Sponsored

Will we ever see an Automatic GT500?

demas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang 5.0
With all the leaked information about the upcoming 10 speed auto gear, do you think will we ever see an Automatic GT500?
Most of the people probably don't want it but is this even an option for ford?

Let me know what do you think and why :)
Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Very very doubtful. It's a halo niche car. You can't make a car touted to be the king of mustangs and make it automatic. The biggest indication is look at the fact they don't offer a Performance Pack Automatic GT. No way they'd offer an automatic Specialty car.

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
If what GM and FCA is doing is any indicator... it just might.

Automatic Corvette Z06, Automatic Camaro ZL1, Automatic Charger and Challenger Hellcats.

Let's face it, the majority of the segment paying $60,000+ for a vehicle, probably don't want that third peddle.

OP
OP

demas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang 5.0
If what GM and FCA is doing is any indicator... it just might.

Automatic Corvette Z06, Automatic Camaro ZL1, Automatic Charger and Challenger Hellcats.

Let's face it, the majority of the segment paying $60,000+ for a vehicle, probably don't want that third peddle.
That's what i was thinking... if GM made a Z06 Auto for the first time, why ford wont?

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I know plenty of Ford/GT500 owners that wished it was offered in an auto before. It would be a great move for them.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Should be able to. Be realistic most people that can afford a GT500 is gonna be in their 50-60's and knees don't work very well at those ages.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP

I have a feeling that the next gen gt500 will be an automatic. Automatics keep improving over the years and manuals never really go anywhere, plus they are disappearing and a majority of American drivers prefer an automatic. Although the European market still prefers a manual as well as other countries.

Me personally, I prefer a manual and if Ford removes the MT from the Mustangs then I’ll look elsewhere. Planning to trade up to a 2020 Mustang GT w/ MT (S650) but I have a fear that MT’s might even be gone by then.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
Very very doubtful. It's a halo niche car. You can't make a car touted to be the king of mustangs and make it automatic. The biggest indication is look at the fact they don't offer a Performance Pack Automatic GT. No way they'd offer an automatic Specialty car.
Ferrari and Lamborghini do it and sorry but Ford is nowhere in this league. The market is crying out for it so they should build it.....they will come.

Sponsored

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
So funny how the manual guys think they are the real "car guys" because they manually shift, I wonder have many of them even know how to or had to double clutch.

Well I think: only cranking your car over to start with a hand crank, makes you a real car guy. Your all Dinosaurs lol

They will have an Auto, the market demands it.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Ferrari and Lamborghini do it and sorry but Ford is nowhere in this league. The market is crying out for it so they should build it.....they will come.
I don't think Ford cares to be in that league outside the Ford GT realm... But my money is in an automatic.

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
I don't think Ford cares to be in that league outside the Ford GT realm... But my money is in an automatic.
I was just pointing out how Ferrari and Lamborghini already got rid of the manual transmissions and not that Ford wanted to be in their league.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
For a car of that caliber (Ferrari/Lambo), I’d probably prefer an auto only because its no longer an everyday car and I’d just be driving the car to show off.
For a street car like a Mustang, I prefer a manual because I’m using it daily and for me manual is very addicting. Ive driven auto for 10 years and once I learned how to drive manual 4 years ago, there was no going back. Ill go back to auto when im much older and it becomes painful to shift, but I want to drive manual while im young and they still offer it.