Sponsored

I'm in love: Roush with X-pipe.

Normus Girth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Finally got it on. Had help to cut and put it all in and wasn't too bad. Hardest part was just holding and tightening everything to get everything where it need to be. I took video but honestly it sounds like the many others out there on YouTube, but even then the audio is no comparison to the sheer volume it has in person. Cold starts are somewhat loud, but not crazy, and the car is easy on the ears while cruising with windows up. Through traffic, windows down the car is a beast, simple as that. I had at least 5 people honk in traffic with thumbs up, and another shaking his head while smiling. I'm in love.
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
axle backs i got .. most compare them to roush..i got legato. with a x pipe.. i love the sound.
figured id try them something different, then all the others

WindyCityStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I have the roush axlebacks with an x pipe and I'm with you I could not be happier with the sound! It's perfect in my opinion. Plus a lot cheaper than most set ups!

OP
OP
Normus Girth

Normus Girth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have the roush axlebacks with an x pipe and I'm with you I could not be happier with the sound! It's perfect in my opinion. Plus a lot cheaper than most set ups!
Yup. I was saving for the Corsa Xtremes but ended up with something for 1/2 the price. I still love the sound of the Corsas, but now I have money I can put toward something else.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Same boat as OP but with the H-pipe. Roush + x/h pipes are perfect for these. They're in the louder side for start-ups but perfect for cruising.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Welcome to the team. That's the best exhaust combo for this car. :thumbsup:

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I just put my Roush Axle-back on last week, and the X pipe on 3 days ago. The X-pipe made a huge difference over the stock resonator. It's LOUD. Everyone likes the sound, I just wish it was a slightly quieter at start-ups so my neighbors don't complain. When I get on the gas it's a beast. I ended up buying the new J&M x-pipe, it's 305 stainless, looks very nice, fits perfect, and best of all was $149 shipped.

OP
OP
Normus Girth

Normus Girth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I just put my Roush Axle-back on last week, and the X pipe on 3 days ago. The X-pipe made a huge difference over the stock resonator. It's LOUD. Everyone likes the sound, I just wish it was a slightly quieter at start-ups so my neighbors don't complain. When I get on the gas it's a beast. I ended up buying the new J&M x-pipe, it's 305 stainless, looks very nice, fits perfect, and best of all was $149 shipped.
It's still hot down in ga.... So I'll just shift out of park immediately to help my roommates who live right above the garage,... But when winter comes I guess it is what it is haha. Cold start heaven.

Jeffola

Automotive Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Same Here, the Roush Axle Backs and the Ford Performance X Pipe make the car sing.

Sponsored

xmodem240

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT premium auto
So guys with the roush+h-pipe, does that reduce the amount of rasp? I have the roush+xpipe and i love it trust me, but i wouldnt mind alittle less rasp at higher RPM's.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I want this, but I can't imagine being louder on cold start than the AB and stock resonator.

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The Axel backs are loud enough for me... Don't think I have the minerals to drive it around louder haha

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I would say the X pipe doubles the sound at most RPM's, and especially during cold starts. It's LOUD, but it's also gotten me many more compliments since I've added the X-pipe. Once it's warmed up I can coast into my driveway without anyone hearing it, now I just need to figure out a way to quiet down the cold starts.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I would say the X pipe doubles the sound at most RPM's, and especially during cold starts. It's LOUD, but it's also gotten me many more compliments since I've added the X-pipe. Once it's warmed up I can coast into my driveway without anyone hearing it, now I just need to figure out a way to quiet down the cold starts.
I retuned my cold start spark which helped a ton on mine and I'm on long tubes with no cats but different mufflers.
Sponsored