Aftermarket Steering wheels

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Maybe looking at getting a GT350R steering wheel just wondered what others have fitted, that are available and cost .
Mine is a auto if it makes any difference cheers
Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
You can get your wheel re trimmed. There are a few wheels floating around you can borrow to send off. I have always recommended Jack @ Royal steering wheels.
A few people have had theirs done by him. He will do a GT350 replica at around 200 ish.

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
You can get your wheel re trimmed. There are a few wheels floating around you can borrow to send off. I have always recommended Jack @ Royal steering wheels.
A few people have had theirs done by him. He will do a GT350 replica at around 200 ish.

He is currently doing mine due for fitting in two weeks. Snorty was kind enough to offer his spare up for Jack to work on it, following which after the swap my original becomes his. Seems to make sense to get a GT replica for ÂŁ200 with your own colour of stitching, top band and material.

Sponsored

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Good Morning!

Modifying your S550 from the stock steering wheel to that of the GT350 steering wheel offered by Ford Performance the is not difficult at all.

I was able that do the swap in about an hour utilizing simple hand tools. Refer to CJ Pony Parts installation of the steering wheel for reference.

I am very happy with the installation, and there is not any compatibility issues in this upgrade if you have an automatic or manual transmission.

I am not regretting my purchase, and it is well worth the cost in comparison to other aftermarket solutions out there.

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
what do you think of it?
love it actually prefer it to the 350 one the felt/soft stuff don't know what it is actually feels so nice and it seems to have better weighting than the standard one also much chunkier etc so suits my big spade hands.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I got someone (@Gibbo205) to give me their spare wheel, and then sent mine to Jack @ Royal Steering wheels. The chap is a wizard and will do any wheel to any spec you want, I had thumb grips added, the bottom flattened, perforated leather on the sides and smooth leather on the top, and specifically asked for Nappa leather. Feels incredible. Had red stitching and a red centre marker.

I'd have got a 350R wheel to go with my car, however I didn't feel comfortable retrimming loads of pieces of the car in alcantara to match, so leather was the best way to go.

If I was to ever get my wheel retrimmed again, it's always going to jack, the craftsmanship is second to none, I can't say I've seen other wheels, but from googling retrimmed steering wheels the fit and finish looks OEM.

If there's something specific you want it's worth hitting him up, and asking around here if anyone had a spare wheel you can borrow whilst yours gets sent it.

FYI, t20 Torx bit, 24mm Socket and a flat head screw driver and a long allan key or something to poke with is all you need for the installation, it's a piece of cake, I'd recommend when swapping buttons and hardware from one wheel to the other that you place the bolts down in the bolt pattern they came out like (It's silver, black, black, black on each side with a hidden black screw under the left and right silver bezels, however some screws are of differing sizes).
Install is easy, remove battery terminal cables ( I removed the clamps), wait a few minutes so any residual power is gone, poke through the holes either side to pop out the air bag, unplug it, remove the 24mm bolt, swap hardware on the wheel over and then bolt, wires and you're good to go :).

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Hi what did it cost you to get to UK All in

don't really know I'm afraid as I ordered a load of other bits at the same time so it was all bundled together.

I used lmr's free delivery to the stackry address then used stackry to get it all shipped to me. Think all in the parts came to about 600 quid but that was more than just the wheel.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
As a rough guesstimate add about 20-25% to the price (incl the shipping costs) to find your import charges.

Depending on shipping price (ive guesstimated $50), you should be looking at about 350-375GBP all-in delivered in the UK. If the shipping is more, add more.

Royal steering wheels will do a nice custom job for about 200GBP, so you'd have to really really want the LMR stuff to pay almost double.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Expect a shipping charge of around 20-30 bucks, add then the cost of the wheel, then add 24% ontop of this for customs and handling chargers, will give you around the price of it all, however that's ignoring that stackry you can price the item for say 100 dollars rather than it's RRP for less tax :).

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I got someone (@Gibbo205) to give me their spare wheel, and then sent mine to Jack @ Royal Steering wheels. The chap is a wizard and will do any wheel to any spec you want, I had thumb grips added, the bottom flattened, perforated leather on the sides and smooth leather on the top, and specifically asked for Nappa leather. Feels incredible. Had red stitching and a red centre marker.
You don't happen to have any pictures, do you?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You don't happen to have any pictures, do you?
Pictures, of course I have pictures, wouldn't be a good Mustang owner if I didn't have pictures ;)! (Just didnt post as was on work pc)

Sponsored