Sponsored

Thicker & Re-Shaped GT350/GT350R Steering Wheels - Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.beithperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Custom Thicker/Reshaped Shelby GT350 Steering Wheels

In an effort to try and bring some more options to the market, I am offering a line of custom GT350 and GT350R steering wheels.

To give you a run down of the differences VS the OEM Shelby steering wheels, here are the changes:

-Re-profiled exterior shape (Note the outer contouring on the lower shoulders)
-Enhanced thumb grip areas
-Slightly thicker wheel
-Full re-trim in very high quality napa leather, or alcantara, custom orders available
-Stitching and Top Stripe Color customizable

Quality is OEM.

All feedback appreciated :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Looks pretty slick man. Pricey with no feedback yet, but slick looking.

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
I like it, but it is pricier than a factory R wheel.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Thanks for posting. I had been thinking about swapping my steering wheel out for something a bit more custom. While i do love the feel of alcantara, the wear on it from regular use and how it gets to looking old and tired I'm not excited for. I don't have many gripes about this car, but there are a couple nit picky things i wish were different. One is the steering wheel, specifically how thin it is. I was expecting a thicker diameter but it feels more like a standard mustang wheel just wrapped in alcantara, my old e92 M3 had a nice thick wheel. Is there any opportunity to increase the thickness of the hoop beyond what it is stock? If there were i would be more interested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beith Performance Parts

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Would consider it if you allowed for more custom options at that price. For example the color of the stitching and the stripe...Yellow.
Custom color options are definitely possible.

If it something of interest to you, feel free to drop me a PM with the combo you would like and I can see if we can make it.

Regards

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
I'm [MENTION=22907]dron_jones[/MENTION] anyway to make it a lil thivker?

OP
OP
Beith Performance Parts

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Thanks for posting. I had been thinking about swapping my steering wheel out for something a bit more custom. While i do love the feel of alcantara, the wear on it from regular use and how it gets to looking old and tired I'm not excited for. I don't have many gripes about this car, but there are a couple nit picky things i wish were different. One is the steering wheel, specifically how thin it is. I was expecting a thicker diameter but it feels more like a standard mustang wheel just wrapped in alcantara, my old e92 M3 had a nice thick wheel. Is there any opportunity to increase the thickness of the hoop beyond what it is stock? If there were i would be more interested.

This is exactly the reason I decided to offer this product, in my opinion (which I believe the view shared by many owners) the OEM GT350 wheel has a lot of room for improvement.

Regarding the thickness, I have increased the thickness on the perforated sides, beefed up the thumb grips, aswell as adding thicker contoured shoulders to the bottom.

I could also increase the thickness of the top section, if that is a common theme with the feedback received.

:-)

OP
OP
Beith Performance Parts

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I like it, but it is pricier than a factory R wheel.
Being a very small production run, these are labor intensive one-off pieces that take a few weeks of work for us.

In my opinion the end product exceeds the quality of the OEM wheel.

I am offering a core exhange to help with bringing the cost down :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I Like it - But not a fan of "flat bottom" wheels...everything minus that, and I'm in

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
This is exactly the reason I decided to offer this product, in my opinion (which I believe the view shared by many owners) the OEM GT350 wheel has a lot of room for improvement.

Regarding the thickness, I have increased the thickness on the perforated sides, beefed up the thumb grips, aswell as adding thicker contoured shoulders to the bottom.

I could also increase the thickness of the top section, if that is a common theme with the feedback received.

:-)
I like the increased diameter of the perforated section, would like to see it continued at the top for consistency

I Like it - But not a fan of "flat bottom" wheels...everything minus that, and I'm in
i am the opposite, flat bottom is a must, much more sporty in design, wouldn't want it if it was completely round

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Do you do flat bottom wheels like these for the 11-14?

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
They look awesome! I do like the idea for it being thicker. However I do prefer Suede to leather on a track wearing gloves, but would be awesome for the street.

I will keep it in mind as I don't have the $$ right now
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.