Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I have a 2017 GTPP with stock Pirelli P-Zeros and installed the following:

Ford Racing Toe Link bearings
BMR Vertical links
GT350R srpings (all 4 corners)
Steeda fixed valve dampers (all 4 corners)
Steeda rear camber adjusters
GT350R rear sway bar
CB005
Steeda IRS subframe Alignment kit
Steeda Rear Shock Mounts
BMR Rear Sway Bar End Links

I have a bounce when it a tight turn from the rear. I am not sure what is could be other than maybe the rear control arm bushing compressing and releasing maybe???? does anyone else have this or preferably had this issue and resolved it?
Sponsored

OP
OP

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Not wheel hop its like the outer tire is grabbing and releasing or some rubber in the rear is compressing and releasing causing the rear end to bounce move around slightly.

OP
OP

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Think like this if you push something heavy across a wood floor you know how it can kind of grab and release and bounce a bit as you slide it. that is kind of what is happening on the back of my car but there is no tire noise and it doesnt feel like its a smooth slide like a loss of traction more like something is well grabbing and releasing then the tire grabs then it happens again

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I can't say I've experienced the outer tire acting a fool on my car ever but maybe you're getting LCA bind from still having the bushing. I'd have to feel this myself. You retorque that LCA bushing after dropping the car?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Did this just start after you installed the GT350 rear bar?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You do have a Torsen and I will never understand why they act so weird in slow tight turns. Mine has always felt like it skips or shifts in a way and everywhere I've taken it including a diff shop said that's normal. Maybe that's what you're experiencing, too?

OP
OP

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
maybe. my 14 didnt do it and I didnt feel it on this one until I replaced all my rear parts and tightened everything up but who knows

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
maybe. my 14 didnt do it and I didnt feel it on this one until I replaced all my rear parts and tightened everything up but who knows
It sounds like a lack of rear compliance in roll. Try disconnecting your rear sway bar on one side just for the heck of it. Is it only under power, or do you get the skipping/bounce at neutral throttle?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It's there under neutral throttle as well
Yeah, try just disconnecting the bar and see if it helps. I get a slight hint of that sometimes and I have the PP rear bar.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Highly recommend not disconnecting just one side of the sway bar. You have a brake line attached to that and disconnecting one side may cause that side to articulate too far.

Disconnect both sides. I've done that to chase a noise a long time ago (wasn't the sway bar end links, it was my stock toe link's sloppy ass inner bearing).

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I have a bounce when it a tight turn from the rear.
How tight are we talking? A 25mph rated curve on a road going fast, or a 90 degree right turn out of a driveway driving normally?

In the second scenario, these Torsen diff cars will skip around a bit in the rear. Even with stock suspension. Stiffer suspension just makes it more noticeable. Just how it is.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Highly recommend not disconnecting just one side of the sway bar. You have a brake line attached to that and disconnecting one side may cause that side to articulate too far.

Disconnect both sides. I've done that to chase a noise a long time ago (wasn't the sway bar end links, it was my stock toe link's sloppy ass inner bearing).
Only potential issue with doing one side on this particular bar setup is that [MENTION=26233]Rebellion[/MENTION] found that the mount bushings are very tight, so it may still add stiffness even with one side disconnected.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
My first thought is the sway bars. I notice this less in my auto car now that I've soften up the sway bar rates.
Sponsored