Guess how long a 10k service takes....

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Ford can write whatever they want in their T&Cs, but it doesnt mean it supersedes UK and EU consumer law.

As long as the car is serviced with OEM parts at a VAT registered garage (and receipts are kept to prove OEM part usage), they cannot invalidate warranty on the basis of the car being serviced outside of the Ford network.
But what Steve meant was that the Ford Service plan is only honoured at Ford dealers. Nothing to do with the warranty which is a separate issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had my Mustang 10K service last August at Think Ford Guildford. I arrived on time for 8am estimated 2 hours and according to my timeline departed at 10:06. No complaints
Shame I didn't book it in last August then! :doh:

:lol:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
But what Steve meant was that the Ford Service plan is only honoured at Ford dealers. Nothing to do with the warranty which is a separate issue.
Yup ;)

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, that's good to know. I guess that sort of makes sense......

Stiggy, I'd ask for my money back, if I were you!

(Ford REALLY need to up their game :( )
Money back for what though mate? They carried out the service (well, I hope they did as my trust levels are zero at this point), so I guess they claim the hours from Ford as part of the plan.

Maybe that's part of the issue - not enough workshop hours dosh in it for them, so other, more lucrative vehicles get priority.

I also accept that this being plate change time that the workshops are very busy with cars also having their 12 month service being done. But that's then simply down to not overbooking.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Ah fair do's.

Yes, service plans will need to be carried out at Ford dealers.

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
My 10k service wasn't to bad, about an hour and a half.....but they still managed to not fit a new puddle light that had supposedly been ordered months before:shrug:mad:

And today 11 months after being informed of said puddle light, and the third 80 mile round trip, they managed to supply the wrong one:clap2:

Rearrange these words to suit. "piss up couldn't brewery they arrange":cheers:

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Probably 30 mins for the service and 2.5 hours to clean all the burnt rubber of the rear quarter panels and wheel arch liner :D

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Mine was 2 1/2 hours a couple of weeks ago, also at Think Ford Guildford. That did include a free fire drill though, but didn't include recall as that was already done. One benefit of fitting an exhaust and waiting while it is serviced is that you hear it go into the workshop, and you hear it come out. No joyriding.

Goes back on Thursday for the puddle light change. Not optimistic that it will be sorted.

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
So I'm thinking of getting the extended warranty but not the service plan. Instead I'll use Modurstang for the services, although that will meaning having to take a day off each time! Sound okay?

Sponsored
OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I'm thinking of getting the extended warranty but not the service plan. Instead I'll use Modurstang for the services, although that will meaning having to take a day off each time! Sound okay?
Should be fine. As long as it's services with genuine Ford parts (it will be) and you have invoices to prove it's been done according to schedule, no worries :)

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Ah, that's good to know. I guess that sort of makes sense......

Stiggy, I'd ask for my money back, if I were you!

(Ford REALLY need to up their game :( )
its funny been phoning around about alignment and Ford are the cheapest around £90.00, but they want the car for 4 hours and the job will maybe take 90minutes. :frusty:
Other places job around 45mins but can be done while you wait, just drive up. but is around £40 dearer.
Now do i hand my car over to Trustford for FOUR hours, like @@@@ I do

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
It's not just Ford, BMW are like this. I now never ask to stay with the car as know it can usually take longer than they say and just leave it with them for the day or until they call. Although i realise this is not practical for everybody

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
its funny been phoning around about alignment and Ford are the cheapest around £90.00, but they want the car for 4 hours and the job will maybe take 90minutes. :frusty:
Other places job around 45mins but can be done while you wait, just drive up. but is around £40 dearer.
Now do i hand my car over to Trustford for FOUR hours, like @@@@ I do
I paid around that for an Alignment, as it's RWD needs a 4 corner alignment which is apparently harder and times more expensive, time wise, no more than a hour it took mine to be done :lol:

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not just Ford, BMW are like this. I now never ask to stay with the car as know it can usually take longer than they say and just leave it with them for the day or until they call. Although i realise this is not practical for everybody
Had the dealer been local, I would have left it with them (probably). But as I said, the Reading setup isn't quite at full speed yet. Apparently they can do servicing, but not warranty work.
Sponsored