Sponsored

Steeda pro action shocks/struts

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
I'm looking for some advice on my path to upgrading my suspension. My car is a non peformance pack auto trans. I have the Steeda sport progressive springs I'm going to have installed next month but now I'm considering adding the pro action shocks and struts as they seem like a good compliment to the springs. My question is since my car is pretty much a DD only and I want to sacrifice as little ride comfort as possible, are the shocks/struts a good idea. Also if I were to go with the non adjustable versions to save some coin, will I be in for a harsh ride? Should I just go for the adjustable units and make sure I can be happy with my ride the first time? Also, would any additional supporting mods be in order if adding the shocks? I am in contact with Steeda about all this and they have been great so far but I'm looking for some opinions from people who may have done what I am thinking about already. Thanks guys, I am new to the world of car suspension so any insight provided is appreciated.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking for some advice on my path to upgrading my suspension. My car is a non peformance pack auto trans. I have the Steeda sport progressive springs I'm going to have installed next month but now I'm considering adding the pro action shocks and struts as they seem like a good compliment to the springs. My question is since my car is pretty much a DD only and I want to sacrifice as little ride comfort as possible, are the shocks/struts a good idea. Also if I were to go with the non adjustable versions to save some coin, will I be in for a harsh ride? Should I just go for the adjustable units and make sure I can be happy with my ride the first time? Also, would any additional supporting mods be in order if adding the shocks? I am in contact with Steeda about all this and they have been great so far but I'm looking for some opinions from people who may have done what I am thinking about already. Thanks guys, I am new to the world of car suspension so any insight provided is appreciated.
Will let others weigh in ... but you are in good hands with Steeda & we will help with any direction you would like to go.

[MENTION=26181]keltymd[/MENTION] & [MENTION=18311]trustyrusty436[/MENTION] can help provide some insight.

Best Regards,

TJ

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
You are always in good hands with Steeda. I've spoken to them numerous times via phone. Extremely helpful staff. I may be interested in some shock/struts as well. Hopefully they have a coupon code or will be running a sale in the coming holiday months.

OP
OP
Wally

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] yes I am very happy with the customer service from Steeda, I have ordered from them multiple times and the experience has always been top notch. Just looking for some opinions from forum members on what will be the right setup for my needs.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I cannot compare to a base but on my PP I went with stock PP springs and the non adjustable steeda shock/struts. The ride is better than stock not as harsh and handles MUCH better.

Sponsored

Ryubb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
I ordered the Steeda non adjustable shocks/struts Monday, shipping shows ill receive them tomorrow. I plan to install on Friday/Saturday at latest. I have the 2015 GT w/PP. Swapped out the springs early this year with BMR performance sp080. I did this cause the ride, even though was stiff, was floaty/bouncy in the back end. After the springs, it was better, but still choppy ride. I know its the shocks.

Another forum member got the steeda non-adjustables for his PP mustang and PP springs, he loves it. I plan to give a thorough review after install and some testing. Ford shocks so far, really disappoint me on comfort level.

Edit: Keltymd was who I was referring too. Good timing.

I dont know how the shocks/struts will compare with non PP springs (rates are lower), but I can at least test rates similar to the PP springs this weekend.

trustyrusty436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a base GT,6m. I put the Pro Action Adjustables on with lowering springs the, adjustment is 1/2 turn off full soft. The car ride really good and handles good as well. It's so good that I don't think about it much, any more. I also installed the IRS braces with the Alignment kit, these with the Pro Action made it drive like a different car, a good car. People seem to like the non adjustables quite well also. I think these shocks and struts are a much needed improvement, I'm a DD, but still like good handling cars.:thumbsup:

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Can't go wrong with steeda. I have pro action adjustable. Love my steeda lowering springs too.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can't go wrong with steeda. I have pro action adjustable. Love my steeda lowering springs too.
Thank you sir!

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
Wally

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finalized my parts list and placed my order today with help from Randy at Steeda. He was really patient with me emailing back and forth on what setup will be good for me. I ended up ordering the non-adjustable shocks/struts, camber plates, bump steer kit, subframe alignment kit and IRS subframe bushing support system. This will all be installed by Steeda along with the sport progressive springs I have sitting at home already. I'm super excited and will post some pics and a review of my thoughts next month after the install. Thanks again Steeda for providing outstanding customer service.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I finalized my parts list and placed my order today with help from Randy at Steeda. He was really patient with me emailing back and forth on what setup will be good for me. I ended up ordering the non-adjustable shocks/struts, camber plates, bump steer kit, subframe alignment kit and IRS subframe bushing support system. This will all be installed by Steeda along with the sport progressive springs I have sitting at home already. I'm super excited and will post some pics and a review of my thoughts next month after the install. Thanks again Steeda for providing outstanding customer service.
Wally, thank you for your patience & support too - we are confident that you will be very happy with the install & set-up.

Steeda definitely looks forward to your feedback & so do others watching these threads - the personal feedback is great for the community!

:cheers:

Have a great weekend!

Best Regards,

TJ

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
In my opinion, either fixed valve or adjustable (which is what i have) would be a good way to go in my opinion. I noticed in my car (which is PP) when i went to Ultra Lite Linear springs, the car became bouncy. I think this is due to the higher spring constant in the lowering springs. This means that the stock shocks are out of their designed operating range for one, and are severely underdamped for running a heavier spring and cant control the unloading of the stored energy within the spring. I went with adjustable shocks since i track my car. Either way, i think it's a good thing to do. My car actually smoothed out after installing. I run on the softest setting around town, then adjust when at the track based on over/understeer going in and out of corners to dial it in. This is just my experience with the set-up and my current suspension modifications.

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I have BMR performance springs with Steeda fixed pro action shocks and struts. The ride is great, the car is much more stable in corners and still soaks up bumps well. It is, without a doubt, much more firm than stock, but personally I like how it rides even if those bigger pot holes do feel bigger.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Thank you everyone for the great reviews. We spent hundreds of hours of testing or close to a year with take a part shocks from all the major damper companies on site at our facility in GA. Testing on all types of different road surfaces.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You'll be very happy with that!

If you meet Randy or TJ in person, be aware - they aren't very good looking. :lol:
Sponsored