Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow $400 each! Thats cheap!!
It is LUDICROUSLY cheap for the pedigree of the tyre :eyebulge:
Also, I chucked a tape measure over the tyre beads just to get an idea of stretch or bulge. There will be neither. The tyres measure within 3mm of the rim width. :thumbsup:
IMG_1555.jpg
Sponsored

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
I'm gonna wait 'til the Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4 come out. I'm getting 285/35/R19 front and 325/30/R19 rear. I have 10" front and 11" Project 6GR wheels. My car arrives in April, hopefully they'll be available then so I can swap them out ASAP so there's minimal miles on the originals to increase their resale value.

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)
I'm gonna wait 'til the Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4 come out. I'm getting 285/35/R19 front and 325/30/R19 rear. I have 10" front and 11" Project 6GR wheels. My car arrives in April, hopefully they'll be available then so I can swap them out ASAP so there's minimal miles on the originals to increase their resale value.

Hey unless you put well extensions you are going to have wheel poke with 325's. I have 315's on 11" rims and they are just clearing by a whisker. So I am sure you wont be able to lower it any because with mine when lowered you can only just slip your little finger between quarter panel and tyre.

This is my tyre on a 1" lowered setup:
image.png

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be avoiding a Michelin in that rear width, on those wheels, like the plague mate.
Michelins are renowned for being a wider fit than most tyres on the market.
A mate of mine is running 305 MPSS on his 6Gr's and they DO poke!
The amount of added negative camber you'd require would be crazy.
Your money, just saying. :cheers:

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Have you considered Nitto Invo's ? Nitto are quite popular in the states. I have Nitto's on my new 20s that are going on this week.
Hi guys. I have covered about 2000km's on my Nitto Invo's (275F/295R on staggered 20" Niche Essen). Pretty happy so far. Nice and quiet on the road. P zero is borderline dangerous in comparison. Don't know about the wet, as it's not a daily driver and is mostly driven top down. I try and avoid rain.lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
6Gr 11" wheel with MPSS 305, standard height and camber.
image.jpeg

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Australia hasn't gotten them two sizes before, keen to hear if you get get them in on the PSS4

LFCRulesOK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Ruby Red)
Hey unless you put well extensions you are going to have wheel poke with 325's. I have 315's on 11" rims and they are just clearing by a whisker. So I am sure you wont be able to lower it any because with mine when lowered you can only just slip your little finger between quarter panel and tyre.

Are those MPSS? I'm getting the track performance pack which includes lowering springs.

OK it seems 325 is not feasible then. The guy from Need4Speed Motors assured me they'd fit and has shown pics of that setup, but they weren't running MPSS admittedly.

So 305 or 315 at the rear? Comments welcome.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros

Allan, do you have 19s or 20s? And what aspect ratio are the tyres?

Edit: may as well ask all the questions. Also what offset are your wheels?

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are those MPSS? I'm getting the track performance pack which includes lowering springs.

OK it seems 325 is not feasible then. The guy from Need4Speed Motors assured me they'd fit and has shown pics of that setup, but they weren't running MPSS admittedly.

The width will depend on the tyre you choose to run. Michelin run wide for a given size, wider than any I know of.
I'm not sure that lowering will alter the poke of the combo necessarily. That'll depend on the angle of the lower control arm at your nominated ride height.
Personally, I'd disregard just about anything coming from the US with regard to "fitment". They have different perceptions of what that constitutes...
Hoping some of this helps you to make an informed decision. Cheers

Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
The width will depend on the tyre you choose to run. Michelin run wide for a given size, wider than any I know of.
I'm not sure that lowering will alter the poke of the combo necessarily. That'll depend on the angle of the lower control arm at your nominated ride height.
Personally, I'd disregard just about anything coming from the US with regard to "fitment". They have different perceptions of what that constitutes...
Hoping some of this helps you to make an informed decision. Cheers
Hi Burkey totally agree with your comment to disregard anything coming out of the USA with regard to fitment.

We are importing 6GR wheels and will be the distributors for Australia. So correct fitment becomes our issue.

In the meantime we have a set going on our own GT this week and will be fitting 295/35/20 Conti rears on 20x11.

We have tried 315s Nitto's however they POKE and the Michies will poke even more. Apart from the fact it is illegal and u stand a high chance of getting a ticket as it is so visual.
We did Alan Goldmans a couple of weeks ago and he totally agreed so he then went to a 295 rear clearance problem solved!

Remember the 20x11 only has a 50mm offset. You really need closer to 60mm for it to be a real nice fit with a 315.

Your other choice is to alter the camber and pull that wheel right in at the top. You will then start excessive wear on the insides of your tyres.

Its a tough one!

Cheers Fred
[email protected]

Ph 03 9553 6915

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder

You will scrape if its lowered and you have a 315

The boys at Need4Speed told us the same thing that clearance is good, like no its not we have tried it here and I relayed back to them, the reply was Oh maybe not if its lowered so we had a two hour conversation about it.

The long and the short is fit a 295 rear and this will give you some clearance.

By the way we will be handling the Project 6GR wheels.

Cheers
Fred

[email protected]

Ph 03 9553 6915

ozhood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 (Ordered), FG XR6, Ford Territory

Wider isn't always better for track work. Have a look at what the guys in the US are doing. They've had these cars a lot longer than we have. There seems to be a preference for a square setup for circuit work. 285's all round seems pretty popular.

My car is still so far away, I haven't given tyres lot of thought yet

CasperGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
GT Black Fastback (Drake)

Sorry, I made a typo, its 305's on mine not 315's. I just realised when I jumped back on and seen my post!

GrabbberAussie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang
[MENTION=21513]Burkey[/MENTION] - is there a reason why you didn't import the BF Goodrich tyres (G Force Comp 2 AS)?

Have been seriously considering these these based on the feedback and reviews, I should be able to get them landed in AU for about $1,100 AUD.
Sponsored