I'm in love: Roush with X-pipe.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Yea I thought I remember seeing that one of the companies that tunes has a "cold start tune"
Sponsored

frankieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2 Deep Impact Blue
I am running the Roush quads with H pipe. It definitely is louder at cold start, but not so much that my neighbors bring their dogs over to poo in my yard. I love that it is deep and mellow when keeping my foot out of it, yet absolutely screams when on it. I didn't realize how much of a beast it sounds like until the first time I went under an overpass with the windows down while on the gas.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Definitely need to hear X vs H in person.

OP
OP
Normus Girth

Normus Girth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Here's the first one:

We left the 3 foot industrial fan on by mistake, as we had it on for keeping us cool all day. Should give a good reference point for the volume, as you can hear it at the beginning.

[ame]

OP
OP
Normus Girth

Normus Girth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Second vid taken from my buddy who followed me half way home. His windows were up and my revs were no more than 3500 rpms with sport mode on (Auto with 3.15s):

[ame]

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I retuned my cold start spark which helped a ton on mine and I'm on long tubes with no cats but different mufflers.
Do I need an aftermarket tuner for that? Unfortunately I can't get a tune yet (don't want to void my warranty).

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Just installed the Roush axle back with my H pipe! Hahaha!!! Had Borla s-type with H pipe. This is way better and deeper!!! Time for a little ride!

OP
OP
Normus Girth

Normus Girth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just installed the Roush axle back with my H pipe! Hahaha!!! Had Borla s-type with H pipe. This is way better and deeper!!! Time for a little ride!
Yup. I've actually been looking for reasons to get out haha. Haven't listened to the radio since.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Definitely one of the best sounding combos available. We ran the same setup on our blue car. Here's the video.

[ame]

For those interested we also have an awesome combo package for the Roush axleback and our X or H pipe resonator delete. Link is below. If you have any other questions or need help ordering give us a shout.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/le...al-resonator-delete-with-roush-axle-back.html

resdel_roush_1.jpg

Thanks, Jared

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Definitely one of the best sounding combos available. We ran the same setup on our blue car. Here's the video.

For those interested we also have an awesome combo package for the Roush axleback and our X or H pipe resonator delete. Link is below. If you have any other questions or need help ordering give us a shout.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/le...al-resonator-delete-with-roush-axle-back.html

Thanks, Jared
Wow, that does sound amazing. Two questions tho:

1) How have your neighbors not called the cops yet?

2) While I really love how that combo sounds, it's just too loud for me. I need something a bit quieter (with no drone obviously). I already have your resonator delete H-pipe but am otherwise stock. Are there any other suggestions for AB's that might give me a nice deep rumble similar to your vid but just ...quieter?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

2) While I really love how that combo sounds, it's just too loud for me. I need something a bit quieter (with no drone obviously). I already have your resonator delete H-pipe but am otherwise stock. Are there any other suggestions for AB's that might give me a nice deep rumble similar to your vid but just ...quieter?

Haha.. No cops called around here. We're in S. Florida where pretty much anything goes. No inspections, no nothing.

If you want it louder than what you have now but not loud like the Roush then I'd suggest the Borla touring axleback. That will give you increased noise over the stock mufflers but not too aggressive like many of the other axleback options.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

FRPP Touring AB with an H-pipe sounds pretty mean:

[ame]

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Haha.. No cops called around here. We're in S. Florida where pretty much anything goes. No inspections, no nothing.

If you want it louder than what you have now but not loud like the Roush then I'd suggest the Borla touring axleback. That will give you increased noise over the stock mufflers but not too aggressive like many of the other axleback options.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared
Awesome. I'll look into it.

I originally wanted a catback but since I already have your H-pipe, it seems that's basically already 1/2 way there. Seems pointless to spend the money on the entire system when I can just put AB's on. I know the factory mid-pipe is probably smaller diameter than most aftermarket catback options (I believe it's 2.5"?) but I'm ok with that. Just want a bit more sound out of it.

Anyone know what the stock piping diameter is of a GT exhaust system? Specifically the mid-pipe area. I believe it's 2.5", right?

I had a great opportunity for some Borla S-Type mufflers local to me. Unfortunately, they were part of an EcoBoost catback system. I'm guessing the mufflers are the same between the GT and EB but the piping is not. The Borla GT system uses 2.5" while the EB uses 2.25". Obviously single entry Y-pipe would be of no use to me, nor would the smaller diameter midpipe so I would've kept the Lethal H-pipe and stock mid-pipe but with the smaller pipe diameter, it just didn't work out...

Anyway, sorry for sidetracking the thread! Please, continue...:cheers:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome. I'll look into it.

I originally wanted a catback but since I already have your H-pipe, it seems that's basically already 1/2 way there. Seems pointless to spend the money on the entire system when I can just put AB's on. I know the factory mid-pipe is probably smaller diameter than most aftermarket catback options (I believe it's 2.5"?) but I'm ok with that. Just want a bit more sound out of it.

Anyone know what the stock piping diameter is of a GT exhaust system? Specifically the mid-pipe area. I believe it's 2.5", right?

I had a great opportunity for some Borla S-Type mufflers local to me. Unfortunately, they were part of an EcoBoost catback system. I'm guessing the mufflers are the same between the GT and EB but the piping is not. The Borla GT system uses 2.5" while the EB uses 2.25". Obviously single entry Y-pipe would be of no use to me, nor would the smaller diameter midpipe so I would've kept the Lethal H-pipe and stock mid-pipe but with the smaller pipe diameter, it just didn't work out...

Anyway, sorry for sidetracking the thread! Please, continue...:cheers:
The stock exhaust on a GT is made up of 2.5" from the resonator back. As far as the S type mufflers go those are on the more aggressive side of things and will require more work to fit since they're from an Ecoboost not a GT. IMO not worth doing. Just get the proper stuff from the beginning and you'll avoid any headaches from banging your head against the wall. Trust me I have personal experience in this. LOL :headbonk::headbonk:
Sponsored