Status
Not open for further replies.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
For anyone interested here is my SF header dyno sheet:)..

Mods are headers, 200cell cats, Roush CAI, velossa bigmouth and Lund tune...

Power before the mods was 306kw....

260kw seems awfully low for full exhaust and cai, is the fuel that bad up there?
Sponsored

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback

Andy, how does the car feel now subjectively?

Is it noticeably quicker? Low RPM vs mid and high RPM?

How is it in everyday driving etc.?

Thanks,

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Either your Dyno is a ball breaker or something isn't quite right. We used a full-on calculator (VERY accurate) to establish that I'm a little over 270kw at the tyres. That's Lund tune and headers ONLY. No CAI, no bigmouth, no other tricks.
We know the formulas work, because it lines up with dyno results time and time again.
Fuel quality?

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I think stock these GTs are putting anywhere between 225kw and 235kw at the wheels (autos towards the lower end of the range, manuals at the upper end of that range).
Without getting caught up in all the variables, let's call it 230rwkw average.
That's based on all the videos and reviews I've seen from different performance shops in Aus.

I've had SF exhaust & headers and cats and cai installed, and before the tune was loaded, my auto made mid-250s at the wheels.
Didn't do a stock dyno run, but if I adopt 'average' then call it 10% improvement from just the hardware.
Tune gave another 10% improvement to get it to around 280kw at the wheels.

The Pony now sounds angrier, pulls harder from lower rpm, revs up much quicker (curtesy of headers and cats) and is a much nicer beast to drive.
It just feels more rapid/responsive and somehow at the same time smoother to drive.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Andy, how does the car feel now subjectively?

Is it noticeably quicker? Low RPM vs mid and high RPM?

How is it in everyday driving etc.?

Thanks,
Hi Micheal, In answer to some of the questions....car feels much quicker especially above 3k rpm.....
up to 3k there is hardly any difference, and laying the before and after graphs on top of each other bears this out.

Road manners are perfect, it's smooth, and linear, but after 3k rpm you can really feel it pull a lot harder than before, then above 4K it puts a smile on my face every time I squeeze the pedal....
It feels on the road that all the gains are in the mid range 3k to 6k which is just where you need them...:)

I'm running Shell V power

Although I've only gained around 40 Bhp at the top end the difference at 5000 rpm is 50 Bhp, but more importantly at 4500rpm torque has jumped from 340ft/lbs to 410ft/lbs, so 70ft/lbs right where you want it..:)

The outright numbers may seem low, but that's just the dyno, my own arse dyno can feel a significant difference especially above 3k....

Here is my before (stock) graph, and as you can see I was only at 244RW KW
Other owners here in the U.K. Have had similar stock figures on this dyno, although mine is the only Auto they've run..

I do think the tune Lund have sent me is pretty conservative, but the car runs so nicely, and feels plenty quick enough, I'm inclined to leave well alone...

I'm old enough and ugly enough to realise that sometimes it's not always about the pub BHP, but how the car feels on the road in the real world, and based on my feelings up to now, the car really hauls in the mid range right up to 7000 rpm so plenty of real usable power, just where it can be used:)

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
In answer to some of the questions....car feels much quicker especially above 3k rpm....

I'm running Shell V power

Although I've only gained around 40 Bhp at the top end the difference at 5000 rpm is 50 Bhp, but more importantly at 4500rpm torque has jumped from 340ft/lbs to 410ft/lbs, so 70ft/lbs right where you want it..:)

The outright numbers may seem low, but that's just the dyno, my own arse dyno can feel a significant difference especially above 3k....

Here is my before (stock) graph, and as you can see I was only at 244RW KW
Other owners here in the U.K. Have had similar stock figures on this dyno, although mine is the only Auto they've run..

I do think the tune Lund have sent me is pretty conservative, but the car runs so nicely, and feels plenty quick enough, I'm inclined to leave well alone...

I'm old enough and ugly enough to realise that sometimes it's not always about the pub BHP, but how the car feels on the road in the real world, and based on my feelings up to now, the car really hauls in the mid range right up to 7000 rpm so plenty of real usable power, just where it can be used:)

Totally agree with all of that. Sounds like ours have yielded similar results. The mid range is DRASTICALLY improved, awesome for everyday stuff.
Given your fuel, I'd be hitting Lund up for a revision. They should be able to find more ignition timing for you. It WONT blow up. Rest assured of that.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Totally agree with all of that. Sounds like ours have yielded similar results. The mid range is DRASTICALLY improved, awesome for everyday stuff.
Given your fuel, I'd be hitting Lund up for a revision. They should be able to find more ignition timing for you. It WONT blow up. Rest assured of that.

Yes I did do a data log, and there's loads of timing left.....I sent it to Lund, and asked for a revised tune, but they said it's good enough, :shrug:

Seems like they're not that arsed, and I can't be bothered to argue the toss..:frusty:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I did do a data log, and there's loads of timing left.....I sent it to Lund, and asked for a revised tune, but they said it's good enough, :shrug:

Seems like they're not that arsed, and I can't be bothered to argue the toss..:frusty:
Push harder! :headbang:

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
With the canned tune on the nGauge, are they able to be revised and retuned later, say for example I want to add a new intake manifold, or for E85? What's the costs? Cheers
Yes

Streetfighter offer a $75 re-calibration service of any nGauge purchased from us.
The calibrations will cover generic type upgrades eg exhaust changes, intake additions etc.
All customised for Australian Mustang, fuels and conditions. You can contact us 9am-4pm daily for all enquiries.

I have posted a dyno graph below of tuning results for both tune only and Streetfighter exhaust and tune.

Standard 5.0 GT Mustang approx 240 rwkw / 306 fwkw

Streetfighter Custom nGauge Tune only expect 265 rwkw / 335 fwkw
Streetfighter Custom nGauge SF Full Exhaust and Tune expect 285 rwkw / 360 fwkw

*all figures are quoted as per results obtained from Streetfighter development dyno

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback
Graph above tells more of the story than just the bare numbers.

So much more area under the full exhaust and tune line than the tune only line.

I want the gas flow of the headers but not the noise that comes with the full exhaust. Don't want limo quiet of course but I'd really like a power / torque line similar to above with approximately stock noise levels.

And it doesn't need to sound 'old school' V8 rumble - would prefer it to sound like it is, a modern quad cam screamer.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

I want the gas flow of the headers but not the noise that comes with the full exhaust. Don't want limo quiet of course but I'd really like a power / torque line similar to above with approximately stock noise levels.

And it doesn't need to sound 'old school' V8 rumble - would prefer it to sound like it is, a modern quad cam screamer.
Just keep the stock exhaust and add headers. According to the Americans, you don't need a 3" twin system all the way through until you're making a LOT more power.

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang

The reason for the full exhaust giving so much extra power/torque is due to our Australian headers being restrictive.
As you will note by the pictures below, the Australian RH header has been modified and reduced in diameter versus the original U.S header.
This is so they they can accommodate the steering column for the RHD vehicles.
Unfortunately this also restricts flow and therefore ultimate power.

To achieve the results as per the graph above would require the headers and cats to be replaced with headers and high flow cats.
Streetfighter can offer headers and cats to suit your standard rear exhaust section so, you can achieve the power you desire , with the close to standard sound levels.

Jimbo9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hi

Does the Street Fighter tune offer the "no lift shift" feature?

Thanks

Jim

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Hi

Thanks

Jim
Hi Jim

Sorry, we do not offer this feature.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi

Thanks

Jim
Jim, you wouldn't want it anyway if you're actually trying to improve times. All you'll do with no-lift is spin the tyres in second and third if the car is doing it right.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.