Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I have had the lund tune on for a week now and it's nice and all but my god the fans never shut the hell up(temps are fine and barely different from the steeda tune I had on for a year).

so i remember the debate months to years back about which tstat is the best. which is the absolute best choice? reische right?

also I can't find it but i remember someone had a write up about how to change out the tstat quick and easy without making a mess.

thanks yall.
Sponsored

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ask them to adjust the fan settings. that's what I did, and now it's perfect.
Unless of course you want to get a lower temp stat regardless. Mine is a 100% street car, and I want to keep it as close to stock as possible, so I saw no need for a lower temp stat.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have had the lund tune on for a week now and it's nice and all but my god the fans never shut the hell up(temps are fine and barely different from the steeda tune I had on for a year).

so i remember the debate months to years back about which tstat is the best. which is the absolute best choice? reische right?

also I can't find it but i remember someone had a write up about how to change out the tstat quick and easy without making a mess.

thanks yall.
Are you on 93 or E-85? If E-85 don't do a lower temp thermostat and just have fan turn on temps put back to stock or close to it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Just ask them to adjust the fan settings. that's what I did, and now it's perfect.
Unless of course you want to get a lower temp stat regardless. Mine is a 100% street car, and I want to keep it as close to stock as possible, so I saw no need for a lower temp stat.

Are you on 93 or E-85? If E-85 don't do a lower temp thermostat and just have fan turn on temps put back to stock or close to it.

I might try the recommendation of having them adjust the fans first. Didn't know I could ask them that.

I would rather not change the tstat if I don't have too.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Ya. I have the LUND tune and my fans are always running. I didn't ask so I think it's just what they do by default. I am on e85 flex tune. I am usually sitting @ 205 head temp.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I just put in a request to see if they could adjust the fan settings.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Ya. I have the LUND tune and my fans are always running. I didn't ask so I think it's just what they do by default. I am on e85 flex tune. I am usually sitting @ 205 head temp.
Same here. Running Lund FF tune. Mine usually sit in the 190s to low 200s. Usually not over 205 and I've never seen it go over 210. On my stock tune and Bama tune, CHTs would get up to 221 if I was pushing the car hard for an extended period. My fans are always running and didn't see the need to get a lower thermostat.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red

thanks yall.
What made you switch to Lund? Going flexfuel? And did you notice any difference between the two?

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i'm running the normal fans now. they turn on like normal now. so much better temps still same.

I switch because I was bored basically and wanted to try lund on the ole butt dyno. hardly any e85 around here so wasn't for that.

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Being in S Florida, I changed my Tstat to the Reische 170 to help keep head temps cooler... Before I was seeing around 221 degrees and now its usually around 193 in everyday driving.

L8R

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
None of them! :D
Sponsored