Sponsored

MY18 order times

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
You and me both! When did you order?

Having a bit of a panic reading this thread. My interpretation of the Ford Service post is that September will be when the US LHD's will roll off the production line, meaning until then Ford will continue to build MY17's

Would be nice to know that orders placed before X would be guaranteed a MY17 build - which is what I want. I'm getting ride of my Ecoboost to upgrade to the V8. MY18's look awesome but I much prefer the 17's.

Will keep checking this thread for news - cheers guys
I ordered July last year. Built 2.2.17 and booked on the Tarago.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MustangScooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Manual, Lightning Blue
Hi James, i commend your move. I probably would do the same thing in your shoes. I have been lucky enough to have enjoyed my S550 GT vert for nearly a year now, due to a deposit laid down in 2014. Will probably hang on for all new S650 in 3 or 4years. That's if the whole RHD S550 experiment doesn't go pear shaped and the S650 goes LHD only. In which case, S550 would become an instant collector.
i wish the wait wasnt so long lol, i would be picking up my 17 in a month or 2 from now if i hadnt changed it

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
Ford would be crazy to stop making the mustang as a world car for the S650. They already have proven that worldwide sales boosts their profit substantially.

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
i wish the wait wasnt so long lol, i would be picking up my 17 in a month or 2 from now if i hadnt changed it
Well if you do change your mind and settle for the 17 they are selling at close to retail now from some dealership showrooms. So I think you are in pretty good shape not to worry about it.

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
So when do you anticipate that the first MY18 will land in Australia as my dealer says you will not see any until the second half of 2018 and you will not know pricing or specs until the end of the year.
I'd say Dec 2017 - Feb -2018. would be a realistic expectation.

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Ford would be crazy to stop making the mustang as a world car for the S650. They already have proven that worldwide sales boosts their profit substantially.
They can always sell cars in LHD markets. RHD s650 will depend on UK/AUS sales moving forward. Once everyone that wants a pony has one, will a lot of them be repeat buyers every 3 or so years? That's what it will take to keep Mustang viable in RHD. The MY18 upgrade might keep things flowing for a while. I could see RHD Mustang sales slowing right down in a couple of years. UK in particular. Mustang isn't ingrained in UK, or even AUS, as it is in the states. More of a novelty, that will fade maybe?

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
Mick makes a good point. I certainly won't be upgrading to a MY18 or even 20 as I can't afford to. Plus I'll be modding the shit out of MY17 so I don't want to see those mods go to waste when I sell the car.

Maybe I'll buy a second one sometime in the next decade...

KS50GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Coupe
Late 2018 more likely.

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red
We have all seen the features the MY18 will have for the North American market, as promoted by Ford through the media, that was back in January this year http://www.motoring.com.au/2018-ford-mustang-revealed-105513/
Has there been Any official Ford media released info regarding MY18 Mustang features for the export version?
When they do, this may give you an idea of the time frame of when the export versions gets built/released compared to when the North American version gets built/released.

Sponsored

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
Late 2018 more likely.
I guess we will have to wait and see, the way I look at it, if the waiting time is 7-8 months currently, then it should be 7-8 months from the U.S release. Here's hoping.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Has there been Any official Ford media released info regarding MY18 Mustang features for the export version?
When they do, this may give you an idea of the time frame of when the export versions gets built/released compared to when the North American version gets built/released.
This is probably the best video for information pertaining to world-wide features. Points to note were that:

1 - ALL markets get front LED signature DRLs
2 - ALL markets and ALL models (both Ecoboost and V8) get hood vents
3 - World markets get the 12" LCD dash as standard

No word on when export cars would be built, only that the cars (in the US) would be available "this Fall".

For info, this is Carl Widmann, Mustang Chief Engineer. He's taken that role from Dave Pericak, who became head of Ford Performance after successfully delivering the '15MY to market :)

[ame]

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
After the Euro Ncap crash test fiasco one of Ford Europe's talking heads declared that the 2018 EU model will come with additional safety features like autonomous braking and lane departure warning. That doesn't mean they will be standard though, but at least available as an option package.

Budoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
This is probably the best video for information pertaining to world-wide features. Points to note were that:

1 - ALL markets get front LED signature DRLs
2 - ALL markets and ALL models (both Ecoboost and V8) get hood vents
3 - World markets get the 12" LCD dash as standard

No word on when export cars would be built, only that the cars (in the US) would be available "this Fall".

For info, this is Carl Widmann, Mustang Chief Engineer. He's taken that role from Dave Pericak, who became head of Ford Performance after successfully delivering the '15MY to market :)

I just hope that rhd cars won't get a lower hp rating. And that they fix that passenger side mirror issue for people like me who are short.

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
After the Euro Ncap crash test fiasco one of Ford Europe's talking heads declared that the 2018 EU model will come with additional safety features like autonomous braking and lane departure warning. That doesn't mean they will be standard though, but at least available as an option package.
So what you are saying is that you can option up from a 2 star safety rating to a 5 star safety rating, I don't think so.
Sponsored