Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Long tubes, Lund tune, Roush CAI.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
^^^ imgur hosted photos don't show up on this chat board very well. You have to click the link, then hit enter with the cursor in the address bar to get the jpg to show.

Last edited:

Sponsored

KazzMANIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Premium - HEAVILY modified
Hi. In 4th gear, 642rwhp at 7150 rpm and 509ft-lb torque 4500 rpm. I'm new to dynos. Just finished build and put it on dyno yesterday but have some questions:

1. This pull shows SAEJ1349 as being set. Does that mean this pull is SAE corrected?

2. This pull was done in 4th gear. I have 3.73 gears. Should we have done it in 5th or 6th gears? If so, would that improve the results or make them worse?

3. We stopped test at 7150 rpm but HP was still climbing. At what RPM should we stop the test?

4. On our first pull, HP was just over 500. Dyno operator increased resistance on roller to 40%. After that, numbers got to where they were supposed to be. Does that sound right? Why does increasing resistance on roller increase HP and torque? I thought it would be exact opposite.

5. Do these numbers seem about right for my build?

Details:
> 2017 Mustang GT w/PP
> Roush Phase 2 Supercharger
> VMP Performance 91 Octane Tune (that's the best gas we have access to here)
>170 thermostat
> kooks 1-7/8 catless long tube headers, X pipe, and Roush active exhaust (tested wide open)

Thanks for any help!

Kirk

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2. This pull was done in 4th gear. I have 3.73 gears. Should we have done it in 5th or 6th gears? If so, would that improve the results or make them worse?
5th gear in the M-82 is 1:1 and should typically be the gear used for a dyno run.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks very much. Do you know if that means my performance will be better than it was in 4th or worse?
Yes, probably see a slight increase in rear wheel HP because there is less HP lost through the transmission when it's in the 1:1 (direct) gear.

KazzMANIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Premium - HEAVILY modified
I have no idea what my rev limiter is set or that I even had one. VMP did the tune - I assume the limiter is defined in their code somewhere but not sure.
Sponsored