Sponsored

Help, my exhaust is too loud - plus, Roush help.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I'm going to go ahead and order the Miltek.

Seems like a happy medium and good value.
Sponsored

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I have an idea (don't laugh)...if early morning cold starts annoying the neighbors are your only problem. How about a couple flexible hoses running into a cheapo muffler, then after a minute when the revs come down, disconnect and go.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I have an idea (don't laugh)...if early morning cold starts annoying the neighbors are your only problem. How about a couple flexible hoses running into a cheapo muffler, then after a minute when the revs come down, disconnect and go.
I already had a similar thought, as track-day silencers are quite popular over here in the EU to pass noise limits.

Problem was is that none of them were 'quick release' enough for me, fitting would be questionable over the slash cut tips on the Roush outlets, and they arent cheap either!

They all needed extra brackets or clip on arrangements... a simple 'push-in' type of silencer would have been great, but I couldnt find one.

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
Yep, I have a H-pipe and Roush AB, sounds good, but those cold starts. If you turn it on and reverse it right away and then let it warm up, the overbearing sounds goes away once you reverse the car.
Leathal x pipe, Roush AB here as well.

When I back it out of the garage, I put a little extra load on the motor with brakes and it gets slightly better.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Leathal x pipe, Roush AB here as well.

When I back it out of the garage, I put a little extra load on the motor with brakes and it gets slightly better.
This has helped me I think - I'm about to fit a cat back but I think I will leave the std resonator and try first.

Maybe fit the resonator back?

Sponsored

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Im particularly interested to know if the spacing of the inlet/outlet pipes match that of the car... and how specifically he has it connected to the downpipes at the front.
Based on other customers who have done this same mod, our 5x8 and 4x9 resonated X inlet/outlets line right up to the stock pipe spacing without any modification.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Righto, finally some closure..................

Alright then, this little exhaust box from Magnaflow....

Whats it like, well its like magic, to be honest! What a well made and cleverly designed little thing. I dont know what kind of wizardry they use, but it makes for a nice sounding car! :)

So now I have stock headers and CATS, to the Magnaflow resonated Tru-X X pipe, followed by new stainless magnaflow 2.5" pipes back to the Roush axle-backs.

The exhaust place was very good. Not cheap, but worth it. They made one stupid (in fact very stupid mistake) of cutting up my Ford Racing X pipe to make an adapter to form the connection between the OE downpipes and the Magnaflow X pipe. This of course means I cant sell the FR part on :( For the sake of asking me (I was in the waiting room FFS), theyve effectively cost me 200euros and they did a decent expression of a Gallic shrug when I brought them up on it.

However, I dont want to ponder on it, as the quality of the work on the exhaust itself is spot on. All sections nicely welded together too, instead of nasty joining brackets everywhere.

Another +ve was that theyve adjusted the rear hangers on the Roush axle-backs so that they sit absolutely 100% perfect in the rear bumper apertures. I could never get them to sit quite right, but theyve done a lovely job. Interestingly, they had to remove and re-position the hanger on the left-side Roush as from the factory it was badly positioned and wouldnt allow for an optimum positioning on the car. A bit strange, I thought.

The results:

I was a bit worried at first, because I couldnt bloody hear anything, but it appears thats down to 2 reasons:

1) Its such a well designed thing that it seems to send the exhaust noise 'backwards' out the car, IE where its supposed to go.

and

2) Its actually 'livening' up as I put some KMs on it, as opposed to 'settling down' like most systems do. The noise now (IMO) is spot on. Its still got the lovely woffling and pops you get from an X pipe, its still got the same great noise from the Roush's, but its lost that painful 'hard' edge that the FR part was giving, and it no longer makes an obnoxious wall of noise. Cold starts and full beans are now significantly (massively!) quieter. My neighbours will thank me, im sure.

Quick vid with the new set up:

[ame]

And, I made some 11s:

[ame]

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for the sound clips, but do you happen to have a picture of the set up by chance ?

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just ordered MF #11386 to replace the resonator, looking forward to the sound with the Roush exhaust.

Thank you for the pics and suggestion,
JJ

Sponsored
OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Another much more recent sound clip.

Be patient with the sound..... It takes quite a while to bed in, but I think the result is worth it.

jon2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP 401a TY
Could anyone share how the sound differs with Roush axle backs with the OEM resonator, vs Roush AB with this resonated x-pipe from Magnaflow.

I have the Roush ABs alone, and they sound pretty awesome as is.

Thanks!

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Could anyone share how the sound differs with Roush axle backs with the OEM resonator, vs Roush AB with this resonated x-pipe from Magnaflow.

I have the Roush ABs alone, and they sound pretty awesome as is.

Thanks!
Look on my other videis on YT. should help you out.

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Just finished the install of the MF 11386. Unless the sound is being pushed out the back and deceiving me, the MF X appears to be quieter than the OEM resonator. I need to have someone drive it away from me accelerating.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Just finished the install of the MF 11386. Unless the sound is being pushed out the back and deceiving me, the MF X appears to be quieter than the OEM resonator. I need to have someone drive it away from me accelerating.
Ive already written above (a few times) that it needs a good 500-1000 miles to really warm up.

The change is very, very marked.

And it does indeed tend to push the sound more out the back, rather than making a wall of noise the non-silenced Xs tend to.

Give it time!
Sponsored