Sponsored

Help, my exhaust is too loud - plus, Roush help.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I have an h-pipe resonator delete and Pype's muffler delete. I also head out to work at 6am. I'm all too familiar with a loud exhaust, and early starts.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
While this is not my thread... I'm sure the OP would appreciate it more if you all stayed on subject. Instead you all made muffler suggestions different from what he was considering. For those unaware...We do have mufflers similar to the NPP exhaust on what you would find on the vette.. Loud when you want but quiet when you don't... With that being said...

Me personally... I would skip the passive system and aim for the Active system and figure out my measurement issues ahead of time

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
i have roush ab with h pipe.

its loud only when i put my foot on it, or else.. its pretty good

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i miss my old roush axlebacks. start it in the morning and the carpark would salute me with the sound of car alarms :thumbsup:

but like what others have said... the roush exhausts were set up to run with the stock resonators. anything else would just be loud(er).

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
While this is not my thread... I'm sure the OP would appreciate it more if you all stayed on subject. Instead you all made muffler suggestions different from what he was considering. For those unaware...We do have mufflers similar to the NPP exhaust on what you would find on the vette.. Loud when you want but quiet when you don't... With that being said...

Me personally... I would skip the passive system and aim for the Active system and figure out my measurement issues ahead of time
The OP was looking for suggestions on how to quiet his exhaust down while retaining tone.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
^This. I have LT's, magnaflow muffler with an internal x-pipe, and roush.

Video is shit because I didn't realize how loud that plane was so I cut it short but you get the idea. Quiet when cruising, loud at WOT, and my neighbors have thanked me for it. Sound is 100x better in person.

[MENTION=6778]BigEasyGT[/MENTION]

Ive managed to find a local stockist for the Magnaflow Tru-X.... result :)

How much fabrication was it to get this on the car? I guess the local shop made up some custom joins/bends for you?

Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
The OP was looking for suggestions on how to quiet his exhaust down while retaining tone.

OP already had an idea on how to retain tone while quieting exhaust... he gave two options...

The passive exhaust system (http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-quad-tip-axleback-2015gt.html) Which he essentially has to manually remove or install plates.

The Active Exhaust system ( http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-active-exhaust-1516gt.html)

He then proceeded to ask about fitment issues.( BTW OP the passive/active system requires you to cut and clamp) With his current combo just about everything you all are offering up will be too quiet. Whether he decides to go Passive or active... He'll have the ability to go quiet, medium, or balls to the wall loud. Literally the best option you have.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=6778]BigEasyGT[/MENTION]

Ive managed to find a local stockist for the Magnaflow Tru-X.... result :)

How much fabrication was it to get this on the car? I guess the local shop made up some custom joins/bends for you?

Shouldn't be a much, if any, more than $100 to install. It should drop right in where your current x pipe is, so just four welded joints.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Shouldn't be a much, if any, more than $100 to install. It should drop right in where your current x pipe is, so just four welded joints.
Thats what im hoping.

If [MENTION=6778]BigEasyGT[/MENTION] could verify, that would be awesome. Im particularly interested to know if the spacing of the inlet/outlet pipes match that of the car... and how specifically he has it connected to the downpipes at the front.

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I don't have any photos of the setup as I had this done two weeks ago, but it's in place of the factory resonator. As far as whether or not I have the 4" or 5" spaced version, I'll need to verify that later as I told them to use whichever one is easier for them to fit since they had both in stock.

Cost was $199 installed (parts + labor).

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Pretty sure we all stayed on subject, especially since I just went through what OP is going through now.

I broke it down like this:
Magnaflow muffler with x-pipe inside = $200 installed
Varex catback = ~$1200 with discount code
Roush Active = $Arm and a leg

I'm not willing to spend another $1000, after already spending $1100 on headers and $600 on my exhaust, to keep the peace between me and my neighbors so this was a happy medium.
Sponsored