Oil Change message

browny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT
Oil Change message has been coming up on the dash for a couple of weeks. Booked into Ford this morning and Ford HQ are apparently telling the dealership that an oil change/filter is required and it is chargeable to me !! According to them it's caused by my driving style and isn't covered under warranty haha !! :paddle: The dealership has done the job but one thing is for sure... there won't be any money leaving my pocket !!
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Oil Change message has been coming up on the dash for a couple of weeks. Booked into Ford this morning and Ford HQ are apparently telling the dealership that an oil change/filter is required and it is chargeable to me !! According to them it's caused by my driving style and isn't covered under warranty haha !! :paddle: The dealership has done the job but one thing is for sure... there won't be any money leaving my pocket !!
IIRC this message is based on the build date of the car, so approx 1 year from that date or when you approach 10k miles. Driving style is no doubt factored in somehow too.

Mine popped up just after 9k miles & I think almost a year after build date.

Warning can be reset in the menu then it's up to you if you want to change the oil now or wait a bit...

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
Had this 2 weeks ago and checked oil which was a bit low. Topped up only then reset the warning.

Only had car 6 months and 4.5k miles so it does tie in with the build date.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mine on sub 20%, service booked today. Running around right, it's basically a 1 year timer. Dealers should reset it when they do PDI etc.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Oil is cheap. Crate engines are not

I plan on keeping my car for life so ill be doing my own oil changes in between what the service intervals recommend. its the easiest way of prolonging engine life. Shell Helix for the win!

Out of curiosity how much do ford charge?

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Oil is cheap. Crate engines are not

I plan on keeping my car for life so ill be doing my own oil changes in between what the service intervals recommend. its the easiest way of prolonging engine life. Shell Helix for the win!

Out of curiosity how much do ford charge?
£590 for a 3 year service. Some dealerships will charge upwards of this, but the £590 covers EB and GT for first 3 services and MOT on the 3rd.

Lots of reports coming in now from people doing services ranging from 160-240 per service, some are outside of that....

Major service I was told could cost £300... So it seemed pointless me not getting the plan in terms of saving money :).

OP
OP
browny

browny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT
Well well well... Ford do surprise you sometimes !! Picked the car up... oil/filter change done, no charge, although Ford HQ tried digging their heels in. Plus... the local dealership also gave me a Ford Mustang presentation box !! (I was told by my own dealer on collection last Sept there was no keyring... nothing). Nice touch... well pleased :)
IMG_0055.jpg

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well well well... Ford do surprise you sometimes !! Picked the car up... oil/filter change done, no charge, although Ford HQ tried digging their heels in. Plus... the local dealership also gave me a Ford Mustang presentation box !! (I was told by my own dealer on collection last Sept there was no keyring... nothing). Nice touch... well pleased :)
Ooh what's in it???

OP
OP
browny

browny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT
Ooh what's in it???
Just a Mustang keyring/trolley coin and a Mustang coaster. Nothing of great value but a nice touch nevertheless.

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
£590 for a 3 year service. Some dealerships will charge upwards of this, but the £590 covers EB and GT for first 3 services and MOT on the 3rd.
As far as I know not MOT unless you have a local deal with your dealer. I'm interested if you have any documentation that shows an MOT is included.

Depending on mileage the 3rd service may not be at 3 years.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know not MOT unless you have a local deal with your dealer. I'm interested if you have any documentation that shows an MOT is included.

Depending on mileage the 3rd service may not be at 3 years.
My mileage will be at 3rd year ;)! It's whatever comes first, but in my case, highly likely it'll be on year 3. As for MOT, pretty sure it's on there, did ask dealer today and he said it comes with it.... Will see on year 3, end of the day it's like £30 to get an MOT. :lol:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Mine on sub 20%, service booked today. Running around right, it's basically a 1 year timer. Dealers should reset it when they do PDI etc.
mine is 31% service on the 30th with all the mods
car will be 1 year old on the 21st

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
mines on 21% after 2400 ish miles and 6 months :( me thinks the dealer never reset it when i picked it up even though I told them to make sure it was done.

Either way will wait till light comes on then shout at them for fixing it.
Sponsored