2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
JC ~ your sleek Blue Beauty is a work of art !!! Major WOW factor. Your GOOD : ))
A little outside the box thinking and a sight for sore eyes.
Perhaps Ford could use this as a concept car for the next SEMA Show.
I can just barely see through the window . . . is that me in the driver's seat?
Well Done !
It's actually a Mazda concept car with a lil Photoshop.
Sponsored

Kenardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Parnelli Jones Boss 302
I did not know that Mazda made a GT500 ??? which is what I see on the side quarter panel !

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I did not know that Mazda made a GT500 ??? which is what I see on the side quarter panel !
Photoshop. Read the comments.
01_rx-vision_h.jpg

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
^^^One thing to think about is:

- Mustang has outsold the Camaro almost every month since its 6th gen inception.
- The Mustang has never halted production in it's 50 year history.
- Ford has never taken public funds to shore up its business.
Get over the "it out sold the camaro"! Its not about how many you sell its about how much you make and we'll never know. Secondly GM has made a lot of money off of guys deciding to buy a corvette instead of a camaro. If Ford had that option mustang sale numbers would go down.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Get over the "it out sold the camaro"! Its not about how many you sell its about how much you make and we'll never know. Secondly GM has made a lot of money off of guys deciding to buy a corvette instead of a camaro. If Ford had that option mustang sale numbers would go down.
You failed to see the point. That arguement proved that Ford made better business decisions than GM as illustrated by the following reasons.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1780946&postcount=220

Did all those sales of corvettes avoid their Gov't bailout???

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
You failed to see the point. That arguement proved that Ford made better business decisions than GM as illustrated by the following reasons.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1780946&postcount=220

Did all those sales of corvettes avoid their Gov't bailout???
Obviously not, but all of the Mustang sales aren't the reason they avoided it either. Called bad business decisions, and its much deeper then the mustang, camaro and Corvette. Corvette never halted production either. I'm not going to live in the past about what did/didn't happen though. There's reasons GM has moved on to new people to lead their company and they continue as a company to make large profits so they must be making better decisions now. I do agree the entire point of a halo stang is to use the existing platform to build an ultimate car that its based on, but has shared cost. However it might be in Fords interest to build a car (possibly a 2 seater) that competes more direct with the corvette.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Obviously not, but all of the Mustang sales aren't the reason they avoided it either. Called bad business decisions, and its much deeper then the mustang, camaro and Corvette. Corvette never halted production either. I'm not going to live in the past about what did/didn't happen though. There's reasons GM has moved on to new people to lead their company and they continue as a company to make large profits so they must be making better decisions now. I do agree the entire point of a halo stang is to use the existing platform to build an ultimate car that its based on, but has shared cost. However it might be in Fords interest to build a car (possibly a 2 seater) that competes more direct with the corvette.
I appreciate your business sense and point taken on performance vehicles not being the reason for/not for bailout either way.
That was a statement aimed at a very cloudy post/thought process of another member. The past few pages have been hilarious
and I had to say something from a design & production standpoint. Your post/reply was on the tail end of a lot of that.

I am not going to live in the past either but a product lines heritage must be respected. The point I was trying to make in all my
posts is that you cant just take a Mazda (or any) concept car, slap some juvenile badges in photoshop and post it to a forum and
call it a mustang.

If someone came into my office interviewing for a design job and put some blatantly plagiarized work I would immediately show them
the door. It shows a lack of integrity and breaks rules a true designer lives by (Not to be confused with platform sharing/badge engineering).

I agree it is in Fords best interest to make an all out hi-perf. 2 seater and that's what the Ford GT is all about. Winning the 24 was nice wasn't it?
Keeping it a staple in the lineup is a totally different business decision and their choice to make it a limited run like the previous is wise. We all seen
what happened to the Viper on more than one occasion. I'm sure there are people that disagree with me on that (as this is a forum) but I'm with
the execs on this.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I appreciate your business sense and point taken on performance vehicles not being the reason for/not for bailout either way.
That was a statement aimed at a very cloudy post/thought process of another member. The past few pages have been hilarious
and I had to say something from a design & production standpoint. Your post/reply was on the tail end of a lot of that.

I am not going to live in the past either but a product lines heritage must be respected. The point I was trying to make in all my
posts is that you cant just take a Mazda (or any) concept car, slap some juvenile badges in photoshop and post it to a forum and
call it a mustang.

If someone came into my office interviewing for a design job and put some blatantly plagiarized work I would immediately show them
the door. It shows a lack of integrity and breaks rules a true designer lives by (Not to be confused with platform sharing/badge engineering).

I agree it is in Fords best interest to make an all out hi-perf. 2 seater and that's what the Ford GT is all about. Winning the 24 was nice wasn't it?
Keeping it a staple in the lineup is a totally different business decision and their choice to make it a limited run like the previous is wise. We all seen
what happened to the Viper on more than one occasion. I'm sure there are people that disagree with me on that (as this is a forum) but I'm with
the execs on this.
I agree with all of that and the GT is great but completely unattainable for most anyone. I think they design and build a front engine car with maybe AWD, 2 seats and a higher end interior and sell it in the 90-120k range would be very sellable. They could use mustang engines for shred cost and probably some other components such as brakes.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I would hope that some of the technology and styling from the GTT would flow down into the next halo Mustang. It looks like the digital gauges similar to the ones in the GTT are already in the new mustang. That is promising. Just like with Porsche and others the technology in their Supercars eventually flows down to other models. If that is the case the next Halo Stang will be epic. Just hope its shows its self soon. Tired of the waiting!

Jc Desing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 500 2013
I do not want to get into the polemic, but I want to tint something ...

I repeat it again, if we stick to marketing works, then Ford would walk in the right way, but would be betraying its history.

A mustang is or rather was not a muscle car as you can see you were an American supercar.

This would be a current example: A nissan GT-R Skyline of aora in terms of power has nothing to envy European supercar. As the mustang towards the same function a GT500 had nothing to envy even Porsche.

This does not happen now unless you have a GT350-R and it's not that different from the base model. Now can you understand the difference ??

I'm going to leave it in pictures so that you can see for yourself the change of policies and let's be clear if this is the way we want to go ..

This was a few years ago you see a lot of changes compared to the base model

This is what we see now...

Do you see any difference ???
Where is the innovation in race cars?
Is not the same car, only with rods, gearbox, engine brakes and competition tires?

With this you intend to change my gt 500 of 2014 ?

When I plan things like this Ford, I sell my GT500 and I buy the new model

This is for me a racing s550

And this is what I want from the next s650 at least

01_mustang_gs_design_sketch__jc_design_by_jhonconnor-db2whxd.jpg

About using a Mazda platform the idea of making the Mustang as a supercar coupe is not new nor is it mine

frank-wu-ford-design-internship51.jpg

2015-Mustang-s550-Render-Concept-GT500.jpg

To some already occurred to us this idea muchisimo before and could be the way to distinguish a base GT of a GT500 GT800 COBRA or as they want to call it. The idea is very simple it risks a little more and you will see how the people make the effort to buy something like that

:ford::paddle::doh:

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I still love the Mustang GTR

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
The only thing these renders are missing is the fact that there's a VERY pronounced bulge in the middle of the hood. And no twin rear fender NACA ducts. But from what I've been told from A friend at FMC, this is a GT350R with the future cats front end underneath and it's engine too. So the rest of this car can be dismissed from front fenders back.