Sponsored

NSW Mustang number Plates

Mr_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0L
Was wondering how you NSW guys got your US plates fitted?
Ive been told by the dealership when the car arrives, pay for the car, then go to the RTA and pick up the plates and bring them back to be fitted...is that how you guys went about it??
Thanks
Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Ive been told by the dealership when the car arrives, pay for the car, then go to the RTA and pick up the plates and bring them back to be fitted...is that how you guys went about it??
Thanks
I ordered custom plates (not the Mustang ones) and put them on hold at the RMS, then organised for my dealer to pick them up pre-delivery.

That order doesn't make sense, it means the dealership will register the car with random plates (and charge you), then you will go to the RMS where you will have to exchange the plates that were just put on the car :crazy:.

The RMS will not give you your mustang plates unless you have plates to exchange, BUT the dealership can collect your plates and register them to the car, which is the logical solution.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
If your plates are being held at the Service NSW centre closest to the dealer, then they are just being lazy.

As long as they have your "on hold" or collection document, there's no reason that they can't do it themselves as part of the service.

As far as allowing them to attach the plates to your new car, that's another matter entirely.

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
If your plates are being held at the Service NSW centre closest to the dealer, then they are just being lazy.

As long as they have your "on hold" or collection document, there's no reason that they can't do it themselves as part of the service.

As far as allowing them to attach the plates to your new car, that's another matter entirely.
I think my dealer has less of a chance of stuffing up attaching plates then me...but I wouldn't be surprised

OP
OP

Mr_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0L
I ordered custom plates (not the Mustang ones) and put them on hold at the RMS, then organised for my dealer to pick them up pre-delivery.

That order doesn't make sense, it means the dealership will register the car with random plates (and charge you), then you will go to the RMS where you will have to exchange the plates that were just put on the car :crazy:.

The RMS will not give you your mustang plates unless you have plates to exchange, BUT the dealership can collect your plates and register them to the car, which is the logical solution.
This is what i was thinking, but the dealer told me" we don't have a guy that does that anymore ".
Next time I buy a new car, especially one I will be waiting nearly a year for , I sure as hell will be buying from the closest dealership to home. This dealer is nearly an hour away, recommended highly on forums. They are all the same. I've received one call all this time only because he called me back. Very poor.

Sponsored

BrizSuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 Mustang GT
I think my dealer has less of a chance of stuffing up attaching plates then me...but I wouldn't be surprised

I'll let the dealer do yours first, then they can do mine if they get yours right!! :lol:

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
That is just poor customer service then :(

I think most of us experienced the same with regards to call backs haha

KS50GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Coupe
Seriously? This is why you pay the dealer 'pre-delivery' on your invoice.
Plain lazy. Any dealer that says they have no admin staff for RMS visits is yanking your chain. Brad Garlicks in Ryde told me how to transfer it to their nearest rms so that they could pick it up for me.

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
I'll be transferring mine when the time comes so my dealer can Pick them up, they're on hold at the local RMS, dealer is an hour away

Newbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB Grabber Blue Manual
My dealer was more than happy to pick them up from the RMS, I would go back to them and have a word about it. By the way what number plates is everyone getting mine will be GT 50 LI in blue with a white background.

Sponsored

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
My dealer was more than happy to pick them up from the RMS, I would go back to them and have a word about it. By the way what number plates is everyone getting mine will be GT 50 LI in blue with a white background.
Got 'MZSTNG' in the USA styled mustang plates

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks
Ironically, I ordered mine today from the York St, Sydney, Service NSW store/centre and having them sent to the Penrith Service NSW centre for my dealer to collect and fit pre-delivery.

I emailed a copy of the reciept to my dealer, along with a brief signed document authorising the dealer to collect on my behalf.

The Ford dealer will collect and fit (via Lakin brackets) the plates and I will pick the car up as delivery.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I am keeping my previously gifted letters and numbers (pressie from the Mrs a few years back) and just trading from my beloved Wests Tigers plates to USA Mustang Black plates.

Decided the sport plates would be a bit tacky on such a beast - given how terrible we are playing right now (had to get that bit in before you mongrels do!)

OP
OP

Mr_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0L
Seriously? This is why you pay the dealer 'pre-delivery' on your invoice.
Plain lazy. Any dealer that says they have no admin staff for RMS visits is yanking your chain. Brad Garlicks in Ryde told me how to transfer it to their nearest rms so that they could pick it up for me.
Exactly what they said when I gave them another call.." no staff to go to RMS". Asked them isn't that part of the 3grand pre-delivery you are charging me? and he just spun some crap.
Sponsored