Sponsored

EU Number Plate Holder

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Hi fellow european mustang owners,

My 2017 Mustang is soon to arrive (this week) and I'm still debating whether I let the dealer mount my front number plate with those standard bulky plate holders.

What did you guys do with your plates? I don't like the idea of drilling in my bumper as I'd like to remove the plate at events. I saw some people used adhesive mounts but they ended up not sticking and scrathing their paint.

If I remember correctly a user called [MENTION=16428]NewMustangDE[/MENTION] had installed a custom adhesive solution which seemed to work. Does anyone else have had an experience with just mounting the plate directly to the bumper using 3M tape?

I can get an US size plate if those have better mounting solutions. How did you guys mount the front plate and what do you recommend?

________
Walt
Sponsored

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Hi Walt,

first of all concrats with your Mustang and welcome here!!

For your license plate: have you considered a Sto'N'Sho?

This is what it looks like on the car. No holes in the bumper. Or anywhere else for that matter, cause it mounts on already existing holes underneath the car. And you can take it off easily for pictures.

If you'd be interested... I've got them in stock, and since you're from Belgium, you could have it pretty fast :D Ow and if you would want one and do it via the website, don't forget to to use the SAVEMYBUMPER discount code for the forum discount :)

33586382206_a03a731f5b_c.jpg

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
Welcome to the Forum Walt :) What colour have you ordered? :)

OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Welcome to the Forum Walt :) What colour have you ordered? :)
Thank you! Same as yours, race red :) I have yet to see the color in person but I'm sure it looks great!

OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Hi Walt,

first of all concrats with your Mustang and welcome here!!

For your license plate: have you considered a Sto'N'Sho?

This is what it looks like on the car. No holes in the bumper. Or anywhere else for that matter, cause it mounts on already existing holes underneath the car. And you can take it off easily for pictures.

If you'd be interested... I've got them in stock, and since you're from Belgium, you could have it pretty fast :D Ow and if you would want one and do it via the website, don't forget to to use the SAVEMYBUMPER discount code for the forum discount :)

33586382206_a03a731f5b_c.jpg
Thank you I will definitely consider the Sto'N'Sho holder, looks great. But is it legal here in Belgium, because it's quite low. What about the airflow? I see it blocks the lower grille a little bit.

Great website btw, if I need anything I'll make sure I check your store first!

Greetings,
Walt

Sponsored

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Thank you I will definitely consider the Sto'N'Sho holder, looks great. But is it legal here in Belgium, because it's quite low. What about the airflow? I see it blocks the lower grille a little bit.

Great website btw, if I need anything I'll make sure I check your store first!

Greetings,
Walt
Thanks! It urgently needs to be updates with more products though :doh: Feel free to come by any time you'd like if there's anything you'd need. Happy to help.

From what I know, it's perfectly legal. And the little airflow you'd lose (if any) can be compensated by getting the US lower grille :D

Btw: race red is an epic color! No doubt you'll love it.

OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
Thanks! It urgently needs to be updates with more products though :doh: Feel free to come by any time you'd like if there's anything you'd need. Happy to help.

From what I know, it's perfectly legal. And the little airflow you'd lose (if any) can be compensated by getting the US lower grille :D

Btw: race red is an epic color! No doubt you'll love it.
Okay good to know it's somewhat legal. I'm probably going to do the GT grille conversion as well it makes the car look much more agressive.

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
you will love the colour and the car when you see it live! :D hehehe no regrets!

When I saw the first time the car.... it was one of the best moments of my life :D hahaha enjoy it! :D

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I had the Craig's Custom... it sits beneath the "middle" bumper part so the plate is in the usual spot... http://ccmustangbrackets.com/welcome-to-craigs-custom-mustang-brackets/

It gives the plate a floating look too... I'm not obligated to use screws on my plates so I could just use 3M VHB tape... (the plate holder is intended for US plates but our big EU plates just barely covers it).

If you measure you'll probably find that the Sto'n'sho might be illegal actually... I believe it will sit at less than 25cm from the ground (at around 23 or 24 :D) which is the minimum according to the EU regulations... (though local differences may apply).

I've been contemplating one myself, though I can never make up my mind which looks better... that low, or in the regular spot. Since I'm getting a new bumper "soon" I get to choose again :D

OP
OP
Walt

Walt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost MT
I had the Craig's Custom... it sits beneath the "middle" bumper part so the plate is in the usual spot... http://ccmustangbrackets.com/welcome-to-craigs-custom-mustang-brackets/

It gives the plate a floating look too... I'm not obligated to use screws on my plates so I could just use 3M VHB tape... (the plate holder is intended for US plates but our big EU plates just barely covers it).

If you measure you'll probably find that the Sto'n'sho might be illegal actually... I believe it will sit at less than 25cm from the ground (at around 23 or 24 :D) which is the minimum according to the EU regulations... (though local differences may apply).

I've been contemplating one myself, though I can never make up my mind which looks better... that low, or in the regular spot. Since I'm getting a new bumper "soon" I get to choose again :D
Yeah I saw craig's holders before, but I don't trust the 3M tape enough, what if it comes loose while I'm on the highway or something. Maybe it's safer and even better to just stick the plate directly to the bumper using 3M tape.

Sadly sticker plates are now illigal here. Otherwise you could just buy a sticker and stick it on the bumper problem solved!

And yes the Sto' N Sho is probably illigal if they measure it haha. Maybe I'll just buy the Craig one and screw it in. Although I don't like to damage the bumper. Thanks for the information!

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Hi fellow european mustang owners,

My 2017 Mustang is soon to arrive (this week) and I'm still debating whether I let the dealer mount my front number plate with those standard bulky plate holders.

What did you guys do with your plates? I don't like the idea of drilling in my bumper as I'd like to remove the plate at events. I saw some people used adhesive mounts but they ended up not sticking and scrathing their paint.

If I remember correctly a user called @NewMustangDE had installed a custom adhesive solution which seemed to work. Does anyone else have had an experience with just mounting the plate directly to the bumper using 3M tape?

I can get an US size plate if those have better mounting solutions. How did you guys mount the front plate and what do you recommend?

________
Walt
Hey Walt, I'm still happy with the 3M tape solution @NewMustangDE
introduced. The first solution indeed scratch the paint for some of us, but at least I'm not stuck with the damn ugly bracket.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I'm 100% satisfied about the double-sided tape method, no issues at all (even at police checks) and no huge & horrible mounting plate!

Dorm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Nissan 350Z
I much prefer the look of not using the huge plate holder, and I have also heard that the full adhesive mounts can cause damage so would prefer to avoid.
Is there a specific 3M tape that is best to use?

Love this look Papinist! What material is your licence plate made of? It looks thinner than the ones we have in the UK :)