Sponsored

Steeda's New Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs - (Track Proven Winner!!!)

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Hi everyone, they are shipping today!

Thanks,

Mike D
Congrats on the release Mike! I'm sure these are going to help a lot of enthusiasts! :headbang:
Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda's Eco-Boost test vehicle

Testing for a event this weekend, photo at Steeda's test facility.
IMG_4088.JPG eCO BOOST.jpg
IMG_4090.JPG eco.jpg

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
On Track Photos

Fastest of all the competition at SGMP this past Saturday!!
Congratulations Team Steeda! Hard work,dedication and testing does pay off!!

Sporting the Stop the hop package, Steeda Dual rate springs, and Steeda adjustable Pro-Action shocks!
FullSizeRender (002).jpg Eco - Boost.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg Eco-Boost.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

Sporting the Stop the hop package, Steeda Dual rate springs, and Steeda adjustable Pro-Action shocks!
Over 40 cars competing, mostly V8 equipped! Everyone, was surprised it was a 4 cly turbo!

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
STEEDA

:first:
[MENTION=21494]wildcatgoal[/MENTION] Now that you have had these awhile, how are they for street driving? Anything significantly harsh?

I'm sure they are awesome on the track, especially with the adjustable shocks/struts.

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I still have zero complaints on the street. They'd be harsh all day long if I didn't have my Steeda dampers, I have no doubt - they're a lot of spring rate, after all. But I have Steeda adjustables, which I typically have set at 1.5 turns which is what Steeda Fixed are.

The car is tight and firm (teheeheheee). It is a far cry away from the "Cadillac with bad shocks" this car felt like to me before I started this wallet burning modification train. I had Steeda Ultralites first - liked them on the track a lot, on the street they were fine but not quite there "for me" in account of the comparatively softer front spring rate. That soft spring rate though paired with the firmer spring rate in the rear worked on track very well - felt very balanced there. Anyway, I had Swift Spec Rs next - you'd be hard pressed to find me a set of better all-arounder springs inclusive of aesthetics. I didn't like them as much on track overall compared to the Ultralites - front spring rate being stiffer than the Ultralites was great for turn in response feedback but the lighter rear rate may have been causal to me feeling like the car leaned more than I would prefer. Just didn't feel as natural as the Ultralites on track (but we're talking two different tracks here so, I think that is a subjective/driving style thing). They're also very light, like the Ultralites.

But these Dual Rates - I almost wish I just started here because it is what I was searching for. My Steeda dampers handle them perfectly as far as I can tell... I mean I haven't had high-dollar coilovers or some presently unavailable competing front+back adjustable damper setup to compare, but... I really am not finding anything to complain about with these - and I am really good at that.

I wouldn't recommend them for someone who can't say to themselves with full confidence that they can tolerate their car being "track stiff" (albeit with great non-harsh dampening). You're not going to float over imperfect highway but at the same time you aren't breaking teeth going over bad road. This is a track spring after all but with good dampers, track springs should be streetable and if they aren't, I'm betting they're too stiff anyway or you're driving your NASCAR on the street, which is a bad idea. I'd recommend Swift Spec Rs if you want a street spring you'll go to an HPDE with sometimes (PP dampers are fine, Steeda's fixed dampers would be heavenly with these). These Dual Rates - best for someone who knows they want very sporty and and firm ride with good compliance (adjustable dampers required) and can truly tolerate feeling all the little bumps their car previously masked (not getting jolted by them, but knowing they're there).

Additionally, not mentioned yet, the drop of the Dual Rates is perfect. These cars need wheel travel. The suspension design in the rear especially benefits from it immensely on the street and track (car does not get upset on curbs). Part of the good ride with these is having so much suspension travel, I'm sure.

Just my opinion.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I still have zero complaints on the street. They'd be harsh all day long if I didn't have my Steeda dampers, I have no doubt - they're a lot of spring rate, after all. But I have Steeda adjustables, which I typically have set at 1.5 turns which is what Steeda Fixed are.

The car is tight and firm (teheeheheee). It is a far cry away from the "Cadillac with bad shocks" this car felt like to me before I started this wallet burning modification train. I had Steeda Ultralites first - liked them on the track a lot, on the street they were fine but not quite there "for me" in account of the comparatively softer front spring rate. That soft spring rate though paired with the firmer spring rate in the rear worked on track very well - felt very balanced there. Anyway, I had Swift Spec Rs next - you'd be hard pressed to find me a set of better all-arounder springs inclusive of aesthetics. I didn't like them as much on track overall compared to the Ultralites - front spring rate being stiffer than the Ultralites was great for turn in response feedback but the lighter rear rate may have been causal to me feeling like the car leaned more than I would prefer. Just didn't feel as natural as the Ultralites on track (but we're talking two different tracks here so, I think that is a subjective/driving style thing). They're also very light, like the Ultralites.

But these Dual Rates - I almost wish I just started here because it is what I was searching for. My Steeda dampers handle them perfectly as far as I can tell... I mean I haven't had high-dollar coilovers or some presently unavailable competing front+back adjustable damper setup to compare, but... I really am not finding anything to complain about with these - and I am really good at that.

I wouldn't recommend them for someone who can't say to themselves with full confidence that they can tolerate their car being "track stiff" (albeit with great non-harsh dampening). You're not going to float over imperfect highway but at the same time you aren't breaking teeth going over bad road. This is a track spring after all but with good dampers, track springs should be streetable and if they aren't, I'm betting they're too stiff anyway or you're driving your NASCAR on the street, which is a bad idea. I'd recommend Swift Spec Rs if you want a street spring you'll go to an HPDE with sometimes (PP dampers are fine, Steeda's fixed dampers would be heavenly with these). These Dual Rates - best for someone who knows they want very sporty and and firm ride with good compliance (adjustable dampers required) and can truly tolerate feeling all the little bumps their car previously masked (not getting jolted by them, but knowing they're there).

Additionally, not mentioned yet, the drop of the Dual Rates is perfect. These cars need wheel travel. The suspension design in the rear especially benefits from it immensely on the street and track (car does not get upset on curbs). Part of the good ride with these is having so much suspension travel, I'm sure.

Just my opinion.
Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for. I use to run a really stiff suspension on former sports cars and never minded it so long as my fillings stayed in my teeth. I'd rather have a car that can respond to turns than a cloud like ride. If I wanted to feel like I'm floating, I would have bought a Caddie. :)

Appreciate the response. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Garf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
So has there been a comparison between the dual rates to the linear ecoboost springs? Has anyone run these on the non PP ecoboost struts.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

More photos testing on our S550.
s500 2016.jpg
Sponsored