Sponsored

Converting CLEAR tail lights to RED with a vinyl kit

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Me too don't understand why there are no dedicated mustang shops in the entire europe :crazy:
Because there were NO Mustangs in Europe. Until now.
So it is a new potential market. ;)
Yes but a wise manager will start a shop BEFORE the first car arrived.. so we won't even look at US shops! How many of us has already ordered from US?
Honestly I don't care if its a EU shop or US shop, but I do see a potential market for the EU lights cock-up! @Diode Dynamics comes to mind first, a solution like the plug & play tail light sequencer for the EU lights would be awesome and a clear Tribar DRL mod without the disco lights could also sell pretty well. Those are the 2 mods I would like to have the most ATM. Also disassembling the lights and send them somewhere to be modded is a no go for me. (although the drl's might be tricky)

These 2 mods + the vinyl tint and we are close to our goal :thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Taillights mod will never be plug & play - our bars are built in a single array of leds, while US model can control every bar indipendently. It requires solder work.
The only way I see to get this simple, is that who make these mods sells pre-modded EU taillights and get back ours.
The same for headlights.. no way for us to do the bake open thing :eyebulge: but if the sell pre-modded headlights exchanging with ours will be great!

Diode Dynamics won't give me discount code for free shipping INSIDE USA (I'm collecting stuff to a package forwarding service in Oregon) like all other users - only because I wrote 'Italy' in my profile... so won't count on them for EU coverage :shrug:

Edit: I agree with you for the 'disco light' thing, but if the DD version is cheaper than one without RGB leds, I'll go with the former :)

lightnin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT
Looks great. I find it funny that I want clear tails here in the us and have red and there you have clear and want red. Lol

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Looks great. I find it funny that I want clear tails here in the us and have red and there you have clear and want red. Lol
Isn't it?

I love reading about the mods you guys are doing over there. :cheers:
It's nice some of you want to really Americanize your 'stangs more; meanwhille I personally think your 'ugly' clear EU tails would look GREAT on a white car. I will probably never get to see that mod here. :(

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Isn't it?

It's nice some of you want to really Americanize your 'stangs more; meanwhille I personally think your 'ugly' clear EU tails would look GREAT on a white car. I will probably never get to see that mod here. :(
Because it's still an American car, yet for some reason they wanted to make it more European... apart from the emission Euro6 norm I still don't know why they messed with the lights so much.

Btw, it doesn't look that bad on a black car either, although one of our major issues is that they look pink and warbled during daytime.
Even the turn signals are not that obvious when sitting in a truck or jeep, almost had 2 accident so far by drivers trying to pass me on the left side while I'm turning over to the left with the turn signals on.

Sponsored

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Yup, looks decent on black car. Red would be better no doubt.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
You're right! My personal explanation is that you have seen this car for 50 years (well, sort of) and everything that make it looks different is nice\better; on the other side, here we never seen something like the Mustang (apart some grey market import) and the fact that we will not have the 'original' american version make us going mad :doh: :D

Isn't it?

I agree - on some colors they looks great - but as always, it's not 'american' :D
Ford, gives us the real thing so then we can mod to our likes!

Btw, excluding red vinyl that is really cheap, all other mods to only have a car like the original would cost money money money..!!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
My biggest beef with the Euro tail lights is not so much that they are clear but the fact that they burn pink. That is seriously lame.

The vinyl mod at least cures that.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Great looking mod there :thumbsup:

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Grass is always greener on the other side... People want what they can't have.

Looks great though. It's a great and cheap mod for you guys and you don't have to swap the expensive tailights. It's a shame though that you guys don't get sequential turn signals (and that they're amber), but I'm sure someone will figure that out eventually.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Because it's still an American car, yet for some reason they wanted to make it more European... apart from the emission Euro6 norm I still don't know why they messed with the lights so much.

Btw, it doesn't look that bad on a black car either, although one of our major issues is that they look pink and warbled during daytime.
Even the turn signals are not that obvious when sitting in a truck or jeep, almost had 2 accident so far by drivers trying to pass me on the left side while I'm turning over to the left with the turn signals on.
Interesting. Are the red tails legal there? I believe here, in some states at least, you can have the clear ones but you must have red bulbs.
Crazy how yours could appear pink, though. Not necessarily a great look unless maybe you paint your car the same :p

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Someone in Poland already developed a complete conversion kit for that.
Yup, and it appears it took a lot of time. Lots of dedication, for sure.
VERY impressive result; looks like the real thing. :thumbsup:

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I am still loving them white lights on my "Blue-and-Silver" color themed car.

Isn't that normal Belgian traffic? That, or 'white van man' drivers :p
Sponsored