Sponsored

Extra Security

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
My mustang has a locked stable with bolts, ram posts and cameras. A bit over the top I know :crazy: :D

So the question is what do you recommend as extra security when my pony has to be tethered in a public place? :shrug:
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
There's nothing safer than parking in between two other Mustangs...

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I have a GPS/GSM tracker on mine, which can remotely disable the car and track it live.

Sponsored

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
In the good old days I used to take the distributor rotor arm with me,maybe trip the fuel cutoff must have one somewhere in the engine bay,bit drastic I know.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Electric bollard, double locking garage, CCTV, Sword, Knife and I'm hench as fk so i'll beat them up... Also gated property.

OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Electric bollard, double locking garage, CCTV, Sword, Knife and I'm hench as fk so i'll beat them up... Also gated property.

Apart from your hefty frame and pro-boxing skillz you can't take any of that shit with you to a public parking place :D

OP
OP

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
In the good old days I used to take the distributor rotor arm with me,maybe trip the fuel cutoff must have one somewhere in the engine bay,bit drastic I know.
Always did this with my Capri but only so that I could get home otherwise had to nick my mates (same key worked in both) :lol:

Never used additional security I just wondered what was out there and whether it was worth bothering with it :shrug:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Apart from your hefty frame and pro-boxing skillz you can't take any of that shit with you to a public parking place :D
Have you seen my parking? they're more likely to hit 20 cars leaving the car park than bother with it....

I just leave my phone in there, then I use find my phone... best tracker ever ;)!

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
When I took delivery I was really worried about this and especially someone breaking into the house and stealing the keys. I have theft insurance and gap insurance so I would expect to be put back in an as new situation if it happened.

After over 1 year of ownership there has not been any incident and I'm much more relaxed. Additionally I'm not aware of any UK 2015 Mustang theft.

One tip I would give is due to the keyless stop/start and to be careful not to exit the car while the engine is running as any opportune thief would be able to take and drive an indefinite time and distance as long as the engine didn't stop.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Old Man Magnetic or Dog Dick Red will ensure no-one ever wants it.

If, however, you purchased a car in a proper colour then the likelihood of someone nicking it is extremely low anyway.

Thieves nick cars for 2 reasons; to use in other crimes or for joyriding.

A Mustang stands out FAR too much for the first and there are, for a joyrider, better cars out there to thrash the fuck out of for an hour or so whilst being chased by the police.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Old Man Magnetic or Dog Dick Red will ensure no-one ever wants it.

If, however, you purchased a car in a proper colour then the likelihood of someone nicking it is extremely low anyway.

Thieves nick cars for 2 reasons; to use in other crimes or for joyriding.

A Mustang stands out FAR too much for the first and there are, for a joyrider, better cars out there to thrash the fuck out of for an hour or so whilst being chased by the police.
However, if you got a car and put rally car stickers all over it they know it's the perfect car for a joy ride through the forest pinging off tree's and mud banks etc :thumbsup::lol:
Sponsored