Sponsored

New here and looking to get a 5.0.....Auto or Manual?

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
What's the scoop on the '18 model? I'm reading the thread now but wow, quite a few pages.
New 10 speed auto coming out in 2018 and guys are creaming their pants for it.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If it were fine it wouldn't need a fluid swap right away now would it? :crazy:
Take a good look at most posters sig lines. The number of bits, pieces and parts changed/moded/up-graded is astounding. Changing trans oil? Easy peasy.

It's Ford. Their entire cars could be replaced with something better, much less just the trans fluid. If you want something closer to perfect, spend $80k on an BMW M4. Ford's are cheap for a reason.

Last edited:

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Here we go again... :popcorn:

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
I know the performance of the auto is good...but.....after watching the ten speed on the camaro lapping the Nurburgring, it sounded like a frigging CVT!

The engine basically sat near the redline and sounded like it was just screaming.

Part of the joy of a nice V8 is the changing note during pulls in different gears.

So, if you want to just smash the loud peddle and go, be my guest.

I want the joyous sounds of V8 sounds. It's more than just "numbers".

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I know the performance of the auto is good...but.....after watching the ten speed on the camaro lapping the Nurburgring, it sounded like a frigging CVT!

The engine basically sat near the redline and sounded like it was just screaming.

Part of the joy of a nice V8 is the changing note during pulls in different gears.

So, if you want to just smash the loud peddle and go, be my guest.

I want the joyous sounds of V8 sounds. It's more than just "numbers".
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

Sponsored

Boss Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C43C
Your going to have to weigh your own pros and cons and decide which makes the most sense for you. Despite the manual being tons more fun and engaging, I am down for a 2018 10 speed in the fall.

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, but how do you sip your Starbucks macchiato with a manual?
Lol. Very carefully. :)

Worst I had to deal with was my BMW E36 5-speed. The cupholder was definitely very 90s (or 80s) and was way undersized for modern stupid-sized drinks. If I hit the drive-through at a burger joint I would have to hold onto the cup during even low speed turns to keep it from tipping and spilling all over the floor. I don't miss that!

ModernBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT track - guard metallic
2 cents from a noob.

I fell in love with the guard color on the S550. Decided to buy one when I heard they were discontinuing it. I'd seen the move Bullitt about a thousand too many times as a kid.

I bought what I felt was the closest thing to a modern version. 2016 GT track in guard metallic.

Beautiful car.

so....after owning it for 7 months...why does it have 2500 miles on it?

The trans has been off the whole time I've owned it.

First was binding 1-2 shift, feels just like a lockout. this was at 1000 miles that I decided I had enough. Said nothing wrong with it - Trans fluid changed. It is somewhat better.

took it back at 2000 miles because it is still doing it and it feels like there is a tremor in the shifter and clutch feels inconsistent. It's episodic and of course they can't reproduce it.

Now. 300 more miles and it's at times grabbing in first, like I can't pull it out. Clutch is to the floor and it won't pull out of first. Sometimes it grinds. Clutch is to the floor and it grinds coming out of first.

On way home today, 2-3 times I'm coasting in neutral and push clutch in....rpms go up. it's not in gear, but rpms climbed. Other day, clutch pushed
to the floor and pushing into 5th gear and the rpms climb as I'm pushing it forward, it did that a few times.

i'm not sure if this is some dumb-shit rev-matching thing, but if it was, I figure it would do it every time.

I could tell when I left work it was going to be a shitty trans day.

Tired of it. I have taken it in twice. I have to blow a full day dropping it off because they of course never have loaners. I spent $40k on car I can't enjoy driving. Other than doing same dumb song and dance of taking it in to have them tell me it's fine....

tips for who to contact?

edit: not my first manual....I'd kill to have the t56 back at this point.