Sponsored

Mach 1 S550 Mustang First Video

JoshMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2003 Mach 1, 64.5 Coupe
That will be the new GT500.
Which to me is more likely what the car in this video would be. It seems to have the same upgraded rearend housing that was seen a few weeks back. As far as I know the current Super 8.8" is quite robust, only the axles are weak. Why would a GT based "Special Edition" warrant an upgraded rearend, when even the GT350 has the current unit? While the Mach 1 could have a front splitter and ducktail spoiler, that would be a complete deviation from everything it has been in the past. When equipped the Mach 1 has always had a raised pedestal style spoiler and more of an air dam on the front than an adjustable splitter. Now the parts on this car may be nothing like what will eventually wind up on this model, but if they are and it were to be a Mach they would have completely steered away from the Mach heritage.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
i see a lot of comments about this being the new GT500... if it were, wouldn't it need a lot more openings in the body for intake/cooling?
Yeah definitely not a GT500. We would have heard a twin turbo or supercharger setup in the video if it was. This sounded N/A for sure.

Phelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future s550
Agreed. The engine seems great. Wheels are horrible imho. But it is early and I'm sure things will change or other options will be avail. This isn't the final product. Very interested in the interior of the Mach 1.
Nope, the mismatched wheels will DEFINITELY make it to production....

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Perhaps its not a Mach 1 mule at all.
Maybe it's a new 475 hp Boss 302 mule.

Sponsored

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
idk about this car hope it looks better then this i pray it's not a regular GT with some Mach 1 Badges that would be a slap in the face to Mach 1 lovers

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
The front splitter implies more of a Boss302 purpose, not Mach1...confused.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I see they haven't figured out how to get the front edge of the hood to align with the fascia...seems they'd work on THAT since they've been mucking it up for two years now.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
The thing I find peculiar about this car are the extended lug studs and open-ended lug nuts. That isn't something you do on a mass-produced, factory car... This may be a test muel for a Ford Rancing deal, either parts or some race car.

Sponsored

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
Which to me is more likely what the car in this video would be. It seems to have the same upgraded rearend housing that was seen a few weeks back. As far as I know the current Super 8.8" is quite robust, only the axles are weak. Why would a GT based "Special Edition" warrant an upgraded rearend, when even the GT350 has the current unit? While the Mach 1 could have a front splitter and ducktail spoiler, that would be a complete deviation from everything it has been in the past. When equipped the Mach 1 has always had a raised pedestal style spoiler and more of an air dam on the front than an adjustable splitter. Now the parts on this car may be nothing like what will eventually wind up on this model, but if they are and it were to be a Mach they would have completely steered away from the Mach heritage.
You'll have a hard time finding spy photos of a GT500. Or, at least, being able to ID something that has anything to do with it.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
I listened to a bunch of 11-14 and have heard a 15 in person with the stock GT500 quad axleback and it doesn't sound like the car in the video. The more I watch the video the less the car sounds like a Coyote. Without any details on the mid pipe setup it is just a guessing game but to me it doesn't sound like any 5.0 I have heard.
I agree with you, this doesn't sound like any coyote i have heard before.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
There is nothing here that really suggests Mach1. Besides that, you guys should know better than to take early development mule vehicles at face value by now - they're just too cobbled up to infer anything from. This looks like a GT with rear wheels and a splitter from a Boss 302 and the rear valance cut up to use GT500 exhaust tips. That's all we can see here.

I would personally sooner bet that this indicates possible changes to the 2018MY GTPP than anything about a Mach1. Assuming we can make assumptions from a mule, but don't assume we can assume that...

JoshMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2003 Mach 1, 64.5 Coupe
You'll have a hard time finding spy photos of a GT500. Or, at least, being able to ID something that has anything to do with it.
Spy photos will not be achieved easily I agree. The GT program is a fine example of how Ford can completely design a car in an underground bunker unbeknownst to the public.

Being able to say what will or will not be on the car is hard, but they are drawing attention to the new decklid. It would have been easy to paint it white and the rear spoiler is so

subtle it would have almost blended in. I keep going back and looking over the pictures to see if I miss anything.

When something new is shown in such plain in your face sight I get suspicious. It's a great tactic, everyone is busy looking in the right hand while the left one is stealing your

wallet.
Sponsored