have an engine cover for looks but has a big hunk of metal for just that. Take yours off and go drive the car hard.
and a civic has a damn strut tower brace as well and a honda fit. wtf is your point. I said it improves driving feel will it make the car corner faster? no.

ZanarkO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2000 C5, 2006 Eclipse GT, 2003 Evo 8
and it is NOT a good first mod for performance if you have a base car. it's for looks

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Excellent handling is almost entirely subjective and determined by feel. Improving cornering feel is improving handling. Grip and corner speed are not the same as handling. The FR-S/86 and BRZ handle fantastic stock but are not particularly grippy, same with the Miata.

This is an excellent low cost mod to make the car feel more responsive and connected to the road, which is what the OP is looking for. It is not the best way to make the car faster, certainly.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My 2016 GT base model seems a bit sloppy when taking mildly hard turns on imperfect roads. Seems it is not quite "connected" as it should be. I'm not saying it's terrible, just should feel tighter with less flex or mush when on uneven surfaces. My old 92 Notch with pitman, subframes and Tokico shocks seemed more connected to the road somehow. Does a set of lowering springs help in this department? Thanks.
LOL. You need to get with BMR like I did. Our stock suspension blows cow balls. The CB005 kit from BMR should be a starting point. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
ford racing strut tower brace kit and steeda 2 point k member brace will tighten the front end. i just installed the BMR cb005 cradle lockout with the steeda cradle alignment bushings and got rid of the sloppy feeling in the rear. i didn't want to lower the car because it's too easy to rub the front spoiler coming out of parking lots already. HTH

georgev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base Auto
I have a 2016 GT base, didn't have the k brace or the strut tower bar. I added P265 40 R19 size tires and rims all around last year and the front end felt very sloppy. Yesterday I installed the Ford Performance GT350 k brace and aluminum strut tower bar. The difference was extremely noticeable. The whole front end feels like 1 piece, the sloppiness is gone and steering is sharp.

I'm a believer that it's functional and not for looks.

swami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Try the steeda 2point k member brace. It's a cheap mod easier to install than a 5 point and you will notice the difference.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2016 GT base, didn't have the k brace or the strut tower bar. I added P265 40 R19 size tires and rims all around last year and the front end felt very sloppy. Yesterday I installed the Ford Performance GT350 k brace and aluminum strut tower bar. The difference was extremely noticeable. The whole front end feels like 1 piece, the sloppiness is gone and steering is sharp.

Thanks lol. Mirrors my feelings when I installed it as well.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Strut tower braces work that well? I've been on the fence about getting one. Since my car had 20" factory wheels, it came with the cowl brace already installed, but no strut tower brace. I've been thinking about grabbing a gt350 one, mainly for looks but some added handling improvements would be nice.
It absolutely does. I also have a GT Premium, so the car came w/the cowl brace. The addition of the FRPP strut tower brace made a huge difference in handling. Car immediately felt more planted and connected to the road. IMO it added a little NVH to the steering wheel, but I'm very sensitive to that. It is well-worth the trade-off IMO. I'm very happy with it.

Now I just need to fix the rear end, but that's coming very soon.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase

Didn't know if the GT350 k brace and strut tower brace would fit. Good to know.

Try the steeda 2point k member brace. It's a cheap mod easier to install than a 5 point and you will notice the difference.
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Ford K-brace and the after market two point braces? I'm wondering if it is redundant to a 2 point brace and then get the Ford Performance strut tower brace
Sponsored