daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Not sure why guys want to pirate someone else's hard work. We all pay tens of thousands of dollars for our cars but then cheap out for a $5 rental about them. That's a fast way to discourage people from making films like this.
Sponsored

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
i dont think people really do it with that intention or malice its more of like its right there so people kind of just do it i know it doesn't make it right but would you pay for something that can be had for free same thing with music i know its messed up but ill admit i dont buy music anymore unless its like a really nice cool album then ill just buy the cd for collection purposes or a badass movie etc i rented the movie though only way i could get it to play online and i wanted to cast the webpage to my tv so i could watch it properly

OP
OP
GAFA

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Not sure why guys want to pirate someone else's hard work. We all pay tens of thousands of dollars for our cars but then cheap out for a $5 rental about them. That's a fast way to discourage people from making films like this.
I watched it by using a Friends US iTunes account (can't use an Australian account), as the makers have the film have not made it easily available for those outside of the USA to view/purchase, despite requests on their Facebook page to do so. Perhaps they forget the Mustang is now a 'global' car.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It's a great film and I happily paid to watch it via Vimeo........that being said, I'd pay again if it meant I could have it on DVD. Call me old fashioned, but I like to own physical things. It could then sit next to the other DVD posted above (Mustang - The First 50 Years) in my collection :)

OP
OP
GAFA

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
It's a great film and I happily paid to watch it via Vimeo........that being said, I'd pay again if it meant I could have it on DVD. Call me old fashioned, but I like to own physical things. It could then sit next to the other DVD posted above (Mustang - The First 50 Years) in my collection :)
Same here, I prefer to own the physical item, so I still by CD's, and DVD's. Lots of people have asked the film makers via their Facebook page about a world wide DVD release, but nothing forthcoming from them when I last checked their page.

Sponsored

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT Premium, 2015 GT Premium 50th Ann. Edition

It would be a real shame to own A Faster Horse on DVD. Get it on Blu-ray when released. Don't hurt your eyes. The director ensured me it was shot with the highest quality cameras for the Blu-ray market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Amazon taking pre-orders for the blu-ray, with a supposed release date of December 1:

http://www.amazon.com/Faster-Horse-Blu-ray-Edsel-Ford/dp/B017WLXBAU

Bluray.com suggests that it is Region A locked (other regions obviously untested at this stage), but this doesn't always end up being the case.

I have a region switchable blu-ray player so have pre-ordered. Will test Region B compatibility when it arrives and advise accordingly.

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I did not know this was coming to Blu-ray so fast and I run a Blu-ray website. Lol. I saw this on iTunes today too for 6.99 in HD.

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
Guys I hate to be the bearer of bad news as I very much want to own this on Blu-ray, but this isn't a professional Blu-ray release. It's printed on a BD-R. In my opinion you're just asking for playback trouble. There's even a disclaimer on Amazon page here: http://amzn.to/1OhES2s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Guys I hate to be the bearer of bad news as I very much want to own this on Blu-ray, but this isn't a professional Blu-ray release. It's printed on a BD-R. In my opinion you're just asking for playback trouble. There's even a disclaimer on Amazon page here: http://amzn.to/1OhES2s
I did notice that disclaimer and thought it a little strange.

Did some digging and Amazon quote the company "FilmRise" as being the studio.

Checked their website and found a blog entry which states that they will be distributing the film:

http://filmrise.com/filmrise-to-dis...acclaimed-documentary-about-the-ford-mustang/

Being in the business, I guess you would know what the usual process is. My initial thought was that they were unsure what the demand would be for such a release, so went with the "manufactured on demand" model.

The same studio has several documentaries listed on Amazon in the BD-R format. Perhaps it's all we are going to get.

:shrug:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It would be a real shame to own A Faster Horse on DVD. Get it on Blu-ray when released. Don't hurt your eyes. The director ensured me it was shot with the highest quality cameras for the Blu-ray market.
I don't have a Blu-Ray player and our DVD player isn't multi-region........and can't be hacked :(

So, I set my laptop DVD to be Region 1 :)

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
I did notice that disclaimer and thought it a little strange.

Did some digging and Amazon quote the company "FilmRise" as being the studio.

Checked their website and found a blog entry which states that they will be distributing the film:

http://filmrise.com/filmrise-to-dis...acclaimed-documentary-about-the-ford-mustang/

Being in the business, I guess you would know what the usual process is. My initial thought was that they were unsure what the demand would be for such a release, so went with the "manufactured on demand" model.

The same studio has several documentaries listed on Amazon in the BD-R format. Perhaps it's all we are going to get.

:shrug:

Yeah just makes me very nervous to see that. A BD-R disc is something we can walk into Best Buy and buy it ourselves with no guarantee it will play on a BD drives, including game consoles, which IMO are some of the best Blu-ray players you can use. Quite honestly, I'm just going to grab the film in HD on Apple TV and then I can watch it whenever and wherever I want. It's only 6.99 that way. I was wondering why we were not given a copy to review. Now I know :-)

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Well, after a couple of false starts, Amazon's status for my Blu-ray order has moved to "Preparing for Shipment".

I'll let everyone know if it works upon arrival.

:thumbsup:

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
Can you post a picture here when you get it? I have never heard of a home made commercial film on Blu-ray so interested to see what this product looks like. Thanks!

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I enjoyed the movie. I wish it had more technical stuff, but overall it was a great documentary.
Sponsored