Sponsored

Dynomax mini bullets too loud, any cheap resonators?

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
What if I did the magnaflow resonated x pipe the 11386 instead of adding the 16 inch bullet mufflers after the h pipe to quiet it down. Or would that alone not be enough?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What if I did the magnaflow resonated x pipe the 11386 instead of adding the 16 inch bullet mufflers after the h pipe to quiet it down. Or would that alone not be enough?
I'm not exactly sure what that would sound like if you kept the H. If replacing the H it would be a good choice and would quiet it down a lot.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I got the magnaflow x it would be in place of the h, but I was asking if that by itself without adding the full length bullets too if it would quiet it down a lot . Or would I get the same effect keeping the h and jus touting the full length bullets after

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If I got the magnaflow x it would be in place of the h, but I was asking if that by itself without adding the full length bullets too if it would quiet it down a lot . Or would I get the same effect keeping the h and jus touting the full length bullets after
Yes it by itself would quiet it down a lot. It would be just a little louder than if you put the stock resonator back in with your current axleback/mufflers.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder what would have a better sound, the h with the bullets after and then the mini bullets or the magnaflow resonated x with just the mini bullets at the back

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it by itself would quiet it down a lot. It would be just a little louder than if you put the stock resonator back in with your current axleback/mufflers.
Would you think that would quiet it down more then with just the bullets after the h ?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Would you think that would quiet it down more then with just the bullets after the h ?
About the same. The resonated X-pipe will have a slightly higher and cleaner pitch than the H and bullets, which will be deeper and coarser. You'll also notice a small improvement in top end pull with the X-pipe because of the improvement in scavenging. It's not much, but it's there.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great info thank you

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I just used some bullets after the h hope it will pretty much keep the same tone but just lovers the columns right? The harshness will remain unless I used the magnaflow 11386?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If I just used some bullets after the h hope it will pretty much keep the same tone but just lovers the columns right? The harshness will remain unless I used the magnaflow 11386?
Yes if you used the bullets it'll keep basically the same tone, but will lower the volume and get rid of rasp. If you go with the resonated X-pipe (11386) it'll have a little different tone but similar volume and no rasp. The X will be a little higher pitched and smoother, the H deeper but coarser.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found a set of 18 inch bullets to put on but they are 3 inch should I bother since I can get them for dirt cheap or get a set of 2.5" since I'm trying to quiet it down. Wasn't sure if I'd be messing anything up putting the 3 inch ones on after the h pipe to quiet it down

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Found a set of 18 inch bullets to put on but they are 3 inch should I bother since I can get them for dirt cheap or get a set of 2.5" since I'm trying to quiet it down. Wasn't sure if I'd be messing anything up putting the 3 inch ones on after the h pipe to quiet it down
I wouldn't do that as it'll be harder/more expensive to install as they'll have to add reducers to meet up with the stock piping. Get 2.5" ones or the resonated X-pipe.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have some 3 to 2.5 reducers laying around I was just asking if it wouldn't quiet it as much being 3 inch

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have some 3 to 2.5 reducers laying around I was just asking if it wouldn't quiet it as much being 3 inch
It'll be similar. 3" piping all the way through tends to be a bit louder and deeper, but only that small section wouldn't make much difference.

OP
OP

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks
Sponsored