Sponsored

Dashcams

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
So only the "parking mode" is not working? Everything else is fine?

I recall reading somewhere that it is disabled by default and needs to be turned on.

Just found it:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=985020&highlight=parking+mode#post985020
Yes, it seems to be a result of not finding a circuit that's on all the time. There are a few of us that have had a go, but have kind of left it on the back burner. As for everything else working OK, there seems to be a few quirks such as if you turn the engine off and on again within about 15mins, it won't stat recording automatically. So if you stop for petrol, you need to remember to manually turn the unit on again. It's not the greatest product in the world to be honest, but from what I've read on forums, they all have their problems and limitations.
Sponsored

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Yes, it seems to be a result of not finding a circuit that's on all the time. There are a few of us that have had a go, but have kind of left it on the back burner. As for everything else working OK, there seems to be a few quirks such as if you turn the engine off and on again within about 15mins, it won't stat recording automatically. So if you stop for petrol, you need to remember to manually turn the unit on again. It's not the greatest product in the world to be honest, but from what I've read on forums, they all have their problems and limitations.
Isn't there any fuse that's on all the time on the interior fuse panel? We could always wire it up directly if that's the only power issue. I'm sure that would fix it for sure. Have you guys tried that?

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Isn't there any fuse that's on all the time on the interior fuse panel? We could always wire it up directly if that's the only power issue. I'm sure that would fix it for sure. Have you guys tried that?
You'd have thought there must be one somewhere! We tend to have little goes and leave it to the next person to have a go at it. I've used a multimeter before and thought I've found a permanently powered circuit only to find it doesn't work when wired up. Some seem to be on for a time delay or when the doors are open etc.

As you say, next step is fused connection direct to battery (or main fuse box), but nobody has got that far yet.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
[MENTION=13759]Monty[/MENTION] OK cool, thanks for the heads up. I'll update you in around 4 weeks.

My friend is an electrician, had a chat with him about this and he's confident there will be (has to be) one active one on the inside. But he can wire it directly as a last resort.

I'll post here and in your UK thread, that is if no one sorts it by then.

On a side note, had a test in another car last night. Pitch black but the thinkware has insanely good clarity. Could see all the text on road signs from ages away. Very happy with it. Voice was great too. Picks up everything clearly.

Only weird thing is the 1 minute recording saves. Wonder if there's options for it. If not, I guess it won't be too hard to find software for that.

Ps: [MENTION=18726]Bradek[/MENTION] hope that's a good "soft review" for initial Australian impressions :D

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have kept out of this thread because I couldn't remember the name of the system that was recommended to me by my installer..... today I caved and rang them up.

They are pretty up to date with this kind of thing, and audio installs, and they have always done a great job on my previous cars, although I have not had a dash/security cam installed previously to the Mustang.

They use the IROAD V9.

This is a front and back camera system, link has video examples.

http://iroadhd.com.au/product/iroad-v9/

Last edited:

Sponsored

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
Is it not possible to tap into the rear view camera?
I understand the unit needs to be a 2ch to handle both forward and reward facing cameras, just wondering if this was possible.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Seems to have more or less the exact specs of the Thinkware F750.

Which capacitor though? That's the real question lol

I can merely comment, as I'm going by what our UK friends are saying about not having a continuous power supply for when the car is off.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Is it not possible to tap into the rear view camera?
I understand the unit needs to be a 2ch to handle both forward and reward facing cameras, just wondering if this was possible.
Tap into the rear reverse cam? It would be inactive when the ignition is off.

The F750 routes power from the main unit to the smaller rear unit via a USB cable.

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Installed my Blackvue DR650GW 2 channel today, fitting the cameras and tucking the wires was easy but accessing the fuse box to install the Power Magic was an absolute bastard of a job - whoever designed the fuse box to be in that location for RHD should be shot.

I used fuses 2 for the constant power & 23 for accessories. I used a fuse tap/add a circuit which fitted well.

I tricked the car into a fully shutdown by manually latching the drivers door and locking it (after turning the alarm off). After half an hour there was still power at fuse 2.

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
Installed my Blackvue DR650GW 2 channel today, fitting the cameras and tucking the wires was easy but accessing the fuse box to install the Power Magic was an absolute bastard of a job - whoever designed the fuse box to be in that location for RHD should be shot.

I used fuses 2 for the constant power & 23 for accessories. I used a fuse tap/add a circuit which fitted well.

I tricked the car into a fully shutdown by manually latching the drivers door and locking it (after turning the alarm off). After half an hour there was still power at fuse 2.
Thanks for the info! So the parking mode works? It will not shut down after an hour or two?

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
I checked it after an hour and it still had power. Fuse 1 also did, so either of those should work.

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Few of us in the UK having issues getting constant power on the F750. Fuse 2 & 23 don't seem to work, unit has power when you turn the ignition on, it doesnt at any other time. Few other fuses have been tried as well.
I also find with mine if i turn the engine off and lock the car, then get back in within 10 minutes the camera will not come back on automatically, needs to be manually powered on.
Recently its been behaving oddly as well, driving along the other day and it rebooted itself, then randomly while sitting on the motorway at 70 it went into parking mode?!?

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if the F750 hardwire kit is a bit more temperamental than the Power Magic Pro that the Blackvue uses?
Sponsored