Sponsored

supercharger Route

activeuk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Hi guys at the min the car is still standard.
if the 2018 is out of my price range i want to go the supercharger Route with my GT. i want to do one or 2 mods at a time working up to the supercharger any ideas what would be the best thing's to add in order
Sponsored

OP
OP

activeuk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
:) will be the last car i buy mate but also like a say 1 mod at a time working up to the supercharger had a price of £9000 fitted for the ROUSH

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Take the time to have a read through [MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] build thread(s) and videos, I believe he's close to having all the mods you'd really want pre supercharger.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
9k fitted for the Roush sounds about right.

You might also want to speak to DreamScience in Hull, as they are working with Hellion to bring the TwinTurbo kits to the UK. 750ish on stock internals, or a lot more if you start turning the boost up.

The last price they mentioned to me suggested it might be quite a lot cheaper than 9k, too.

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Must admit I thinking the same, do I go for the 18 or do I make this one a bit special and fit a supercharger along with some other bits :confused:

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
We're doing another Whipple Supercharger Stage 1 (645bhp) install for a customer at the moment. He is also going for Pedders suspension at the same time. The cost of the Whipple is just under the Roush price you quote.

You don't have to do anything before you go for a supercharger but I'd strongly recommend sorting out the handling first. Headers aren't a necessity but will help if you plan on going for really big power.

I do approve of your approach of doing incremental modifications - that way you can feel the effects of each change before you make the next one.

We have some experience with superchargers (all the Ford GTs we look after have them as standard too) so by all means give us a call for a chat before you commit to anything.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
and when running S/C you probably want to upgrade things like the OPG and Some pulley's ask [MENTION=20104]666mac[/MENTION] it does all depend what S/C you go for.

"Pre" S/C mods, probably brakes, Lighter wheels, LT headers, Suspension goodies (Speak to [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]) and whatever styling goodies you like. I think with the S/C you also need to upgrade sprayers and other internals? but happy to be corrected

As for the Twin Turbo Helion Kit, same with the S/C you need to upgrade engine internals, I think 750 on T-T is the twin 55's? But depending on which kit the Helion can pull c1k RWHP (Depending on engine internals and turbo size etc).

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
For Supercharger installs we recommend a minimum of:
Steeda Mustang "Stop the Hop" pack
Steeda HD Adjustable Engine Mounts

But a lot of our supercharged customers have gone a lot further down the suspension upgrades route. The good news is you can do all the suspension stuff first and reap the benefits even before adding the charger at a later date. Just get in touch if you need some advice.

Sponsored

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
:) will be the last car i buy mate but also like a say 1 mod at a time working up to the supercharger had a price of £9000 fitted for the ROUSH
If you are definitely going Supercharger then unless you have money to burn spending for example £2700 on headers in advance may not be necessary for your requirements as it is pretty quick without,so personally I would wait on power adders until you try the supercharger.BUT whether you go whipple or roush ,go straight for stage 2 ,I did not and I wasted an extra £1000 upgrading afterwards.
Also try not to be blinded by some of the power levels that are often quoted,there is a fair amount of supplier "wishfull quoting "out there.

Handling wise I added cradle lockout only which it did need after the Whipple went on .

EDIT: I forgot the important OPG /Crank gear As Gibbo205 mentions below,I had it done at the same time as the whipple install and it is a must but you can wait for that ,cost an extra £1000-1200 I think to have fitted inc parts

Last edited:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
OPG & CRANK SPROCKET!!!

About $500-$800 in parts but far cheaper than 10k bill for an engine replacement/repair!

So many of the US guys thought OPG was not required and some found out the hard way.

If you really must live life on the edge then keep it under 650HP crank and keep out of the limiter, but still even OPG's have fractured at this power level.

So again:

OPG & CRANK SPROCKET!!!

djone101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
None
Vehicle(s)
None
Without wanting to open a large can of worms - the OPG and crank damper debate has been rumbling on for a long time. There are numerous threads on US forums and as many saying do it as saying don't bother.

There is no right answer - of course improved parts are a good insurance policy but they are only that.

I know from speaking to Whipple they have shipped over 4000 kits for S550 Mustang now. I'm certain that not all have upgraded oil pump gears. If it was an essential mod Whipple would include it in the kit.

So I'm not saying do it or don't do it - but do your own research and make your own decision.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Without wanting to open a large can of worms - the OPG and crank damper debate has been rumbling on for a long time. There are numerous threads on US forums and as many saying do it as saying don't bother.

There is no right answer - of course improved parts are a good insurance policy but they are only that.

I know from speaking to Whipple they have shipped over 4000 kits for S550 Mustang now. I'm certain that not all have upgraded oil pump gears. If it was an essential mod Whipple would include it in the kit.

So I'm not saying do it or don't do it - but do your own research and make your own decision.

So many members of this very forum have broken the OPG resulting in fatal loss of the engine running Whipples and other blowers.

The stock OPG is very brittle, take it out then drop it on the floor for proof of that and the extra harmonics from a blower or hitting the limiter frequently is what shatters them.

A blower is 6-10k depending on options, the OPG upgrade with labour is around 1K so it really is good insurance to do the modification.

If I was super charging or add a turbo, OPG would be an absolute must, I'd not want to be one of those owners here posting a few months later my OPG failed and my engine was toast and the bill to put right cost over £10,000, where spending £1000 more could of prevented it all.

It is good insurance!

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
So many members of this very forum have broken the OPG resulting in fatal loss of the engine running Whipples and other blowers.

The stock OPG is very brittle, take it out then drop it on the floor for proof of that and the extra harmonics from a blower or hitting the limiter frequently is what shatters them.

A blower is 6-10k depending on options, the OPG upgrade with labour is around 1K so it really is good insurance to do the modification.

If I was super charging or add a turbo, OPG would be an absolute must, I'd not want to be one of those owners here posting a few months later my OPG failed and my engine was toast and the bill to put right cost over £10,000, where spending £1000 more could of prevented it all.

It is good insurance!
I tend to agree,it is insurance only ,no guarantee it would ever be needed.I was about to buy the Whipple just as Roh92cp on the US FI section lost his opg / engine so it scared me into spending the extra £1000 -1200,equally there is nothing saying the rest of the engine won't let go unexpectedly.Wish we could get supercharger/engine warranties here like the US,it is the same bleedin' car afterall

Come on GT 101 be the first to have an engine warranty on offer,he who does this will reap the rewards I reckon.
Sponsored