Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
what's the difference?
with a UK or a import?
Are my parts from Modurstang different from other parts from Modurstang? And I would think it would be easier and quicker to get parts for the UK cars?
Classicline, did not even ask me if it was a import or not,
and they are the Best insurance i have EVER dealt with
The difference is just that - it's an import. Could argue that the RHD's are imports too I guess. Some, or most of UK insurers will treat a LHD differently, but as you say Classicline clearly not as that may be their specialty. I guess they wouldn't have asked as it was an import being a lefty, so it's obvious.

Insurance for playing taxi is a new one on me - had no idea that was a thing :shrug:

FWIW my insurers (admiral) charged just an admin fee of £20 to cover my springs & spacers, I didn't mention the grilles. There seemed to be a "limit" of 50mm on the springs, what happens if you go over that I don't know but they asked how much the springs dropped the car by. They have my spacers down as "non standard wheels", despite my best efforts trying to explain I'm not doing anything to the wheels :lol:
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
FYI Classicline refused me insurance on 'New Classic' 'Future Classic' 'American car' etc.

I'm currently doing my insurance runs, if it helps anyone, I did a bit of hunting, and AXA claim that 'insurance rises' occur during the following months:

"Seasonal increase on own vehicles 30% of sum insured during
February, March, August and
September"

So i'm running a few quotes now, and will check again when April starts... Insurance is a game of not just who you speak to, but when, what time, etc... I'll run a few quotes just before April starts to see if there's any 'End of month' sales they wanna get in to bump figures.

Fuck you insurance. Fuck you.

(P.S open up your own 'motor trade' business - £12 on CH, and list the car as insured under a motor trade insurance, as part of the business, bit cheaper i'm told, but haven't tested this theory)

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
The difference is just that - it's an import. Could argue that the RHD's are imports too I guess. Some, or most of UK insurers will treat a LHD differently, but as you say Classicline clearly not as that may be their specialty. I guess they wouldn't have asked as it was an import being a lefty, so it's obvious.

Insurance for playing taxi is a new one on me - had no idea that was a thing :shrug:

FWIW my insurers (admiral) charged just an admin fee of £20 to cover my springs & spacers, I didn't mention the grilles. There seemed to be a "limit" of 50mm on the springs, what happens if you go over that I don't know but they asked how much the springs dropped the car by. They have my spacers down as "non standard wheels", despite my best efforts trying to explain I'm not doing anything to the wheels :lol:
But Kristian why is it obvious?
I know at least 5 people who had S197's who now have RHD S550s as they now sell the car over here and Classicline are happy to insure these cars, how would they know?
Yes it's illegal to be classed as a Taxi, and going to a Prom or a Airport is classed as a Taxi. And if caught would void your insurance. The Prom one has been going on for years, a mate of mine has asked me to take his son to his prom next year, that's fine i have known this person for 20 years and work with him, but you need to be so careful as the Police often wait and stop you as you drive away. So I shall be getting signed letter from my mate stating I know him

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I know at least 5 people who had S197's who now have RHD S550s as they now sell the car over here and Classicline are happy to insure these cars, how would they know?
Yes it's illegal to be classed as a Taxi, and going to a Prom or a Airport is classed as a Taxi. And if caught would void your insurance. The Prom one has been going on for years, a mate of mine has asked me to take his son to his prom next year, that's fine i have known this person for 20 years and work with him, but you need to be so careful as the Police often wait and stop you as you drive away. So I shall be getting signed letter from my mate stating I know him

Weren't with me (S550)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I mean that because it's a lefty, it's therefore an import. They may not have asked you if it's an import but stating that it's LHD would have told them that. Unless of course that is irrelevant to classicline? It may well be. Any insurers I have spoken to in the past ask the RHD question.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Surely the 'taxi clause' is the "not for hire or reward" exclusion on your insurance. If you take your son to school and give his buddy a lift you don't have to tell your insurer. Same for a prom, unless you've never met them, in which case there could be some explaining to do if you are stopped. Still not breaching your insurance unless it is for 'hire or reward'.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Surely the 'taxi clause' is the "not for hire or reward" exclusion on your insurance. If you take your son to school and give his buddy a lift you don't have to tell your insurer. Same for a prom, unless you've never met them, in which case there could be some explaining to do if you are stopped. Still not breaching your insurance unless it is for 'hire or reward'.
And even if it is for hire or reward, how they gonna prove the person paid you? :p

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
And that's why your insurance company doesn't like you :lol:

It's awkward if you kill or maim them in transit.
Insurance company? None of them like me because of my age... Ageist wankers... I'm a way more competant driver than my late grandad who was getting insured for <£100 a year on a C-Max and he had one working leg... The car was a manual... Absolute farse. :frusty:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Insurance company? None of them like me because of my age... Ageist wankers... I'm a way more competant driver than my late grandad who was getting insured for <£100 a year on a C-Max and he had one working leg... The car was a manual... Absolute farse. :frusty:
As a Fully qualified ex H&S officer.....it is a proven fact that young people, and men in particular, are known to take risks, show poor judgment and show off to impress the opposite (in some cases the same) sex:lol::lol::lol:

Live with it:D

We had to do separate risk assessments for young workers which took into account that they were more likely to take risks and they lacked experience.:)

Tyregate bears this out:lol::lol:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
As a Fully qualified ex H&S officer.....it is a proven fact that young people, and men in particular, are known to take risks, show poor judgment and show off to impress the opposite (in some cases the same) sex:lol::lol::lol:

Live with it:D

We had to do separate risk assessments for young workers which took into account that they were more likely to take risks and they lacked experience.:)

Tyregate bears this out:lol::lol:
Not everyone is the same though. Can name plenty of older people who take way more risks, show off etc. :shrug:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but we get away with it. Therefore, cheaper insurance. :D
Bastards lol ;)! I should just respray the car Old Man Magnetic for cheaper insurance :(!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Bastards lol ;)! I should just respray the car Old Man Magnetic for cheaper insurance :(!
Mine is race red, vert, V8, auto. £234 renewal inc no claims protection, stripes and exhaust, 10k miles. I am of course old.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is race red, vert, V8, auto. £234 renewal inc no claims protection, stripes and exhaust, 10k miles. I am of course old.
Which is why you get away with it... I'm not getting anywhere near year 1 quotes (Year 1, 1 year NCD, 2 years full driving, £800 and £0 voluntary excess.... Now having to put £500 voluntary to get £900!)
Sponsored