Sponsored

Steeda Introduces New 2016 Police Interceptor Mustangs

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I concur with everyone....sell me the wheels on the second car cheap and now! :)
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Getting a prisoner in the back seat :lol:

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
My concern for our officers while reading this is safety; will bullet-proof glass be installed? These cars were made to be light and fast; what happens if someone shoots at the door and/or slams it with a truck? How well will it absorb the hit and not fall apart injuring the officer(s) or bystanders?

Sadly I think the chargers are better suited for police cars, as Genxer said; how would they arrest someone and get them in the back seat?

Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
With the Impala putting out almost 400 hp and room for "perps", I don't know which agency would be buying this. Still, when FHP had their Mustangs(there was also a 2002 Camaro SS), they were fun to watch flying down the highway.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
There are s197 mustangs being used now as "police" cars. I dont see why they couldnt/wouldnt use the new and improved s550?

Focustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Totally digging the funky steel-wheel look of the top pic--makes it all the more intimidating and down-to-brass-tacks.

Thinking back to the days when the CHP used Fox platform Mustangs, it seemed like a great PR prestige element for the cops. When the cars sold at auction, they were cheap, tough, and fast. Seemed everyone I knew bought one and drove them hard.

Congrats to Steeda for the new take on the Mustang Police Interceptor. As much as I'd love to see Ford offer this kind of package, they likely have a lot invested and at stake in the enforcement versions of the Taurus and Explorer.

edillen3953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot silver Ecoboost Premium w/PP
Cool in concept but not practical in reality. The overwhelming percentage of police departments by standard Police duty cars at fleet/reduced prices. I doubt many have the extra cash to fork over more than MSRP for a specialty vehicle like this. In this day and age the NEED just to be fast for a patrol car is just not there. Most PDs have restrictive chase policies that limit pursuits and its hard to outrun a radio.

Sponsored

majtom94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Black V6 6SPD Auto
Gives a whole new meaning for a ride to the pokey. Strictly a pursuit vehicle, as a perp once in the back can not be retrieved.

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
With the Impala putting out almost 400 hp and room for "perps", I don't know which agency would be buying this. Still, when FHP had their Mustangs(there was also a 2002 Camaro SS), they were fun to watch flying down the highway.
Houston police use Camaro's as undercover cars, I got pulled over in my Honda by one chilling on the side of the freeway.

I would imagine Houston could pick up 5-10 of these and use them as speed trap undercover cars.

I've only ever seen two Camaro cop cars down here and both were for freeway speeders

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Houston police use Camaro's as undercover cars, I got pulled over in my Honda by one chilling on the side of the freeway.

I would imagine Houston could pick up 5-10 of these and use them as speed trap undercover cars.

I've only ever seen two Camaro cop cars down here and both were for freeway speeders
Agreed, I've seen a bunch of Camaro, Challenger and Mustang unmarked cars. Actually saw a black Camaro one yesterday during my lunch break who just finished pulling someone over.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
My concern for our officers while reading this is safety; will bullet-proof glass be installed? These cars were made to be light and fast; what happens if someone shoots at the door and/or slams it with a truck? How well will it absorb the hit and not fall apart injuring the officer(s) or bystanders?

Sadly I think the chargers are better suited for police cars, as Genxer said; how would they arrest someone and get them in the back seat?
CHP used fox bodies in the day. These are a massive step up.

And the Chargers don't use bulletproof glass either. Lol

Invalid points.

This won't be a cruiser. It will be the car that catches the rare police chase instigator.