Sponsored

Impact of Mods on insurance?

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
TBH I'm not sure I'd bother.

Most insurance companies can barely cope with lowering springs so something like that will just confuse them.

By all means ask, but expect the person on the end of the phone to say "I'll just say it's lowered, shall I?". :lol:
Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So Mouth or Mighty, going to argue with TT? Has one of your Mods been to make your door bigger so you can get your ego inside?
Nothing TT has said has contradicted anything I've said. In fact, you'd like to read everything back, you'll see that we're in agreement.

TT has posted the relevant information, which is all correct, but has also been posted from a worst-case scenario POV.

Is now the time to mention I happen to be a taxi driver and so am fully aware of the ins and outs of using a vehicle for hire and reward and the relevant insurance needed?

Now get back to polishing your car with the tears of disappointment because no-one thinks your car is special. Especially with it's tiny brakes.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Nothing TT has said has contradicted anything I've said. In fact, you'd like to read everything back, you'll see that we're in agreement.

TT has posted the relevant information, which is all correct, but has also been posted from a worst-case scenario POV.

Is now the time to mention I happen to be a taxi driver and so am fully aware of the ins and outs of using a vehicle for hire and reward and the relevant insurance needed?

Now get back to polishing your car with the tears of disappointment because no-one thinks your car is special. Especially with it's tiny brakes.
My Dad was a London Cabbie for 30 years, airport runs, famous people, got mugged on Easter Monday got a shotgun put in his face (still have the article in the Taxi magazine), got smashed by a lorry had the cab roll over and was back at work the next day. Being a cabbie now is a piece of Piss, no Hackney carriage office with ex cops on your back, So UP YOURS, by the way one of my ex Police mates has just got himself a new job working with TFL , he watches the cabs pull into Kings Cross or sometimes goes to the Airports and can put a STOP on a cab. So I hope yours is spotless. The 1st car i ever drove was a FX4 Cab
:D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This is effing golden. :lol:

P.S Back on topic, insurance maybe sorted, got £903 renewal from Directline, just gonna hunt around for competitive rates.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
This is effing golden. :lol:

P.S Back on topic, insurance maybe sorted, got £903 renewal from Directline, just gonna hunt around for competitive rates.
well i am "goldengooner"

talking about insurance, just told Classicline that I want my mods put into writing on my policy and within 10mins by email
my Lowering Springs and Spacers and exhaust are all on there in black and white, with zero price increase :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
well i am "goldengooner"

talking about insurance, just told Classicline that I want my mods put into writing on my policy and within 10mins by email
my Lowering Springs and Spacers and exhaust are all on there in black and white, with zero price increase :D
That's good! CLassicline wouldn't insure my Eco, and I got a GT's plate from facebook, they wouldn't insure that either... based on car model, swapped to a friends Lefty (Army guy) and they'd let that be insured... Rubbish they don't let the righties!

sheps5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 2015 GT
I'm with A-plan and with £1500 of aesthetic mods and a lund tune I had to pay £50 on top of original policy. Was expecting to pay a tad more than that so pretty chuffed. :thumbsup:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
That's good! CLassicline wouldn't insure my Eco, and I got a GT's plate from facebook, they wouldn't insure that either... based on car model, swapped to a friends Lefty (Army guy) and they'd let that be insured... Rubbish they don't let the righties!
thats weird, on the 1st policy they sent me they made a mistake and in the box which said LHD was a NO, I had to phone them to change to a YES.
I wonder if it is because, I am already with them and have been for 5 years, so they know me

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
thats weird, on the 1st policy they sent me they made a mistake and in the box which said LHD was a NO, I had to phone them to change to a YES.
I wonder if it is because, I am already with them and have been for 5 years, so they know me
They know you; and still they insure you? :shrug:

:)

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Well, Classic line was a bust. £1080 with an axle back exhaust and over body stripes. 10,000 miles, 46 years old with a clean licence in a very low crime area.

Ridiculous!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I have no idea to be honest, I struggle with enthusiast insurers as apparently at under 25 I can't be an enthusiast, but knowledge, experience etc would dictate otherwise. Morons with their ageist agenda lol! :lol::thumbsup:

Out of interest online which section did you go into to begin your quote? As there's many different ones (Classic, Future Classic, Modern Clasic, American Car etc etc)?

JasonB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
I have no idea to be honest, I struggle with enthusiast insurers as apparently at under 25 I can't be an enthusiast, but knowledge, experience etc would dictate otherwise. Morons with their ageist agenda lol! :lol::thumbsup:

Out of interest online which section did you go into to begin your quote? As there's many different ones (Classic, Future Classic, Modern Clasic, American Car etc etc)?
I phoned them, I am really struggling to get a realistic quote with those mods. I seem to be looking art a £400 to £600 loading. How are people insuring superchargers etc…?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I phoned them, I am really struggling to get a realistic quote with those mods. I seem to be looking art a £400 to £600 loading. How are people insuring superchargers etc…?
It's a myth, there's a few tools and techniques to get cheaper insurance, dodge the mod price hike etc, choice words what not, never state performance gains esp over 20% (Mind you if I did a performance gain on a Koenigsegg One:1 I'd be looking at a 306BHP increase (20%), which is a smidge off an Ecoboost in gains, so not sure how percentiles work, but hey-ho). Or just choice wording your way that it's for security and safety of the vehicle is always my way, with obviously facts of how it does such.

But would be interesting to know, I know a couple of chaps on facebook with Superchargers, both are within the Motor trade so have motor trade insurance on their cars under their business, rather than through nowt else. All the more welcome to try that, looked into it, doesn't look to be too much parameters, just need a properly Companies House SIC coded Motor trade business and then to talk to a company such as AXA etc to sort you out...

[MENTION=20104]666mac[/MENTION] who's the unfortunate soul who's insuring you in the event of a crash and has to fork out a small fortune to replace that beasty :headbang:?
Sponsored