Sponsored

Guess how long a 10k service takes....

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
As some may know from an earlier thread, had my car booked in at (the highly recommended) Think Guildford for its first 10k service (having covered an actual 1100 miles with an oil change at 500).

Go on, guess...

:frusty:
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
As some may know from an earlier thread, had my car booked in at (the highly recommended) Think Guildford for its first 10k service (having covered an actual 1100 miles with an oil change at 500).

Go on, guess...

:frusty:
Hmm knowing Ford it could be anywhere between 5 minutes & 5 hours...

My guess is 2.5 hours (inc the oil change).

:ford:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
about 6 hours as they want the car in the morning but don't even bother looking at it (apart from a quick joyride) until the afternoon last thing then ring you at 4:50 to tell you its ready but we close in 10 minutes

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
About 45m-1h. Oil change plus a few other bits n bobs.

Sponsored

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was booked in on the basis of a 'while you wait' service. So I did.

As Centurion said, I'd antipated an hour with some faffing about. 10mins on the ramp and cooldown. 20mins oil & filter change (call it 30 to be generous). 10mins visual inspections. 5mins drinking tea, 5mins filling paperwork etc.

Oh I wish....

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
...well...?

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 hours!!!!

And this was despite me turning up 20mins early for the booking too, being the considerate chap that I am.

Having serviced my own vehciles for years, it took a lot for me to bite to finally bullet and get a main dealer to do it (you can thank warranty for that), but in the hope that things would be different.

But they're not. Complete shambles and this is supposed to be the 'best' dealer in the area!?!?!?! I'm even guessing they did it in the last 30mins when I started to really lose the plot (having chased it up and been told 'about 20 minutes sir' - this being about 2 and a quarter hours into the wait and the 20 minutes became 45!).

I would say 'never again', but I'm stuck with a 3 year service plan now.

If Ford want to maintain/improve their workshop hours then SORT YOURSELVES OUT FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!

Perhaps I should bill for the time of mine they wasted as a result? Yeah - fat chance.

Service manager apologetic and promised to 'sort me out' whatever that means given that no discount could be given as it was service plan and the offer to 'fill the tank' was a bit pointless as I'd brimmed it about 5 miles away on the way to the dealership.

So after a litany of cockups with the original order, through the woefull supplying dealer (since bust) and now into the ownership - the Ford 'experience' keeps on giving it seems.....

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm pretty sure, as long as you use a VAT registered place and use Ford approved parts, you can have it serviced anywhere and still maintain your warranty.

You'd be able to drive to Modurstang, have them carry out the service, drive home and it'd STILL take less time than it took you today.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I'm pretty sure, as long as you use a VAT registered place and use Ford approved parts, you can have it serviced anywhere and still maintain your warranty.

You'd be able to drive to Modurstang, have them carry out the service, drive home and it'd STILL take less time than it took you today.
For warranty that's correct but with the service plan it needs to be Ford. Was looking at this today. Ts & Cs say "It is a condition of Ford Protect that your vehicle is serviced by a Ford Authorised Repairer"

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
For warranty that's correct but with the service plan it needs to be Ford. Was looking at this today. Ts & Cs say "It is a condition of Ford Protect that your vehicle is serviced by a Ford Authorised Repairer"
Ford can write whatever they want in their T&Cs, but it doesnt mean it supersedes UK and EU consumer law.

As long as the car is serviced with OEM parts at a VAT registered garage (and receipts are kept to prove OEM part usage), they cannot invalidate warranty on the basis of the car being serviced outside of the Ford network.

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
I had my Mustang 10K service last August at Think Ford Guildford. I arrived on time for 8am estimated 2 hours and according to my timeline departed at 10:06. No complaints

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I know Paul, but as I also have the extended warranty I wanted as little wriggle room as possible in case of any issues. So the Ford stamp in the service history (or rather, the digital history) seemed worth it.

It's just galling when you go to a dealer who's supposed to be one of the best and they're still crap. Everyone has their off days of course, but no excuse for that sort of delay given the work involved. Whilst I was there I overheard 6 hours to remove the cylinder head on a Fiesta. I could have more of the car strippped and on the bench in that time!!

I should mention that I also 'had' to take it there (or at least a Ford Store) as I had a coiuple of recall letter for the loom wiring. Not that the car needed it, but you have to take it to a Ford Store who is approved for warranty work (and Think Reading isn't accredited yet in this regard as it's too new).

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Ah, that's good to know. I guess that sort of makes sense......

Stiggy, I'd ask for my money back, if I were you!

(Ford REALLY need to up their game :( )
Sponsored